• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League - Official Trailer 1

Should Superman eventually appear in the trailers?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an odd thing to say.

To literally hope a film bombs is just such an infantile thing. Why? If you don't like it don't go and see it.

There..., I've sorted that out for you.

You're welcome.

Because eventually you'd hope they explore it again in a way that isn't just to shill crap out to make money .

At this rate they don't particularly care because both BvS and Suicide Squad did pretty damn well BO wise even though they were awful movies .

Hopefully this one leads to the down fall. Wonder Woman looks like a huge dud. So a couple of duds in the row BO wise might do the trick.

The way you look at it is basic as it gets. WB continually making money with these low quality films will just continue to put out the same bs. Even people that somewhat enjoy this garbage should realize how lazy WB has been with handling all this.

I'm glad we've now got Jason Momoa doing a single facial expression in all his scenes and Cyborg doing a single facial expression in all his scenes to go with Gal Gadot doing a single facial expression in every scene and Cavill doing a single expression in every scene, all of them a sort of angry glumness.

Does Snyder even have y'know actors and performances in his movies? Or does he just want to pose action figures in front of greenscreens?

This was posted a few months ago but it's still revelant https://youtu.be/38Cy_Qlh7VM
Unearned moments is all of Snyder's career. Ok, maybe not his first film Dawn of the Dead, ironically. Watchmen is full of it, just trying to have cool moments but not enough scenes. Then it just got worse and worse.

The thing is, there are directors that are more style but still have scenes in their films and setup locations with actors and dialogue in them like Refn. So, it's not like you can't have a visually stylish director who also has substance and weight.

We just had Logan which was all about scenes, but also had moments. They're not mutually exclusive.

Looks good. I am going to see it no matter what as I am a fan of the characters, but I am hoping the end product will be really good. I still enjoy Batfleck too, maybe there can be some good news for that project as well.

IrwH3DV.jpg

Parademons chose the wrong island to attack.

10/10

Thank god Snyder is here to redeem Batman.

Exactly. He's laying fantastic groundwork for Reeves to pick up in The Batman. Older, jaded Batman is what we need right now and he hit the mark perfectly with BvS.

His movies will still be the best Batman movies though.

Living on borrowed time. Once WB sort out The Batman, Nolan's 2.5 movie series will be forgotten about like Batman and Robin.

Unearned moments is all of Snyder's career. Ok, maybe not his first film Dawn of the Dead, ironically. Watchmen is full of it, just trying to have cool moments but not enough scenes. Then it just got worse and worse.

You used to be good people Mess, what happened?

Arjayes

Banned
After watching the trailer about 10 times:

1) I don't think Cyborg's face is CG. Just the cyborg part of his face is that bad (look at 1:10).

2) Cyborg's body looks very "rough draft". I'm guessing it will change by the end of the movie or at the end of the movie.

3) I hope Cyborg wasn't wearing a hood in order to conceal his identity when he has a glowing fucking eye.

4) Didn't know mechatronical was a word until today.

5) Cyborg telling the bystander to move was the first time I felt someone was an actual superhero in DC or Marvel. I know Supes and others did it too but it was just different in this trailer. Like he was in control and telling him to move I guess.

6) I agree in the notion that 1:10 is probably the return of Superman

7) WW sliding leg sweep:
Pj1nbXM.gif

8) I like the full moon shot.

9) What the hell is the Flash looking at @ 1:26? (You gotta pause it to see it)
9a) I don't like how the parademon or whatever didn't naturally follow the Flash and seemed to just instantaneously point to where the Flash was.

10) The flash of light in between WW bashing her shield and the Flash running is what? WW and Aquabro are in a cave.

11) Mera:
5cwMC6p.gif

12) I like the Yoga/Troubled kid with father issues image Barry Allen has. Seems like a personal story akin to Superman's and his family's (and Cyborg's)((and maybe Aquaman's)). I like how we can meet and connect with their families.

13) That big war scene looks like the original fight between Amazonians and humans and whoever vs Darkseid/Steppenwolf. The result of that fight ties into them burying the motherbox in the original reveal? Maybe that's why Amazonian's don't want to get involved anymore? Lost a lot of people?

14) Cyborg crying. In the reveal he seemed really robotic. Is this a story about how he gains emotions? Then changes suits?

15) What is Aquaman dodging underwater?

16) @1:58 Where WW falls and where she lands is completely different. Nice cut but definitely two different scenes.

17) YAAYYUH

Oersted

Trailer looks great!

Not sure what or why people expect a trailer to change their views of the previous bad movie or think a trailer will put them at ease for this.

Movie could be crap but all we have is the trailer right now and that is pretty badass.

That is a rather strange sentiment. Man of Steel was acceptable, BvS was bad, Suicide Squad was... I'm stil in disbelief that it happened.

Just like the Wonder Woman trailer, this one did not have to convince me they got better. They simply had to convince me that it advertises a good movie. I have hopes for Wonder Woman. I have none for this. Can be wrong, mind you.

GavinUK86

amazing trailer but cyborg looks horrible. everyone is the something now too. the cyborg. the aquaman. the batman. the flash. the wonder woman. the superman?

Theorry

I did like this shot of Cyborg. Shows his American Football roots. And is that a tank and the shot seems at the Superman Memorial?

EFPnVn0.gif

guek

Banned
I know, but it just seems like they're extremely aware of the constant criticism that keeps getting flagged up with these movies in regards to the fact that visually their hideously drab and colourless, but they're only prepared to rectify that mistake in the marketing for these films as opposed to in the films themselves.

It's really odd.
That's because the marketing and production teams aren't in sync. The scenes themselves are typical Snyder fare albeit with more jokes, but the marketing team likely wants something very different. The music selection here tries really hard to inject brightness over muted color.

cj_iwakura

Also, Cyborg feels out of place somehow. Can't put my finger on it. Maybe because I don't know the character at all in association with the JL.

Also, Cyborg feels out of place somehow. Can't put my finger on it. Maybe because I don't know the character at all in association with the JL.

Wasn't be a C lister like Plastic Man and the other garbage heroes who were only brought because the A listers didn't want to deal with stupid shit?

Why is he suddenly a founding member?

And because it should have been 1 of 2 green superheroes..

Wasn't be a C lister like Plastic Man and the other garbage heroes who were only brought because the A listers didn't want to deal with stupid shit?

Why is he suddenly a founding member
?

I'd guess for the younger gen+diversity. Could be wrong..

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The dark color scheme is clashing with the light hearted nature of the lines, the editing also felt a little weird and yeah fuckton of CG.

That's because the marketing and production teams aren't in sync. The scenes themselves are typical Snyder fare albeit with more jokes, but the marketing team likely wants something very different. The music selection here tries really hard to inject brightness over muted color.
It's not a Snyder trailer, that's what it feels like.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Watched the trailer again

That 1:10 shot of the group being together but solo pan shot, good lord is the CGI on Cyborg horrible
Why not use some good animatronic side pice and then overlay CGI on top of it
He feels like a fucking mess

He doesn't feel "Bulky", like goddamn he's built like a tank
It's more like a fragile robotic figure who pieces have gone missing due to battle damage
That cave shot of Aqua and WW and him on the right, he feels so lanky
Look at his legs and midsection, they feel so disproportionate to upper body

Shouldn't he be more Football player built, like he suppose to be an overwhelming superhero that he has the brawn, built, and the brains
Also every time he speaks, the robotic side is like 3-5 frames catching up to the movement of the facial features
It feels jarring to me
Like artificial plastered on CGI that feels not a part of him

Also Flash costume when shown full, looks bland
The red should be popping, make you realize the Flash is in the scene
Also the upper body to midsection looks like somehow a Transformer face attached themselves onto him

Megatron is here boys, his alternate form is to be the Flash's costume
So much weird spacing between Armor and gaps that could be filled up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom