• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 Is 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I could wrong but isn't it announced 1080p on xbone some time ago? Although I'm not exactly surprise, I don't call it a good news.
Recent XO games that have opted for 1080p have suffered in the performance department. Dropping resolution for performance is *ALWAYS* the right answer in my book, though obviously there are those that disagree.

Hopefully it runs smoothly on both.

Green Yoshi

Yeah. I hated Watch Doges and Black Flag 900p on PS4. So blurry and washed out.

OT, but I just read that SW:BF will be 720p on XBO. What the actual hell? That is like PS2 era stuff.

You know there was a 1080p patch for Black Flag? No idea how long it took until it was released.

Pinky

Banned
ry%3D400

Navid

Sorry I'm not in on the circle that decides to when to shift the goalposts.

But please inform the rest us when its okay to be outraged.
Speaking of shifting goal posts... I like how you went from me talking about people caring about differences in two platform versions of a game to 'outrage'.

Lower res or worse performance on Xbox One is expected. All I need from the media is a heads up if there's ever a game that's the opposite for some reason. Unless something is brought to my attention, of course I'll be going with the PS4 version of any cross-platform game. And I'd assume most owners of both consoles would as well.

HoodWinked

got to play this at pax and it ran smoothly visually actually reminds me alot of TPP. but considering mad max ran 30 on consoles its likely the same.

statham

Lower res or worse performance on Xbox One is expected. All I need from the media is a heads up if there's ever a game that's the opposite for some reason. Unless something is brought to my attention, of course I'll be going with the PS4 version of any cross-platform game. And I'd assume most owners of both consoles would as well.

I'm planning on picking up a PS4 soon for QD games, I will still pick up multiplats on XBO, resolution doesn't matter to me at all. I just picked up a 1080p TV a few months ago and while the picture is slighlty cleaner, I don't see a big difference from that and my 720p TV. controller, 10+ years of friends, achievements, ect. I do game on PC too, so when performance is really bad as in late 360 games, I bought the PC versions. But like the PS3, my PS4 will be for a handful of games.

DarkOneX

Not me, plan on getting the XB1 version and I have PS4 too. Big reason for me is I really really love the Windows 10 streaming that XB1 provides, I can't believe how awesome it works and it allowed me more choices of where I can play my XB1 games around the house. Been buying my multiplats on XB1 lately and even rebuying some ones that I got on PS4 previously with no regrets thus far.

enemy2k

No matter your platform of choice, Just Cause 3 looks like amazing fun. I'll be getting it on PC personally though.

Purest 78

I'm planning on picking up a PS4 soon for QD games, I will still pick up multiplats on XBO, resolution doesn't matter to me at all. I just picked up a 1080p TV a few months ago and while the picture is slighlty cleaner, I don't see a big difference from that and my 720p TV. controller, 10+ years of friends, achievements, ect. I do game on PC too, so when performance is really bad as in late 360 games, I bought the PC versions. But like the PS3, my PS4 will be for a handful of games.

Opposite here most of my friends were on ps3, if 360 had a better version of a game. I bought the 360 version in a heartbeat. It's all about the game for me at the same price I choose the better version every time.

Yoday

Not I. I started this gen with PS4 as my primary platform, but now I get everything on XB1. I just prefer pretty much everything about the system. All other things being equal I'd still get the XB1 version over the PS4 version of any given game based solely on the absurd amount of noise that the PS4 makes. The PS4 is by far the loudest system I have ever owned, and the XB1 is the quietest system I have owned since the N64. The noise of the PS4 is far more distracting and experience killing to me than the resolution difference. Meanwhile I can't actually hear my XB1 unless my entire house is dead silent.

Mastperf

invest in a decent GPU for your PC. I still think XBO/PC is the way to go. thus my old post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600846
That was before either system had launched and MS was still on course to destroy the XB1 before it even launched. You were doing damage control and it's unwise for anyone to take your advice without considering your extreme MS loyalty. I'm not attacking you, but I would advise against anyone taking advice from any members that have shown to be so one-sided in favor of any console.

That peach legitimately looks like my butt hole

Hahaha gawd dayum.

900peaches

Welp, it only took a couple extra pages :p

That was before either system had launched and MS was still on course to destroy the XB1 before it even launched. You were doing damage control and it's unwise for anyone to take your advice without considering your extreme MS loyalty. I'm not attacking you, but I would advise against anyone taking advice for any members that have shown to be so one-sided in favor of any console.

Basically.

It's fine to prefer one console maker over another but to feign legitimate advise with the heavy amount bias behind it is a bit unfair imo. Not to dog pile or anything.

Nbz

But they will both inevitably run at 30 FPS, so why even care. Honestly resolution wars are so fucking stupid, framerate is a million times more important to visual fidelity in my mind

So if you have a peach tree on your property that produces peaches with a shade more fuzz than the peach tree on mines, I'm supposed to not enjoy mines?

Yes, you can enjoy your peaches, but don't assume there's no merit in the better tasting fruit. I'm sure if overnight your peaches magically tasted as good, you would have no problems whatsoever and would not want to degrade from hereonafter.

What if I sit 12 ft away from my peaches, essentially they look and taste the same at that point, right? Plus I just brushed my teeth and used mouth wash, so I can't taste a difference anyways.

What the hell are you on about? Fine, I'll play along. If the thread was about the texture and quality of the peach (which I guess would include the fuzz?), and you came in saying "who cares, as long as they taste good that's all that matters," it would be the same thing you're doing now. It isn't a thread about how the peach tastes, it's about the physical quality of the peach... or something...

I feel like I lost IQ points trying to go along with this terrible analogy.

PS4:
peachesyqs3k.jpg

Xbox One:
elgdzlfsdysf.jpg

This peach resolution meme has been amazing.

I am fine if the game on the PS4 is 30fps with dips down to 20fps. I understand that the frame rate will dip when lots of physics and explosions are on screen. I'm not asking for the moon.

Crayon

I am fine if the game on the PS4 is 30fps with dips down to 20fps. I understand that the frame rate will dip when lots of physics and explosions are on screen. I'm not asking for the moon.

In just cause 2, I actually felt some satisfaction when to much shit was exploding and the framerate chugged.

Top Bottom