• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biscuits

Damn Hyo looks dazed and confused there.

Do all these subbers sub out of the goodness of their hearts? Or is this their actual job? I expect it's the former and it goes to show why Kpop is spreading so much. These guys and people like them are the backbone of Kpop and I bet have brought in more people then doing shows like letterman ever would. I don't think you'd ever get Bollywood fans or Russian pop fans doing this to their shows. I think it all ties back into the huge amount of nationalistic pride and strong cultural roots most everyone seems to have in Korea.
I'm sure most of them get paid, but do it as a hobby. I have a feeling most of them are high school/college age too. But yeah, it's all very shady, perhaps out of ignorance.

Fafnir

Had BB Blue on repeat all day at work. I'll wait on buying the full album next week. Soshi are the only ones that can dupe me into buying the same album 3 times.

eWEEV.gif
mOBjq.gif

CeFzs.gif
EyjoI.gif

x3uTQ.gif
oVRLD.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Kara Crisis: 2nd Wave?
Word on the street is that Hara (who is one of the two who stuck with DSP) is the only one who did not extend her contract, which runs out in August. If she doesn't, she will become a free agent. If she didn't extend her contract, it seems unlikely that her original contract was modified like those with the other girls were. So she may have fulfilled her original as it was to give herself leverage on better resign negotiations.

Either way, I wonder what she has in mind. She kind of specializes in having little technical ability in anything so I don't see what else she would do. She is cute as an idol but not really the right type for modeling. She's fun on shows but not really an MC type. Is she crazy enough to be thinking of "settling down" with her boyfriend? I don't see Beast ending anytime soon.

magenta

Hara might not want to leave, just be in a better position to negotiate a good deal. Are they not still bringing in the $$$ from Japan?

BOO
ibbH6FviJbIpRo.jpg

It's hard to imagine Hara leaving Kara considering their popularity. Although, anything is possible I guess considering what happened with SS501. It will be a sad day if she does leave.

Alta1r

Even if she does leave, I can't imagine it being too big a deal since she's not the best singer, dancer or ulzzang of the group. It'll probably be like WG round 2.

Dice

Even if she does leave, I can't imagine it being too big a deal since she's not the best singer, dancer or ulzzang of the group. It'll probably be like WG round 2.
She's hella popular in Japan. Defo ulzzang, dunno what you're thinking.

Edgeward

Yea, she is most definitely uzzlang. She still may have the leverage since the company would want to keep their momentum and if they have contract dispute this would be a huge distraction and put a halt to their neverending promotion. But I have really don't think she has any intention of leaving.

Alta1r

I didn't know about the Japan thing but I thought Gyuri was supposed to be Kara's ulzzang.

But yeah, I can't imagine her leaving either since she's so young. I'm curious who really has the power in these upcoming negotiations.

Riverfield

Neo Member
Youtube things I link are doomed to be missed and relinked. (´⌒` ) That's the second time something I linked been relinked twice.

Hyoyoung in the Speed Lovey Dovey live performance for no reason. Silently dancing in the front center position. Yeah.

Goo Hara's contract shenanigans denied by dsp media.

On February 22nd, a representative of DSP Media stated, “We are currently in talks with Universal Japan for an extension as [KARA's] contract will be ending in August 31st …We believe that this news has been misinterpreted as Goo Hara’s lone issue.”

The representative continued, “Goo Hara, along with Ji Young, Gyuri, Nicole, and Seungyeon all have different termination dates for their contracts, but all of their contracts continue onto 2014…We were taken aback by these reports. Please don’t bother KARA as they have finally settled back in after struggling with measles this past year,” and requested for the reports to stop.

Measles?

Alta1r

We're due some quality gossip about Gyuri being a demonic bitch to the other four.

Lol. Speaking of which, I wonder if her label made her sign a non-disclosure and/or non-compete clause and if Korea enforces them. She might be SOL in her negotiations if she signed the non-compete and Korea enforces it like most states in the US do. No idol group with any other label for likely two years means she'll have basically zero negotiation power if she can't land a job elsewhere and/or settle down, lol.

Ranvier

We're due some quality gossip about Gyuri being a demonic bitch to the other four.
]

I can totally see that. But it's forgivable cus she's hot. If Hara or that other one besides ham and Nicole was the bitch though...
...id support any type netizen rage.

Biscuits

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/8572060.html
[UPDATE]

Basically the August timeframe they were talking about is actually the end date for their contract in Japan, which is still in the works of negotiation b/c errone in Japan wants to sign Kara. It has nothing to do with their Korean contract, which is set to expire in 2014, and this was just speculation on the media's part b/c everything Kara is news now after what happened last year.

Source: Naver
Translated: Aceham

Dice

If you are learning Korean, I just discovered memrise.com which is amaaaazing for improving your vocab. Make sure you have 한글 down before you start, and it would be best if you know how to type it as well. You won't have to be fast at typing it yet, as it will also help train you in that. I'm going to go ahead and use the site to help learn some Mandarin as well.

Ranvier

You know, whether all this goo stuff is true or not you got to respect the girl. She doesn't take shit and/or doesn't give a fu*k. She's openly admitteded to have plastic surgery done when other idols try harder then the CIA to cover that shit up. She openly has a boyfriend when other idols are told specifically they are banned from getting one under threat of death (
I may be exaggerating there
). Yeah DSP acts cool with her dating someone now since they had to lest they face the wrath of the netizens, but I'm sure when goo first told them they gave her a lot of shit. And now we have all this talk with her contract and how she might try and do her own thing or try a get a better, less slave labor type deal. Good for you gurl!! Go get yours!

Edit: I would have a inspirational/happy pic of goo here but alas, I'm on my phone 8(.

I didn't know about the Japan thing but I thought Gyuri was supposed to be Kara's ulzzang.
They're big time. Individually, and as a collective. It's been brought up a few times, like here.

Teen Top, BEG’s Miryo, LED Apple, NS Yoon Ji, Dynamic Duo, and Evan Confirmed for Next SBS MTV “Music Island”
22 February 2012
Our sources at SBS MTV just gave a list of artists that will appear on the third and fourth episodes of their new live music show, “Music Island.” The new guest list includes, Teen Top, Brown Eyed Girls’ Miryo, LED Apple, NS Yoon Ji, Dynamic Duo, and Evan. Two more artists will be added to the final guest list. They will join the main MC, Sunny of the Girls’ Generation, in Jeju Island.

120220 E!TV K-STAR news - MTV Music Island 써니 첫 단독 MC (Sunny)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmRbQ-Idm78

120220 SNSD Sunny - MC Solo for MTV Music Island Cut @ SBS K-Star News
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8DlVVmYgag

If you are learning Korean, I just discovered memrise.com which is amaaaazing for improving your vocab. Make sure you have 한글 down before you start, and it would be best if you know how to type it as well. You won't have to be fast at typing it yet, as it will also help train you in that. I'm going to go ahead and use the site to help learn some Mandarin as well.

Thanks for the link, I saw this website a couple of months but I forgot what it was called.

izoWo4QGGF5mv.png

ibqTW3jy0xeVB4.jpg

ibwJcVNFN1Ypel.jpg
ib1b5wMBxw8tsH.jpg

ioZFUFZuxBSXb.jpg

ioQVo5AQ8AcLX.png

Riverfield

Neo Member
·feist·;35358153 said:
...and Evan.

Has anyone else been listening to the new Evan mini album? (Can you really call it a mini album? It has 4 tracks, one a lead-in instrumental to a track and another is another version of another track. Fewer songs than most singles.) I think it was released a bit over a week ago. Don't recall anyone saying anything about the album and never bothered posting the MV because OH GOD THE EDITING SO BAD. Makes me want to tear my fucking eyes out.

I do like the song itself, though I prefer the other version on the mini album. Chorus has been stuck in my head past few days.

Gif to prettify post.
fJEIE.gif

Nice. I've been putting off learning languages for some time now. Especially since iknow lost its freeness, which thinking about it was actually a really, really long time ago. I have the time now and am pretty solid in hangul just from dealing with all these korean music files and youtube vids. Will definitely use this.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
So dnrog is just when people who have blogs and make gifs hate gaf? Could I get a list of these?

dnrog =
do not repost on gaf aka nsfg aka not safe for gaf
soshigaf.tumblr.com is dnrog for the most part.

edit: is fiddle on gaf or something? he reblogs you guys alot. if not, should probably get him on here lol

Salazar

So dnrog is just when people who have blogs and make gifs hate gaf? Could I get a list of these?

lol, annoying possessive tumblr fools who steal pics from everywhere and then blow up when someone steals from them is one of the great purposes of this thread.

Elr15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom