• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League - Official Trailer 1

Should Superman eventually appear in the trailers?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has me feeling like revisiting BVS. Watched it once. Had mixed feelings about it. Never seen the extended edition. Should I give it a watch?

Oersted

http://mynortherngarden.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/DSC00760.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

The difference between The Incredibles and Iron Man 2 is not only how much inferior Iron Man 2 is. Its the fundamental flaw in connected universe movie making. On its own, Iron Man 2 like most Marvel and DC movies have no business in existing. They are pointless movies with stories solely existing to get out of the way for the assemble movies. They exist in sake of the connected universe, not because they contain stories that needed to be told. Of course, you still can make good movies like Iron Man, but they are not created to be good. Which resulted in the sheer amount of forgettable or outright bad movies.

Its bad filmmaking, plain and simple.

Not

Banned
The difference between The Incredibles and Iron Man 2 is not only how much inferior Iron Man 2 is. Its the fundamental flaw in connected universe movie making. On its own, Iron Man 2 like most Marvel and DC movies have no business in existing. They are pointless movies with stories solely existing to get out of the way for the assemble movies. They exist in sake of the connected universe, not because they contain stories that needed to be told. Of course, you still can make good movies like Iron Man, but they are not created to be good. Which resulted in the sheer amount of forgettable or outright bad movies.

Its bad filmmaking, plain and simple.

Huge claim that a shared cinematic universe in any form will typically engender bad filmmaking.

Maybe start a new thread if you want to explore that topic further.

bndadm

I cant believe how apathetic I feel towards it all. Maybe its a tonal thing I am not picking up on, but none of the visuals are exciting me.

I want this to be good but the advertising is not hitting me.

Ashhong

The shot with the Amazons in battle is it against the atlanteans or the parademons?

Whew I'm slayed.

Looks like people are flying, it has to be parademons right? Some flash back to them fighting atlanteans would be badass, but hopefully they save that for Flashpoint or something.

I'm late into this thread guys. Why are people thinking that we wont see Superman? They will clearly show him later to a second or third trailer. As Marvel did with Superman in Civil War.
And I've also seen this pic rumouring
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YN_TRdUpjkQ/hqdefault.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Photoshop from BvS set pic
[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lvOyV6p.jpg

Oh i guess you're right. But what about with this one
https://images.creators.co/images/c_limit,q_auto,w_710/vrnfjyj4ed4vxgdrpmsf/is-that-superman-s-black-suit.jpg[/IMG
I don't know if this is Superman's suit.[/QUOTE]

That ended up being Batman's tactical suit.

We've seen Superman in the initial promo photo and briefly in the BTS video.

[url]https://youtu.be/v-KLe65Okgo?t=36[/url]

The "you'll eat crow!" crowd kills me man.

There is nothing wrong with someone enjoying what this D.C. universe has been so far which has basically been pretty turd. We all intake in junk here and there.

Just don't go around acting like what you are enjoying is actually good filmmaking and quality material.
What a shit post.

Nerdwriter1 did a video what i hated most about Snyder and he will not let go..Moments..yet again i saw it in the trailer again for Justice League, even if it is lighter the obsession from snyder will be terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Cy_Qlh7VM

Nerdwriters great, but when you think about how comic book illustrations are composed, Snyder is pretty much just stepping up to do the live action version, which I don't see a problem with. The connective tissue between the moments could be vastly improved I totally agree, but I don't think it's ridiculous to form movies around specific shots, poses or actions when that's exactly what the source material calls for, heavy exaggeration and style over substance.

MartyStu

Aquaman is definitely going to steal the show. I can feel it.

That aside, I like the trailer, but I have no hope of the movie behind it. I can already see things that bother the living hell out of me (dodgy CG, weird scene composition).

I'm really hoping this is as simple and straight-forward as it looks like it could be.

Aliens invade the earth. Superheroes punch them a lot. Punching saves the day and everyone hi-fives. That's all that's needed here to salvage a watchable popcorn flick, KISS.

Not

Banned
Snyder will even deny Superman fans the black suit.

He wastes one of his most well known arcs (death of superman) and now doesn't even seem to be using the iconic suit from that arc.

Master troll.

If we don't get an Eradicator cameo I am going to just SCREAM

Wonder Woman giving batman the assist by taking those mooks off the batmobile looked really cool. She had some of the doper shit in here. I'm kind of hoping she takes co-leadership of the team alongside Batman, even when Superman comes back into play.

Y'know, I hope he does wear it honestly, because Supes fans deserve it and then some.

All they have to do is let Cavill be Cavill and then you will have the Superman most people seem to want. I liked his Superman so far, but I can see that people don't like him, because not my Superman.

Corpsepyre

Banned
All they have to do is let Cavill be Cavill and then you will have the Superman most people seem to want. I liked his Superman so far, but I can see that people don't like him, because not my Superman.

Yeah, it's a big problem too. Everyone seems to have their interpretation of the character, though most of them here want Christopher Reeves back. They refuse to even comprehend that the character might have been portrayed differently in other media from time to time, such as comic books.

Betty

Banned

Confession: As much as I dislike BvS, one moment I enjoyed was when Superman see's the apartment fire on tv at the gala then has to rush away, for one brief moment the film 'got' the character.

Then the crowd did that weird worship moment around him and Supes just furrows his brow rather than looking bashful or telling them they don't need to bow, or something.

Superman fans deserve a better actor playing the character.

Cavill isn't a great actor, and he admits he acts mostly just for money.

But, he can be charming when given the chance, Snyder just makes him seem miserable 24/7.

Let us see Superman save people or do kind acts and have him be happy, just once, c'mon!

JJH

f7r28ejmhlny.jpg

Confession: As much as I dislike BvS, one moment I enjoyed was when Superman see's the apartment fire on tv at the gala then has to rush away, for one brief moment the film 'got' the character.

Then the crowd did that weird worship moment around him and Supes just furrows his brow rather than looking bashful or telling them they don't need to bow, or something.

Even in that moment, I could understand his struggle. Snyder is not the best when it comes to execution of inner struggles of characters, but I get what he wants and I don't dislike the idea at all. And the movie makes it quite clear that the world is divided on the topic Superman. So he will obviously focus on the negative voices, just like most normal people with a conscience would do.

That's at least my headcanon for this version of Superman and I like it, even though it's very hit and miss when it comes to actual execution.

Khezu

I didn't really like any of that.

Everything just looks really fake.

I also think they overdid the effects for Flash, every time he does anything its like a lazer light show.

Even in that moment, I could understand his struggle. Snyder is not the best when it comes to execution of inner struggles of characters, but I get what he wants and I don't dislike the idea at all. And the movie makes it quite clear that the world is divided on the topic Superman. So he will obviously focus on the negative voices, just like most normal people with a conscience would do.

That's at least my headcanon for this version of Superman and I like it, even though it's very hit and miss when it comes to actual execution.

Geezuz..he's a GAFer!

Extended version fixes the movie, still not great, but it's not horrible like the theater cut,

Word..

Mobius 1

Cavill isn't a great actor, and he admits he acts mostly just for money.

But, he can be charming when given the chance, Snyder just makes him seem miserable 24/7.

Let us see Superman save people or do kind acts and have him be happy, just once, c'mon!

On BvS, Snyder made it look like Clark also takes himself a little too seriously as a messiah figure. That shot during the flooding river - why the fuck is he posing like an angel against the sun instead of lifiting those poor sods from the house's roof?

Which made it even more satisfying when Bruce caved his face in.

Finally decided to check out BvS thanks to this trailer. I liked it(Theatrical cut). Early on it was just jumping from place to place. Once the tub scene was over it was smooth sailing though. Only things that stood out after that point the overuse of the Wonder Woman theme. It was funny by the time the final battle started.

I'm more enthusiastic about seeing JL in theaters now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom