• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League - Official Trailer 1

Should Superman eventually appear in the trailers?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Utterly devoid of joy. Why does DCU hate color and sunshine?

I don't think it being dark is really one of the issues with it tbh. It's a good way to separate it from the MCU and it fits with the whole Morrison-esque "the JLA is like a pantheon of gods" super operatic/dramatic approach, so a more apocalyptic palette theoretically could work. In terms of tone there's plenty of cheese and quips in here too depending on how much your definition of "joy" hinges on those things.

Batman kinda looks out of place during the day too, so that may have been a factor lol.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Mmmhmm. The bigger issue isn't so much having so many characters, it's juggling expectations of what fans want to see highlighted for each one.

The problem is, I don't think Zack Snyder have ever seemed all that interested in giving the fans what they want when it's come to the making of these movies. Instead, he seems more into twisting all the character's personalities and long established ideologies around to suit his own personal template that better represents what he feels these characters "should be" (aka: "cool badasses" who "kick ass"), best represented through Batman going around murdering and mutilating criminals and Superman snapping General Zod's neck because it was "the realistic thing to do".

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
It looked okay, certainly looked to be an improvement over the previous DC films. But then Snyder can cut a trailer like no one else, I mean just look at Man of Steel trailer #3, man I still get pumped watching it even knowing how the film itself turned out!!! So this could be that, a decent trailer masking a typical blah DC film. Hopefully not though, I want it to be good.

Tepidly anxious after that trailer.

I don't think it being dark is really one of the issues with it tbh. It's a good way to separate it from the MCU and it fits with the whole Morrison-esque "the JLA is like a pantheon of gods" super operatic/dramatic approach, so a more apocalyptic palette theoretically could work. In terms of tone there's plenty of cheese and quips in here too depending on how much your definition of "joy" hinges on those things.

Batman kinda looks out of place during the day too, so that may have been a factor lol.
I think it's an issue in that it's dark for all the wrong reasons.

EhoaVash

This is my most anticipated movie of the year. I love the justice league growing up

But I'm kinda erked it won't make a billion cause the release is sandwiched between fucking star wars and Thor 3/ all those other movies in November. They should release it earlier.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
How was the Suicide Squad Directors Cut? Or has that not come out yet?

It's the worst superhero movie that I have seen since Superhero movies have been good. So like 2008. I've only seen the directors cut and that shit was worse than Iron Man 3 (if you thought IM3 was trash)

This is my most anticipated movie of the year. I love the justice league growing up

But I'm kinda erked it won't make a billion cause the release is sandwiched between fucking star wars and Thor 3/ all those other movies in November. They should release it earlier.

Yeah. Kinda interested to see how that goes. They'll make a fuckton, like BvS did..but will they crack a billy doe?

Radec

PRa5XL4.jpg

Aquaman and Flash gonna steal the show.

Alienous

The problem is, I don't think Zack Snyder have ever seemed all that interested in giving the fans what they want when it's come to the making of these movies. Instead, he seems more into twisting all the character's personalities and long established ideologies around to suit his own personal template that better represents what he feels these characters "should be" (aka: "cool badasses" who "kick ass")

It's a major problem for the DCEU. It's filled with untested versions of characters. Comic book movies are only a sure-bet when you're leapfrogging off of things that stuck around in the comics - things you know resonate with people.

But the DCEU is a weird Elseworlds intepretation of the DC universe. A Batman who is OK with killing, a non-boyscout Superman, shitty versions of Lex Luthor, and the Joker (though Snyder isn't as much to blame for that).

When it isn't just a movie, but the foundation of a 'cinematic universe', the impact of even slight deviations will start to add up. There are entire storylines that Batman v Superman rendered unviable.

Just take the stuff that's risen to the top over 75+ years and translate it to screen. That's all they need to do.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Because people like colors. It's false advertising.

I know, but it just seems like they're extremely aware of the constant criticism that keeps getting flagged up with these movies in regards to the fact that visually their hideously drab and colourless, but they're only prepared to rectify that mistake in the marketing for these films as opposed to in the films themselves.

It's really odd.

Xanfrabot

Neo Member
Zack Snyder must really hate color, everything reminds of the early PS360 era and that obsession with brown and grey color palettes.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Beyond HYPE!! Holy crap!!!!!! Aquaman wrecking shit. I love it. Plus Flash is finally having his speed realized. Pump it into my veins!

Koyuga

They're trying too hard to mimic marvel with this trailer. I loved the hell out of Batman v Superman but I'm feeling a bit disappointed after watching this.

Strike

The action looks good. I'm starting to warm up to Flash, but that's not what I'm most concerned with here. Hopefully they ​can finally crank out a decent story this time.

Busty

Banned
It's gonna do gangbuster overseas by default but I hope this thing bombs in the states and WB just shuts this crap down .

What an odd thing to say.

To literally hope a film bombs is just such an infantile thing. Why? If you don't like it don't go and see it.

There..., I've sorted that out for you.

You're welcome.

Window

Will watch for the Flash.

As someone who only knows JL through the cartoons, I really miss Green Lantern's presence (I can kinda understand the lack of MM).

I enjoyed that trailer, Cyborg looked off, though (I'm assuming it's early CGI), and the use of Come Together was kinda hilarious.

Not getting my hopes up too much, though, just cause I know Snyder will disappoint.

K.Sabot

Will be another trainwreck I'm sure.

Cyborg's bad cg face was already easily spotted in the short clip at the end of his intro.

Prologue

What an odd thing to say.

To literally hope a film bombs is just such an infantile thing. Why? If you don't like it don't go and see it.

There..., I've sorted that out for you.

You're welcome.

Maybe he feels the current direction of the universe isn't doing the material any justice?

effzee

Trailer looks great!

Not sure what or why people expect a trailer to change their views of the previous bad movie or think a trailer will put them at ease for this.

Movie could be crap but all we have is the trailer right now and that is pretty badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom