• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Maybe I should do a summary post of my opinion on every single SNSD song and concept ever. That way we'll have in writing exactly what I like and don't like. No more ambiguity, no more assumptions from others about how strong my dislike is or how far it extends, no reactionary overstatements by myself, just a single, well-formatted reference post.

Chesskid1

Banned
tumblr_ma7vqaakGR1r7xf6to1_500.jpg

tumblr_ma7vj9Mm3J1r7xf6to1_500.jpg

Ashhong

Epik High is making a comeback? OH YEAAAAAH

FUCK YEA MAN. Been listening to Pieces Part 1 again, its just so damn good. Tablo is a beast.

I'm sorry you don't like it when peoples' opinion differ from yours. You sure you aren't religious? Cause it sounds like you believe the world revolves around you.

OOOOH SNAP

Maybe I should do a summary post of my opinion on every single SNSD song and concept ever. That way we'll have in writing exactly what I like and don't like. No more ambiguity, no more assumptions from others about how strong my dislike is or how far it extends, no reactionary overstatements by myself, just a single, well-formatted reference post.

Please don't

Edgeward

I hope Nine Muses comeback is true. Been loving each previous one, even if Ticket went a little to hard into trying to be catchy. More things like News and Figaro please. Also, Sam is looking pretty fantastic recently.

Alta1r

The least you could do is respect SNSD. You do realize that without them (and Wonder Girls), we more than likely wouldn't have seen such a ridiculous influx of girl groups, right? Even KARA, senior to GG by a few months failed to impress. Pre-Gee SNSD was still popular, despite what people say, (although WG was more successful than them at the same time) and those two literally opened up the doors for other girl groups. Without them, the market would be saturated with tons of male singers/groups.

Lol. Ym1r, you'll have an easier time convincing ryan that Suzy isn't a complete babe or getting fiddle to reveal his/her sex and/or major. Speaking of which, where's Conc at?

Dice is arguing this for acutely emotional and hormonal reasons, but he happens to be right.

LOL. That was awesome. I disagree, but still hilarious.

tumblr_ma7tdrvQUe1rcon59o1_500.png

I'm sure belonging to SM and being hyped out the ass as the female Suju before the members were even picked had nothing to do with this. Nope, it was all just because of how wonderful they really were.

Kewfi.gif

It's not my fault the whole world can't see how mediocre SNSD has always been.

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

ramyeon

Kind of enjoying the album tracks on Orange Caramel's release. It fits the image they're going for, that's for sure. Much more pumped for Secret tomorrow and G Dragon on the 15th though.

RubyFaith

Soshi are perpetually in their prime, or one could even say they are prime, so any GG hate can be easily overlooked. Past, present or future, they could revert back to making shit concepts like Oh! and still be worshipped.

As a matter of fact...

Biscuits

What. Need to find herrrrrrrrr
http://www.soompi.com/2012/09/12/girls-generations-tiffany-poses-for-magazine-in-la/

lol
Netizens who saw her pictures showed their admiration with “It’s amazing that her body is so perfect even without any photoshop,” “She came out pretty even if it was taken without much thought,” “Tiffany shines so much,” “The color balance is really great.”

Nope, I'm already doing it. I have written down opinions on each member and all the songs/concepts from the first album. Moving on to second album now.
This is gonna be epic.

giri

]I disagree. There is a lot of taste involved, but as I said, subjectivity is limited by perspective. I think many people would notice their tastes changing if their perspective were expanded by listening to more types of music, studying the nature of music, trying it out themselves, etc. Then that change which happens in their tastes can easily be called development.[/B]

It's interesting, because while Peru is one of the people I seem to most often have disagreements with, I also end up respecting his views more because he does demonstrate well developed reasons for liking and not liking what he does, even though he frequently says people should just enjoy music in simple heart and not overcomplicate the process.

What I don't understand and find it hard to respect is the stanning of SNSD. They have done some good things, and they are rather professional in performing, and I try to account for taste, but the blatant hyperbole surrounding everything they do (with the prevailing attitude that it's simply plain as day that they stand well above all other groups) is often a bit much. So I openly disagree, and then people tell me I'm insane or an irrational antifan who couldn't possibly be thinking clearly. Really? Do you really think SNSD is that good that no one could rationally feel as I do when reading such things?

Can you share any examples? I really don't understand this claim at all. In terms of my opinion of SNSD, I provide clear explanations as to why my dismissal can become quite pointed. In terms of Kara, I do enjoy them very much in a general sense rather than for specific things, but I think I pretty fairly evaluate their strengths and weaknesses when the discussion comes to that.

And thats where you're misguided. There's no one way to enjoy music, people, everyone else, doesn't have to enjoy music the way you do. You don't have to enjoy a pop group for their music alone. Those are the reasons YOU enjoy music, the way YOU enjoy music.

Music isn't as simplistic as that, it's entirely in the eye of the beholder.

Why do people stan soshi over groups that might have better vocals or what not? they're the best variety group ever put out there. 9 girls who all manage to stand out and have their own personality, but also come together incredibly well. Their songs are incredibly catchy and great pop songs (well, their hits are anyway). And they're all good looking girls. They've managed to avoid most major controversies and SM has done brilliant things with their promotions and image management.

They're a great POP group.

They're not the best singers as a whole.

But as a pop group? I'm not sure there's an equal. Not for the Korean scene anyway.

I still looked forward to pandora more than i did paparazzi.

magenta

So I was bored and decided to buy that T-ara app.

$8.65 AUD ($9 USD) on the Google Play Store is a bit steep for me, so I was hoping for something good. Not quite what I got sadly.

Despite downloading 7mb for the app, the '3D' photos come in separate files and require an additional download. I suspect that this is done to waste time before the 15 minute refund period ends. It worked on me that's for sure. May as well watch the gif's that are around on the internet. Most of the photo's in the photo section do not display on my phone, I have a HTC One X. Maybe they want me to use a Samsung. Video section is just links to YouTube pages, so lazy. There is a news section (in Korean) and a calender schedule for their upcoming activities. It also crashed on me once within 30 minutes.

Hyomin has nice legs though.

Alta1r

OC FUCKING DELIVERED

Amen. That song is catchy as hell. And hot damn, Nana looks good. @____@

I just copied his post and made it about Orange Caramel instead... I'm just doing my part to make sure that post is never truly forgotten.

i39XIVyjzhF8v.gif

Quick gif for Nana :3

I'll make some more later

@___________@. More please.

More importantly, Raina is best OC.

LIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY

tumblr_m8hi5a58ru1rdooa0o1_250.gif

Raina over Nana? Now I know you're lying through your teeth.

OC's Lipstick is amazing, hilarious, fun, cute, etc. There is just no stopping them. I really like the dance for the &#50612;&#47672; &#50612;&#47672;~ part. Also Raina looks the best <3.

oh and if anyone's interested, BTOB released their new song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXcUXWL1mJA

90 esque with a throwback sound. One of the better rookie groups out.

Good song, glad they changed up their style for this promotion because they sounded too much like BEAST in Insane.

Peru

Lots of shit went down while I was away huh. I can't even comment on specifics since there are so many arguments to deal with. Dice is my man, tho, I'll prob side with him on most occasions when he's fighting with other people than me.

His SNSD review might rub me the wrong way... I've stanned SNSD since the start, and it's not because they always have the best music, in fact the only year where they had the best song was 2009, and maybe the best album last year but not single, and they're regularly overshadowed by other groups, and SM's deadpan seriousness sometimes leave them hanging in goofy no man's land when it comes to concepts, and sometimes they're lazy and don't use the big size of their group to their advantage in performances and the result is bland. But I like them because how naturally they fit on top. Not because they sell the most or are the most popular, but because they're so confident, comfortable. It makes for a great pop group to follow when they feel and look like they should be the top dogs, makes them loose and entertaining, lets their personalities through more easily, lets them interact with others without nervousness. There's something about this je ne sais pas that's hard to pinpoint exactly that attracts me to them so going through song by song and MV by MV isn't really a useful outset. I do lose interest for periods when news about 'Oh' remakes and the like come out.

I definitely get equally pissed when sones try to slag 2NE1, though, and would not actually identify with sones.

Alta1r

Can you share any examples? I really don't understand this claim at all. In terms of my opinion of SNSD, I provide clear explanations as to why my dismissal can become quite pointed. In terms of Kara, I do enjoy them very much in a general sense rather than for specific things, but I think I pretty fairly evaluate their strengths and weaknesses when the discussion comes to that.

Lol. Dice, you sound like a loony anti because you interpreted a discussion of Soshi and Kara's popularity following debut as a personal attack on Kara/your musical taste/something and turned it into a discussion of which group is or is not quality and which one should be valued or not valued. Your exchange with Ym1r essentially reads:

Ym1r: you should at least respect Soshi for the doors they helped open for other girl groups
Dice: Kara > Soshi
Ym1r: cool, I'm just saying Soshi was more popular than Kara following debut
Dice: Soshi's popularity was bought by SM and Kara is the best
Ym1r: cool, I'm just saying Soshi was more popular than Kara following debut
Dice: OMG, how dare you try to tell me which group is better

We get it, you don't like Soshi and you like Kara. You don't have to be a Sone or give up your Kara card to respect that Soshi's and WG's popularity (deserved or not) helped open doors for kpop girl groups.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay, done with RDR album but I need to finish my math homework before I think about moving on with silly things like this.

And thats where you're misguided. There's no one way to enjoy music, people, everyone else, doesn't have to enjoy music the way you do. You don't have to enjoy a pop group for their music alone. Those are the reasons YOU enjoy music, the way YOU enjoy music.
Did I say there has to be only one way, or that there is an ultimate, objectively best way? No, I said that things can be evaluated by greater measures of understanding. That is why I pointed out that I respect Peru's tastes which are often different from mine. I think if your subjective evaluation takes more into account and is more fair and clear about the whats and the whys of putting one over the other, then that subjective evaluation is objectively better than one which does not. That's how it is with everything in the entire world. Otherwise, there would be no such thing as value. And with that said...

Music isn't as simplistic as that, it's entirely in the eye of the beholder.
"A hug vs a kick in the nuts? You think hugs are better? Yeah, well... that's just, like... your opinion, man...."

Claiming that subjectivity puts everything on the same level with nothing but purely arbitrary preference separating them is that stupid to me. Nobody has made any sort of case to argue how it could be otherwise, they are just asserting that with pop groups that is the case. I can only assume that this is because they don't care enough to actually substantiate their claims, even though they often want to pass judgement on me according to those claims. If I ever seem a bit too strongly indignant because of this, I think you should be able to guess why. Beyond the annoyance to me, they contradict such a mindset every day by presenting their stances on anything in life.

Why do people stan soshi over groups that might have better vocals or what not? they're the best variety group ever put out there. 9 girls who all manage to stand out and have their own personality, but also come together incredibly well. Their songs are incredibly catchy and great pop songs (well, their hits are anyway). And they're all good looking girls. They've managed to avoid most major controversies and SM has done brilliant things with their promotions and image management.

They're a great POP group.
You see? It's not so hard after all. This is something I could begin to respect. If people were open about admiration for these sorts of things bleeding over to create unfair favoritism when it comes to their musical endeavors, I'd gladly accept that. That's like the sort of things I say when it comes to Kara.

Huge bows.
Pledis seems to have a thing for huge bows.

vanty

Did Raina get her nose fixed? Always looked very "nose job gone wrong" before (though nothing like as bad the creature who was on RM with Go Ara and Hyomin) but now it looks totally normal and natural. A big improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom