• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justin Bieber attacks Neighbor's house with eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Eggs? Oh no. How is this even like big news news? I did that as a regular boy growing up. Celebs should, while coked out completely naked, be destroying neighbors windows with rocks while yelling at them how they will never become as rich as them. Look at that Steve-O documentary when he trashes his place, that's a proper neighbor metldown.
Someone who lives next to the Biebs is probably rich as fuck.

Felony egg throwing? Come on America.

Eggs do an insane amount of damage to paint. Especially car paint. The possible felony is for the damage caused not the act of tossing an egg. If he tosses enough and causes enough damage, why should it not be a felony?

Dead Man

IF he really did that much damage, why would it matter what he used?

Eggs do an insane amount of damage to paint. Especially car paint. The possible felony is for the damage caused not the act of tossing an egg. If he tosses enough and causes enough damage, why should it not be a felony?

Felonies are supposed to represent serious crimes. Petty vandalism is not a serious crime. Throwing eggs at a house should not mean you can never vote again.

Dead Man

Let's see how much damage he caused before white knighting please.

White knighting? Bloody hell. I don't care what happens to the wanker, I care about the other dumb poor kid who is going to be disenfranchised for throwing eggs. Bieber can go fuck a cactus for all I care.

Yeah, I don't see the big deal. I thought egging someone's home (particularly your friends) was a right of passage for boys to men. I certainly partook in a number of eggings, and had my house (parent's) egged in return. All is fair in war. I still remember spending Saturday mornings scrubbing dried up eggs off the house, driveway, and mailbox. Fun times...

White knighting? Bloody hell. I don't care what happens to the wanker, I care about the other dumb poor kid who is going to be disenfranchised for throwing eggs. Bieber can go fuck a cactus for all I care.

Other dumb kids don't throw eggs consistently at their neighbors house until the cops come. They drive by in a car toss a couple and split.

Yeah, I don't see the big deal. I thought egging someone's home (particularly your friends) was a right of passage for boys to men. I certainly partook in a number of eggings, and had my house (parent's) egged in return. All is fair in war. I still remember spending Saturday mornings scrubbing dried up eggs off the house, driveway, and mailbox. Fun times...

I had my car egged while I was gone for a weekend and had my car paint destroyed. Cost me (and my family ... I was broke) several thousand to fix. Fuck eggers.

No one I know or have ever known throws eggs at peoples houses. Especially when they were 19.

Felonies are supposed to represent serious crimes. Petty vandalism is not a serious crime. Throwing eggs at a house should not mean you can never vote again.

Again, the eggs don't matter. If he really is charged it won't be with "throwing eggs". The claim is that he did more than $400 worth of damage. What dollar amount of damage do you think should be done before it's considered a felony?

I know if someone smashed up $400 worth of my shit, I'd be happy to hear they were charged with a felony.

UrokeJoe

Eggs are no joke. I remember an egg fight at my house when I was kid that started simply from how you couldn't break an egg between your index finger and thumb. Next thing you know full on egg fight and then the next weekend having to paint the house.

Dead Man

Other dumb kids don't throw eggs consistently at their neighbors house until the cops come. They drive by in a car toss a couple and split.
One egg flies through a window and knocks over something expensive. Felony. It is stupid. You can have all the jail time you want, but calling it a felony instead of a misdemeanor is stupid.

Again, the eggs don't matter. If he really is charged it won't be with "throwing eggs". The claim is that he did more than $400 worth of damage. What dollar amount of damage do you think should be done before it's considered a felony?

I know if someone smashed up $400 worth of my shit, I'd be happy to hear they were charged with a felony.

$400 bucks worth of shit is not worth taking away a persons vote. You can still go to jail for misdemeanors.

studyguy

Eggs are no joke. I remember an egg fight at my house when I was kid that started simply from how you couldn't break an egg between your index finger and thumb. Next thing you know full on egg fight and then the next weekend having to paint the house.

Eggs pillaged my land and ravaged my sister.
Also a friend had an egg land on her car one year, it really does do an assload of damage.

For those on about the harsh accusation,
think of the upscale neighborhood he lives in, do you really think these people aren't going to come down on him after the history of trying to oust him from the community?
Comon, they want him out from all accounts, this sounds like more fire in their favor. Of course they'll throw as much shit on the guy, hell I'd do the same to a neighbor who eggs my shit, who does that?

I don't agree with a felony charge, but then again, vandalism is incredibly stupid.

RedShift

This story cracks me up. I hope he shells out to repair the damage. Hopefully he won't beat the charges with a crack team of lawyers.

One egg flies through a window and knocks over something expensive. Felony. It is stupid. You can have all the jail time you want, but calling it a felony instead of a misdemeanor is stupid.

$400 bucks worth of shit is not worth taking away a persons vote. You can still go to jail for misdemeanors.

Unless you're tossing hard boiled eggs, they're not breaking a window. They do a ton of Damage to paint.

I do agree that $400 in damage isn't worthy of a felony. I'm not sure where I think that dollar value should be. Maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5k in damage.

Tossing eggs at someone's house for 30 min could do that though if not immediately cleaned.

Aylinato

Felons can vote...so I don't understand what you are getting at.

(You might lose your registration status in southern states, but you can reapply to get your right to vote back)

SaviorX

Maybe this was his way of reaching out, in his own way, to his neighbor.

I'd imagine the strains of fame and privacy can ruin communication.

If you really wanna call cops though, call me when they throw bullets. Stop being a punk and just prank him back with dyed water guns

studyguy

(You might lose your registration status in southern states, but you can reapply to get your right to vote back)

Honestly, I doubt Bieber really cares if he can vote anyway.

Dead Man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_disenfranchisement#United_States
Felony disenfranchisement was a topic of debate during the 2012 Republican presidential primary. Rick Santorum argued for the restoration of voting rights for ex-offenders.[12] Santorum's position was attacked and distorted by Mitt Romney, who alleged that Santorum supported voting rights for offenders while incarcerated rather than Santorum's stated position of restoring voting rights only after the completion of sentence, probation and parole.[12][13] President Barack Obama supports voting rights for ex-offenders.[14]

As of 2011 only Kentucky and Virginia continued to impose a lifelong denial of the right to vote to all citizens with a felony record, absent some extraordinary intervention by the Governor or state legislature.[15] However, in Kentucky, a felon's rights can be restored after the completion of a restoration process to regain civil rights.[15] In 2007 Florida moved to restore voting rights to convicted felons. In March 2011, however, Republican Governor Rick Scott reversed the 2007 reforms, making Florida the state with the most punitive law in terms of disenfranchising citizens with past felony convictions.[16] In July 2005, Democratic Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack issued an executive order restoring the right to vote for all persons who have completed supervision.[15] On October 31, 2005, Iowa's Supreme Court upheld mass re-enfranchisement of convicted felons. Nine other states disenfranchise felons for various lengths of time following their conviction. Except for Maine and Vermont, every state prohibits felons from voting while in prison.[15] Iowa Governor Terry Edward Branstad reversed Vilsack's executive order.[17]

Not as simple as all that, some states are better than others.

what,do you live in a 50s movie or something? it is not a rite of passage anywhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_disenfranchisement#United_States

Not as simple as all that, some states are better than others.

1. He's Canadian so can't vote
2. doubt the little cares about voting
3. most states do let felons vote after completing their sentence. what if justin had cause 1,000 of damage? 5,000?

Dead Man

what,do you live in a 50s movie or something? it is not a rite of passage anywhere.

1. He's Canadian so can't vote
2. doubt the little cares about voting
3. most states do let felons vote after completing their sentence. what if justin had cause 1,000 of damage? 5,000?

You must have missed the post where I said I didn't care about this wanker, I was referring to vandalism being a felony in general. And yeah, I think for even 5k damage being unable to vote is too harsh.

You must have missed the post where I said I didn't care about this wanker, I was referring to vandalism being a felony in general. And yeah, I think for even 5k damage being unable to vote is too harsh.

what's your limit? 10K? 20K? at some point maliciously destroying someone's private property has to be punished with more than a slap on the wrist. and again, he would be able to vote after his sentence and he applied to reinstate his right to vote (assuming he cared) h

Dead Man

what's your limit? 10K? 20K? at some point maliciously destroying someone's private property has to be punished with more than a slap on the wrist. and again, he would be able to vote after his sentence and he applied to reinstate his right to vote (assuming he cared) h

A slap on the wrist? I would prefer a jail sentence and no damage to voting rights, like a misdemeanour could provides. A year in jail is better than calling something a felony but keeping the weak explicit punishment. I don't want him to have no punishment, I want people who do that to have a real punishment, but also one that is not as arbitrary as a felony for what is a relatively minor offence.

I have never said there should be no punishment or a small one, just that calling shit like this a felony makes a mockery of the point of the felony/misdemeanour divide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom