• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverfield

Neo Member
The only kpop-related dream I've had also involved Sooyoung. I was watching korean television shows with her at a table and she couldn't understand Korean. Only English.

Dunno why her. I wouldn't call her one of my favorites.

Brown Eyed Girls' Miryo
aZiZH.jpg

No point to hate on rookies unless their song(s) are garbage (stellar, for example) but when you have groups like Spica, Chocolat and maybe Nine Muses/Dal Shabet (if you guys still consider them rookies) there's some good music there (Albums, not just singles!!!!!) Just because there isn't a member you like in the group shouldn't stop you from giving their music a chance.

Well I do not hate rookies, but I find it hard to find the motivation to give a song another chance if it does not immediately grab my attention, unless I already know the band. There's too much to listen to atm. That info picture someone posted alot of pages back says it all. Whoz That Girl got my attention immediately, Russian Roulette did not. My eyes pretty much glaze over when you guys start talking about Spica or some of these new boy bands.

Love bottom of this picture.

We should have had a 2011 kpop GAF awards, someone should get on that at the end of the year.

lunlunqq

Dreamstalker Taengoo knows no favorites. She invades any and all dreams regardless of if your favorite is Yoong or Fany or even Hyo.

tumblr_lzqh6rtyDs1r2f0m9o5_500.jpg
...my only SNSD dream was dream with her (no other members) in it... although she's among my favorites, i still feel it's quite strange...

filler

Banned
The only kpop-related dream I've had also involved Sooyoung. I was watching korean television shows with her at a table and she couldn't understand Korean. Only English.

Dunno why her. I wouldn't call her one of my favorites.

Are you black? I hear she's into that.

Alta1r

Lol. I see so many pictures of the girls around just one another or other girl idols that it always slightly surprises me to see how small they actually are. Especially the short ones.

Well I do not hate rookies, but I find it hard to find the motivation to give a song another chance if it does not immediately grab my attention, unless I already know the band....My eyes pretty much glaze over when you guys start talking about Spica or some of these new boy bands.

Yeah pretty much this. If the song doesn't sound good in the first couple minutes I end up pretty much never listening to it again unless it's a big name group. If some members are like Yejin level eye candy I'll pay attention to them in the thread and probably give the song another chance. A non-spectacular song + non-spectacular looking group = more or less forgotten until their next release.

We should have had a 2011 kpop GAF awards, someone should get on that at the end of the year.

It's still February, we can still do it. Although that runs the risk of turning this into the OT kpop thread. We'll need at least two "looks" awards for each "music" award to make sure this thread doesn't run astray.

Lol. I see so many pictures of the girls around just one another or other girl idols that it always slightly surprises me to see how small they actually are. Especially the short ones.

So true. I can't believe I'm taller than most of them, at least here in Europe it's not easy to find small women :(

Btw, Gee cover by NylonPink (Not sure if this has already been posted here).

Hara:
tumblr_lzte2r3BXl1qcve31o1_500.jpg

IU:
tumblr_lztbmaDh6C1ql46ngo2_250.gif
tumblr_lztbmaDh6C1ql46ngo5_250.gif
tumblr_lztbmaDh6C1ql46ngo3_250.gif

If anyone cares at all, here's the show SNSD were at:

Full Show: Burberry Prorsum Womenswear Autumn/Winter 2012 Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mymYfX0jTbI

Clip opens with them, sat next to Jolin Tsai.

VNqZW.jpg

By less opposed I do not mean I mind personally that she went that route, I was just really shocked that they let it happen. Would have expected there to be an akp article about it. Sal better be wrong though. Pretty certain we'd see more of Tia and Melanie even if it were to happen though.
I dunno. People fawn over 16-, and 17-year-olds, who
sic
they're often comfortably older than. That's more so on attraction, rather than simply being a fan. I'm neither a prude, nor an internet rage type. Still, seeing a 14-year-old dress, and dance like that -and get so much coverage for it- is just.. uugh.

Also, with bigotry still being what it is, you have to wonder how some would respond when they learn that not only is she not Korean, she isn't even of immediate Asian decent; afaik, anyway.

190829494F45054220A8F8

900px × 1,290px

173F24444F43A94727EBEB

http://cfile7.uf.tistory.com/image/193F24444F43A948285BF4

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Let's do this! I can volunteer to collecting votes. To somewhat simulate the aggregate way that regular awards shows work, I think we should do a 3-2-1 point point system for your 1st-2nd-3rd choices.

Does that sound good? How does this list of awards sound?

[Traditional division]
Best...

Artist:
Album:
Dance Song:
Pop song:
Ballad:
Female Solo:
Male Solo:
Female Group:
Male Group:
Female Rookie:
Male Rookie:
Fashion:
MV:
Choreo:
Concept:
Composer:
MC:

[Fanboy division]
Sexy queen:
Aegyo queen:
Selca queen:
Fanservice queen (as in, generally loving fans well):
Variety queen:
Variety group:
Best hair:
Ulzzang award:
BAMF award (not giving a fuck with style):
Leadership award (can apply to non-leaders):
Elegance award:
Airport excellence award:
Most Improved (variety/music/generally being an idol):
Most Improved (assets):
Most Likely To Have Had Plastic Surgery:

And our most prestigious...

True Idol Award - Excellence through injuries, overbooking, sleep deprivation, scandals, etc. Can be individual or group:

[Hiphop division]
Artist:
Album:
Song:
Rookie:
Swagger award:
Gangster award:

Alta1r

Let's do this! I can volunteer to collecting votes. To somewhat simulate the aggregate way that regular awards shows work, I think we should do a 3-2-1 point point system for your 1st-2nd-3rd choices.

Does that sound good? How does this list of awards sound?

There's too many categories. I think we should streamline it to something more like what I quoted below.

[Traditional division]
Best...

Artist:
Album:
Song:
Female Group:
Male Group:
Rookie:
MV:
Choreo:
Concept:

[Fanboy division]
Sexy queen:
Aegyo queen:
Selca queen:
Fanservice queen (as in, generally loving fans well):
Variety queen:
Variety group:
Best hair:
Ulzzang award:
BAMF award (not giving a fuck with style):
Leadership award (can apply to non-leaders):
Airport excellence award:

And our most prestigious...

True Idol Award - Excellence through injuries, overbooking, sleep deprivation, scandals, etc:

And add these to the fanboy division:

Fanservice queen (as in, the other type of fanservice):
Most Improved (variety/music/generally being an idol):
Most Improved (assets):
Most Likely To Have Had Plastic Surgery:

Dice

I figured the other type of fanservice applied to the sexy queen award. I like the other ones.

I'll see what others think of streamlining since you are far less into the music than most here.

Dice

Dude, don't start the tidal wave of entries yet. I know you generally don't give a shit about most of the scene, but we haven't even settled on a format of voting and process. I may even be able to set up a voting page. Also a lot of us do care about the music and it seems silly to hold separate awards for music and fanboys. You guys can just opt out of things you don't want to vote on.

Ranvier

ps. gyuri is overrated on here, she's posted way too much.

You know I agree with 99.999% of the things you say filler but on this, I cannot agree. Gyuri is amazing and her teef are the best in Kpop.

Do you not like her cus she has an oily face at times?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Gyuri.. overrated? wow. I think she needs to be posted more often. Same with Jing and Goo and maybe non-blonde Nicole.

czcaT.jpg

Alta1r

Lol. How old is she? And I didn't realize BoA was so young. I thought she was like approaching 30s or early 30s, but she's just 25/26.

Alta1r

...fuck it, lol.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE IN THE NEOGAF KPOP AWARDS 2011

If you vote, feel free to quote this so more people are likely to see it. Lurkers are welcome to vote!

How long should voting be open? One week? Two?

Nice! Good shit, Dice. I say keep voting open until you get at least 30-40 responses. Based on the top posters list, #45-50 is about where it starts tapering off into people who might not pop in the thread for a week or more at a time.

Dice

I was going to vote but there are way too many options (I can't find the appropriate word for awards sorry) and no nominees.
You don't have to vote in every category if you don't want. And you can just type one answer per category you vote in. If you think of more later for what you left blank, you can go back and vote in those categories. It gives me the info in a spreadsheet so I'll be able to sort by username and fill in blanks yet also not count duplicates if you accidentally do that.

Electing nominees would require doing a form like this anyway to get a consensus on what we all like. It'd be pointless extra work.

Ym1r

I wanted to put 2AM's 'you wouldn't answer my calls' on ballad so bad but it's from 2010. That song is my #1 fav song of all time.

Dice

This will be hilarious when people win for having a total of 4 votes, lol.

Xilium

What are we defining as a ballad in this poll?
Emotional love song? Slow(er)-paced pop song? Glory notes? Anything that isn't a traditional dance song (though k-pop seems to have choreography for everything)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom