• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League - Official Trailer 1

Should Superman eventually appear in the trailers?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherbox case?

WJT1iKV.jpg

I think you mean Marthabox.

Ashhong

Lol, I took BvS out of the picture and gave a basic example and both you and other dude couldn't just let it go. Had to bring BvS back into equation for no reason .

Again, clown-ish

So you bring up a movie/topic, I continue that discussion, and then you try to backpedal because you can't have any kind of decent discussion on something you started.

Talk about clown-ish

Finally decided to check out BvS thanks to this trailer. I liked it(Theatrical cut). Early on it was just jumping from place to place. Once the tub scene was over it was smooth sailing though. Only things that stood out after that point the overuse of the Wonder Woman theme. It was funny by the time the final battle started.

I'm more enthusiastic about seeing JL in theaters now.

Aw man, you need to watch the Extended Cut, it really is better. I don't remember them using the WW theme much before the battle though..maybe like once? Can't remember now

Is Darkseid in this or are they still building to that?

Didn't think this looked bad, but I doubt I'll see any DC movie in a theater after sitting through BvS.

Ashhong

Is Darkseid in this or are they still building to that?

Didn't think this looked bad, but I doubt I'll see any DC movie in a theater after sitting through BvS.

Darkseid is not expected in this. Steppenwolf first

I'm not gonna disagree or argue, Nem. I'm hoping for the best. But shit..he really hasn't looked good from jump. I'm hoping that they tweek it until the last second, because homie is looking dookie. You'd agree there, right?

They just need to blend the metal into the face more, and add reflections and shit here and there. It shouldn't be tooooo hard...

I thought the CGI through out the trailer was horrible, not just Cyborb, everything is WIP..

He stands the fuck out tho..let's be real..

They just need to blend the metal into the face more, and add reflections and shit here and there. It shouldn't be tooooo hard...

Time is on their side, for sure. I'm just thinking that damn, till this point? Brother has looked like a bowl of ass.

Betty

Banned
On BvS, Snyder made it look like Clark also takes himself a little too seriously as a messiah figure. That shot during the flooding river - why the fuck is he posing like an angel against the sun instead of lifiting those poor sods from the house's roof?

Which made it even more satisfying when Bruce caved his face in.

Yeah, if Snyder wanted to make us believe Clark was teetering on the edge of becoming an authoritarian he succeeded.

That part where he nearly vaporizes Luther and snarls felt like a Bizarro moment.

I think you mean Marthabox.

tumblr_mhi8vl7Ed21rnw80to8_1280.gif

Lokimaru

HTa1p69.gif

Then don't watch it? That's pretty dumb.

I care about Superman... from the beginning Snyder said that this was the film where we see the REAL Superman he envisioned (or something like that). If Supes comes back mid-shitstorm and starts wrecking dudes with a black suit and a beard I'll just beat off right there in my seat. Especially now that I know that's not Gadot's butt.

What the Fuck does REAL Superman even Mean?

I read Superman comics. I, as a person who liked the New 52 version (Kid had Balls IMO) hated fucking Rebirth (Regurgitated is more like it) and them bringing back Captain Walk About (How quickly they forget Grounded) with his navel gazing Bullshit (Oh but he's raising a Son now.....So?). People said THAT was the real Superman,
well it wasn't the truth was they both were and had been split by unknown hands
. (Bullshit but what are you gonna do.)

Now we have a Movie version who people say ain't how Superman should act. Lets look at the Facts. Fights for the people (Check) Loves Lois (Check) Investigative Reporter (Check) Martha! (Check)

People talk about Pa Kent's Loose Moral but the Guy died trying to save a Dog, before that he helped a Woman rescue her child while everyone else around him ran for their lives!. You really think a man like that would have let kids drown in a bus...Really? Clark does what he does because of Pa Kent's Actions not just his Words because words really don't mean anything til you back them up by actually doing shit. That's why he said maybe cause he didn't know.

And no Clark Doesn't OWN the world anything anymore then any Refugee Owes the Country that took them in. That fact that he Does give Back is what Matters. Guy goes to Work every Day and Pays his Taxes that's basically It as far as Owe goes. That he still does Superman shit is a Bonus. It's not like he's living off the Wellfare and Unemployment checks.

they cyborg shit is like iron man without his helmet in civil war. it just looks bad far too often.

the best cyborg shot in the trailer is when his face is fully covered for a reason.

I7Hk1iv.gif

Looking at this, you can tell Snyder was influenced a bit by Star Wars light speed. Wouldn't be the first time.

Y'know for a Snyder trailer I'm pretty disappointed. I'm not even talking about the movie itself here.

I agree with this. Movie looks fun but the trailer was more or less what you'd expect from a big blockbuster trailer, down to the joke after the title card. Hoping at SDCC there's a full on nerd trailer. That said, it's better than their attempts to make a fun blockbuster trailer for BvS, like that crummy Doomsday one.

kobu

I thought the CGI through out the trailer was horrible, not just Cyborb, everything is WIP..

I feel you but cyborg really stands out which is why I don't think he is going to look that much better when the movie comes out. His terrible design doesn't help either.

Aske

This looks like it'll be fun, but after BvS, I just can't get excited. This also doesn't look anywhere near as good as Justice League: War, in much the same way Suicide Squad didn't come close to the greatness of Assault on Arkham.

Thank Grodd for the DCAU.

I'm not too worried about Cyborg's CGI. The movie is still 8 months away and if anybody can make a CGI body look good, it's Zach. Dr. Manhattan still looks great and that was 8 years ago.

i really like the trailer when the chorus of come together kicks in tbh. i know it's just a beatles cover from aerosmith this time but i love this trend of their songs popping up in trailers. it really works for this one too.

and yeah good call on the Star Wars hyperspace effect they have with flash. looks baller.

Bishop89

that was fucking cool.

Love it.

The only thing that bothers me is WW's slow-mo sweep kick which was present in the WW trailers.

I thought the song choice was great too

Bluth54

Did anyone else just start laughing when Come Together started playing? It was the most obvious, hit you over the head song they could of chosen for this trailer.

Not

Banned
Did anyone else just start laughing when Come Together started playing? It was the most obvious, hit you over the head song they could of chosen for this trailer.

Obvious musical cues in a DCEU property? Did you miss a certain Oscar-winning movie that was released last year?

its not Godsmack lmao. but now I'm having doubts its Aerosmith either, doesn't sound too much like steven tyler. was this just commissioned by WB?

Blablurn

But what if..

... and now listen to me GAF...

...any of those Metahumans would invade the White House and decide to attack the President?

But what if..

...any of those Metahumans would invade the White House and decide to attack the President?

You know, I'm just not a bad enough dude to rescue the president anymore. I was a year ago, but somehow it seems like the badness requirement has gone up exponentially.

Prompto

Banned
But what if..

Quick! Recruit a team of a guy who can tie ropes, Joker's girlfriend with a bat, and some Australian who has a boomerang.

it's not even a marvel vs. dc thing. relax, but thats exactly what the effect looks like. janky as shit.

a lot of bizarre shots of tony without his helmet in cap 3. robots are a mistake.

Homie..I'm eating a $20 steak and drinking some fine ass wine. Could I be more relaxed? lol..The brother looks fucking terrible. You wanna give it a pass? Do you..I'm certainly not here to make you feel otherwise, and I ain't gonna convince you regardless..

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom