• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luso

Happy 5th anniversary, Girls' Generation!

You are the best of the best!

TIMELINE by Soshified.

ib0uAoXtdV8IHF.jpg

ivHDsJUpBaisE.jpg

ibeGojwCfHHxqv.jpg

ibe9YQYuczoUIY.jpg

iMgOvduXaBMd0.jpg

iJX2TxFAdBFx9.jpg

i25TFwLviLY1g.jpg

i38RgiYbbxNx6.jpg

ibbZ1qZhll3OFR.jpg

iify6vwXQQXnX.png

iB5d3o6GiMMNX.jpg

ibstvGQ4GXvKLC.jpg

ibkjzEQK1ZyxuO.jpg

ibgcDiDiisuf5p.jpg

Taeyeon
ibmj18P7j1AMDM.png

i5uqtcx2WR3IY.jpg

Jessica
iv1eeU1OJliXR.jpg

iDsHKEqqhrjIl.png

Sunny
iAhrOMktM4xyR.jpg

igaaE3j2v3QWz.jpg

Tiffany
ibumQ5BQWRbxpV.jpg

iJqcBO4hWVtyi.jpg

Hyoyeon
ifju9aZVUGzqh.jpg

ie1836GfhinrM.jpg

Yuri
iUj30NqUc6w58.jpg

ir8f9UDhjaL0W.jpg

Sooyoung
iblLjWjLSDhfAx.jpg

iCUwOmL70oc9T.jpg

Yoona
iKeGdBVNNH6ls.jpg

imPH1mIkZQGNm.jpg

Seohyun
i2W7y9R2gOv5.jpg

i3nPgFNQO4NCJ.jpg

Fafnir

SNSD 5th anniversary! Jigeum eun So Nyuh Shi Dae! Apurodo So Nyuh Shi Dae! Yongwonhi So Nyuh Shi Dae!

5 years ago 9 ang...blah blah blah let's get to the vids and pics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZWCRtpd8oY

Soshi past to present

Classic Gee Soshi

Oh! Soshi
vUzhD.gif

Genie Soshi
8J6Dw.gif

RDR Soshi
77miV.gif

Echo Soshi
GLg05.gif

Hoot Soshi
rc2cr.gif

The Boys Soshi
pdxuG.jpg

Concert Soshi

Fan club Soshi
Sooyoung doesn't seem to have a stalker photo fanclub so there might be an opportunity for a Sooyoungster paparazzi to capitalize.

#5thAnnivGirlsGeneration

Niks

Great post luso and Faf.

In light of all the T-ara fiasco, you gotta hand it to SNSD and SM... Im sure SNSD are not always cookies and rainbows all the time, but they have got their act together somehow.

Fafnir

In light of all the T-ara fiasco, you gotta hand it to SNSD and SM... Im sure SNSD are not always cookies and rainbows all the time, but they have got their act together somehow.

Yeah Soshi knows how to use TV to air their dirty laundry. TaeNy fight and Sica vs Hyo parts 1&2. Sica started it off right on the first episode of GGTS with the Hyo fight. If that happened on a T-ara show, KKS would pay to cover it up to keep the facade going, which probably did happen.

Soshi are sisters and T-ara were co-workers with new hires always joining.

Selane

Most groups get along pretty well. Everyone has their arguments, but it's not like you're normally going to see people showing serious animosity towards one another. But that's KKS's fault; I don't know what he expects to happen when he keeps adding new members and threatens that anyone can be kicked out at any time.

tatsuki

Yeah Soshi knows how to use TV to air their dirty laundry. TaeNy fight and Sica vs Hyo parts 1&2. Sica started it off right on the first episode of GGTS with the Hyo fight. If that happened on a T-ara show, KKS would pay to cover it up to keep the facade going, which probably did happen.

Soshi are sisters and T-ara were co-workers with new hires always joining.

izxUjYz8qFoxa.gif
i33kXVTjSUdh9.gif

ieANd6KyywfWs.gif
ibkjKX0EHCOBUl.gif

luso

Yeah Soshi knows how to use TV to air their dirty laundry. TaeNy fight and Sica vs Hyo parts 1&2. Sica started it off right on the first episode of GGTS with the Hyo fight.

Not to mention the famous classic Intimate Note show.

Good grief, Firefox froze twice trying to load this page lol.

Great job on the posts guys.

Can we crown this page as the POTF(page of the forever)?

Alta1r

Awwwww yeeeaaahhhh, Soshi! Nice posts, luso and Faf.

Good grief, Firefox froze twice trying to load this page lol.

Great job on the posts guys.

Can we crown this page as the POTF(page of the forever)?

I don't know... As much as I love Soshi, OC's OP is the real POTF.

I don't know... As much as I love Soshi, OC's OP is the real POTF.

Dang, that's true. How about putting it in a category for the next GAF K-Pop awards at the end of the year? Lol.

Btw, has anybody seen this: Ailee singing Beyonce's Love on Top from Sketchbook a month ago? This is such a dangerous song to sing, but I'm surprised she pulled it off. I love me some Ailee but this performance was good, but it's not the usual perfection she always does... some notes fall flat, and she seems to be struggling at the end when those key changes start piling up. Regardless, she's still very talented I still love her. :3

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Whatever happened with T-ara, I don't care. All the girls could come out and say they did bully her and they don't feel bad about it and I wouldn't care. They could all have a public meeting with Hwayoung where they all say it was lies and they love each other and I wouldn't care. T-ara was already too overexposed for my level of interest in them and their mediocre songs, and no matter what, Hwayoung did get a bogus deal here and KKS is an asshole.

Kara is coming back and that's what matters most to me. A Pink and Crayon Pop are still wonderful, Miss A will come back some time this autumn and kick ass yet again, hopefully Brave Girls will get a new song and be all sexy on TV again, Secret has the talent to not suck if they get a good title song, and Sistar will probably have one more this year since they said they're just focusing on performing. That's plenty for me.

Peru

Mediocre songs? T-ara's unbelievable streak in great songs -- uniquely T-ara in sound -- is what has kept the ship afloat in spite of CCM's best efforts.

Tenck

T-ara was already too overexposed for my level of interest in them and their mediocre songs,

If there's one wrong opinion in this whole page, it's got to be this one. Their songs are anything but mediocre. They have terrible songs (as does your precious Kara), but not one single group has managed to avoid terrible songs.

Dice

Mediocre songs? T-ara's unbelievable streak in great songs -- uniquely T-ara in sound -- is what has kept the ship afloat in spite of CCM's best efforts.
Yeah, and I don't understand why people like T-ara post-Breaking Heart. The songs are catchy for like 5 listens then it's over. People calling Roly Poly timeless and listening to it like 2000 times... how? They are cheap, there really isn't much to them at all. Maybe like 4 layers, a verse that a barely goes anywhere, one bar that repeats for the chorus, then the rap break. No shifts, no dynamics, no building on earlier points in the song, fairly boring bassline, no making up for it with anything groovy or soulful... just... cheap.

When the girls are promoting a song, I skip like 80% of the performances so it doesn't get too tired. I just check to see if it's one of the occasional performances where they aren't zombies from being overworked and if it is I'll watch the whole thing. And as for that overworked state, I support them breaking out of that more than I do them being T-ara. I honestly don't think they have the perspective to truly understand how horrible it is for them. When they're out and they can breathe, and they can sleep, and they can be restored and develop good relationships again, I think the reality will settle in.

If there's one wrong opinion in this whole page, it's got to be this one. Their songs are anything but mediocre. They have terrible songs (as does your precious Kara), but not one single group has managed to avoid terrible songs.
Sorry but your opinion on T-ara is about as worthless as my opinion on Kara. We're both total stans and it's pointless for us to start arguing. I hope you realize it the same.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
after everything that's happened, I still prefer T-ara over almost every group out there. almost. their songs are too good to let go.

Peru

I don't think their performances are great, for the most part. Roly Poly was an ecstatic exception, freewheeling, fun. I skip most of their performances. The songs are a different. "Layers" isn't really relevant and has never been what's made songs good, and dynamics not really appropriate for a Kara stan to bring up (SweeTune productions are monotone walls of sound - in a good way of course). I love how T-ara perform their songs, their no-nonsense, no-affectation coolness. That's always been present.

Tenck

Sorry but your opinion on T-ara is about as worthless as my opinion on Kara. We're both total stans and it's pointless for us to start arguing. I hope you realize it the same.

And every time you just so happen to feel like commenting on how mediocre T ara is, I'll just have to go ahead and defend them. So as useless as it is, it'll be inevitable. I hope you realize that too.

Dice

"Layers" isn't really relevant and has never been what's made songs good, and dynamics not really appropriate for a Kara stan to bring up (SweeTune productions are monotone walls of sound - in a good way of course).
Going to have to disagree. While it's true that layers aren't needed to make a song good, if you only have a few, they better be doing something good with their part. Since the parts on T-ara songs generally hardly go anywhere, more would certainly help. Likewise, if the layers are arranged well, they can be a huge part of what makes a great song great.

Dynamics also doesn't always mean a range of mood or intensity, but a great deal of them lies in how the instruments play off each other. If you were to be playing in a band, how connected would you feel with the other musicians, working together with them and feeding off what they are doing, offering support at times, jumping in and out of spotlight as it is appropriate to the flow of the song, etc.

Take for instance, Rock U. It's seems fairly simple if you're not paying attention, but listen properly and notice what all is there. To do it live you would need drums, two electric guitars, acoustic guitar, two sets of trumpets, keyboard (switching modes on the fly), bass, and backup singers beyond the girls' parts. But it's not just those layers, it's what they are all doing and how they work with each other. It's fantastically woven together, and there are a lot of dynamics in that interaction as well as the flow of the song.

Beyond that, just looking at each instrument, a few of them are doing very interesting things, particularly the bass. The vocal melody is also quite nice, mixing light loveliness with playful energy, covering a nice range of scale with a decent amount of harmonies. Go from that to something like Roly Poly and... well even understanding that Roly Poly is a club song made for different purposes, it's flat and cheap to my ears. It's an itch faaaar better scratched by YG offerings.

(._.)

Banned
I would say t-ara has a lot of good tracks but a lot of forgettable songs also. Not necessarily bad but just not anything great. I can think of at least 6 other girl groups with about as many songs as t-ara that I would rather listen to.

Peru

When I say dynamics I don't mean "lots of sounds" or "lots of instruments" - I know SweeTune throw everything and the kitchen sink on their songs. And it works, but it's basically not very subtly done.

Peru

I think part of my love for T-ara's music stems from my love of 50s, 60s girl groups - often the less famous ones. Songs performed blankly, to great effect.

Dice

you haven't streamed anything in like 2 months

heyooooooooooooo

Ashhong

Hammie selca

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m869i4Ks6j1qjh90fo1_500.jpg

One more week till KARA and others arrive in LA :)

Best I have ever seen her look. I can accept this Hammie

Not to mention the famous classic Intimate Note show.

Love that episode so much. I still have it saved on my computer and watch it from time to time.

I gotta agree with Dice for the most part. T-ara has nice songs to listen to, but they do feel very cheap to me.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
i honestly dont remember the last time i played a perfume video. kyary? yes. santa san? of course. but perfume... feels like its been more than 1 month. maybe 2. ive been streaming music core/inkigayo every week. music too, every now and then. i hate you all. face is cool tho.

giri

i honestly dont remember the last time i played a perfume video. kyary? yes. santa san? of course. but perfume... feels like its been more than 1 month. maybe 2. ive been streaming music core/inkigayo every week. music too, every now and then. i hate you all. face is cool tho.

I'm just busting your balls. I'm glad you're streaming regularly again. You weren't when I left.

Exactly what about that video is new. Or refreshing. Or what ever dumb adjective was used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom