• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Clueless Ash!

While not as ecstatic as the Dancing Queen choreo, my main thought while watching their performance was "their stylist really does a great job" - they do the silly outfits that some other groups go for, but they actually work, they look cool as well as silly, not just cheap.

I have long had a problem with their outfits. It just doesn't do it for me. I just don't understand their concept. First it was their ridiculous hats with the chin straps, now this weird mix of tracksuit and school uniforms. It's like they took their old clothes and just combined them.

I like the old choreo way more. It had a cuteness to it that suits it much better. The tone of the new dance is just off.

Like come on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo82koP4sDk

That's way better

This. I was a huge fan of Bing Bing in the past. This new style is not good. And every group not named T-ara looks like they are having fun, or at least should. Doesn't exactly make me enjoy it any more.

See? We can agree on things! Although Tenck is correct as well...

i0blmq4S6kAcN.gif

beatsan

Neo Member
I think Crayon Pop was going for some kind of "badass" gimmick for that dance. Like...some Japanese Gangster (Bancho). I can dig it...but I do prefer the old choreo better.

Edit: Also came across this pretty good Sori - Dual Life remix

Ashhong

I think Crayon Pop was going for some kind of "badass" gimmick for that dance. Like...some Japanese Gangster (Bancho). I can dig it...but I do prefer the old choreo better.

Edit: Also came across this pretty good Sori - Dual Life remix

This is kind of the impression I got as well. Which only made it worse since they can't pull that off at all, especially with Bing Bing lol

What episode is this?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sunye got married today.

JYP said:
SunYe is getting married and she is absolutely not leaving the group. For the time being, the members will be conducting individual activities.

Sunye said:
I'm not quitting being a singer. Even though I can't give you a definite answer for now, my voice lives only through music. I will never be too far so keep an eye out.

But will Sunmi come back? There have been whispers in the wind.

Alta1r

ibtj3Of0ioFB9o.gif

I like the old choreo way more. It had a cuteness to it that suits it much better. The tone of the new dance is just off.

Like come on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo82koP4sDk

That's way better

Lol. Comparing any Bing Bing performance with that practice video is just unfair. It's the best version for a variety of reasons not including the choreo.

Changed my avatar because some days ago was 2BiC JUN HYUNG Birthday! No word can't really describe how awesome JUN HYUNG is, he's talented, nice, handsome, cute, adorable and funny!

2BiC - Did you forget everything - live Music Bank 20130118

But is he better than Cuddler...?

tumblr_mh7zz74xJn1qitdj1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mh7zz74xJn1qitdj1o2_500.jpg

On an unrelated note, Ni No Kuni is frickin amazing.

Dice

The best version of IGAB you'll ever hear was just on Music Core. Their mics were higher than I've ever heard so it filled in the mids that the retarded production stripped out. I was also watching with a significant bass boost so that probably helped to fill it out, but the mics really made a difference. It usually annoys the fuck out of my ears but that performance was a lot better. Tae & Yoona were super qt as well.

just saw this thread, and i'm not an obsessed fan of K-pop but hey, since there's no other thread for korean music, might as well drop some K-indie! represent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6iFA579Low
Some of us do enjoy discussing indie.

That was... ehhhh...

Not much going on with the band, and vocally not very engaging. Downright strange when she revealed her actual singing voice and proceeded to switch between it and whatever fake persona voice she was using. I'd listen to Dear Cloud a thousand times before putting these guys on.

The best version of IGAB you'll ever hear was just on Music Core. Their mics were higher than I've ever heard so it filled in the mids that the retarded production stripped out. I was also watching with a significant bass boost so that probably helped to fill it out, but the mics really made a difference. It usually annoys the fuck out of my ears but that performance was a lot better. Tae & Yoona were super qt as well.

Some of us do enjoy discussing indie.

That was... ehhhh...

Not much going on with the band, and vocally not very engaging. Downright strange when she revealed her actual singing voice and proceeded to switch between it and whatever fake persona voice she was using. I'd listen to Dear Cloud a thousand times before putting these guys on.

never have i said they were the best. way to critique someone's voice, vocal coach.

Dice

never have i said they were the best.
Just sharing my thoughts for discussion sake. We like to do that.

way to critique someone's voice, vocal coach.
1) I could be. I have 15 years of experience with vocal performance of various sorts and there are 3 other performers in my family. Music is the biggest thing in my life.
2) Why would someone have to be in order to know enough to critique?
3) Why would critique be rude (the perceived insinuation here)? It's essential.

Edit: Kahi yo legs look so skinny...

Ashhong

never have i said they were the best. way to critique someone's voice, vocal coach.

You'll get used to it

LOL at fucking Allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/2013/01/miss-as-suzy-wants-to-break-away-from-her-innocent-image

Psychologists analyzed drawings by miss A‘s Suzy, and apparently, her artwork says that she would like to break away from the innocent image people have of her.

An expert starred on Y-STAR‘s ‘GoongGeumTa‘ (‘Curious‘) to analyze a couple of drawings Suzy revealed on air. In one drawing, she shaded in the hair, eyes, and neck, and the expert commented, “There is pressure, anxiety, and nervousness she feels due to her environment.” Another psychologist added, “I can also see that she feels burdened by her clean, neat image, and she wants to break free from her innocent image.”

On the caricature she drew of former ‘Strong Heart‘ hosts Shin Dong Yup and Lee Dong Wook, the expert said, “It looks like she yearns for the ‘bad boy’ style,” also adding that a guy like actor Choi Min Soo would be her ideal type.

This episode will air at 3PM KST on the 27th.

Pendulum

Happy 'Straya Day to my Aussie brethren back home. London actually turned the sun on today, so at least it feels semi-Australian.

20120424_seoulbeats_australia_sydney_missa_suzy_kara_jiyoung_maknae.jpg

I do prefer the beats and rhymes of groups such as Epik High and Dynamic Duo, but Lessang's Tears is great. Top YouTube comment - "Song Ji Hyo's CEO made 40 account to dislike this video."

Cuddler

But is he better than Cuddler...?
Yes, for me he is better than ShinDong, even if I'm not really sure what do you mean by better. He's a great singer and has a beautiful voice, not to mention how handsome/cute and nice he is. I love him a lot and my feelings towards him and 2BiC are much more deeper than the ones that I had for ShinDong.

On an unrelated note, Ni No Kuni is frickin amazing.
Can't wait to play this! But I will have to wait for a price drop, right now I'm waiting for Tales of Graces F to arrive.

Narolf

Banned
Yes, for me he is better than ShinDong, even if I'm not really sure what do you mean by better. He's a great singer and has a beautiful voice, not to mention how handsome/cute and nice he is. I love him a lot and my feelings towards him and 2BiC are much more deeper than the ones that I had for ShinDong.

Can't wait to play this! But I will have to wait for a price drop, right now I'm waiting for Tales of Graces F to arrive.

Asked if peeps were gamers a while ago. Was expecting them to batten themselves with J-RPGs as I do. Turned out the majority was PCists.

Peru

1.Hurricane Venus
2.Dangerous
3.Energetic
4.Eat you up
5.The Shadow

6.Do You Love Me?
7.My Name
8.Look Who's Talking
9.Did Ya

10.Implode
11.waiting...
12.Meri Chri
13.Garden In The Air

14.Disturbance
15.Only One

16.LISTEN TO MY HEART
17.ID;PEACE B
18.VALENTI

19.LOSE YOUR MIND
20.BUMP BUMP!

21.Not Over U
22.I Did It For Love
23.Girls On Top

Encore

24.No.1
25.Hope

Peru

Well, I was pretty close. My eyes got misty. When she did Implode I was just overwhelmed because it's one of her most beautiful gentle ballads but only an album track from Hurricane Venus and never performed live.. the fact that she gets herself as an artist that much.. ;;

This isn't my photo, but.. finally the yellow sea of lights in a Korean venue
Oh my god she sings so well, that's the wildest thing, 2+ hours, dancing, running, and the vocals are max powerful, steady, delicate. The ballad section was gorgeous, Look Who's Talking seriously one of the coolest live numbers ever with a new routine and the live band really rocked the English electronic tracks - the entire concert was with a live band backing.

She's so cool ;; So much charisma

milkham

Well, I was pretty close. My eyes got misty. When she did Implode I was just overwhelmed because it's one of her most beautiful gentle ballads but only an album track from Hurricane Venus and never performed live.. the fact that she gets herself as an artist that much.. ;;

This isn't my photo, but.. finally the yellow sea of lights in a Korean venue

Oh my god she sings so well, that's the wildest thing, 2+ hours, dancing, running, and the vocals are max powerful, steady, delicate. The ballad section was gorgeous, Look Who's Talking seriously one of the coolest live numbers ever with a new routine and the live band really rocked the English electronic tracks - the entire concert was with a live band backing.

She's so cool ;; So much charisma

that's awesome peru, wish i could have been there

Honey Bunny

Crayon Pop's random dancing to Soulja Boy had me laughing for days.

Such swag idols.

Yes, you get it. Crayon Pop are the first post-ironic idols.

Possible choreo for their new album revealed?

ibx7vj8d1ROZ1x.gif

Psychologists analyzed drawings by miss A‘s Suzy, and apparently, her artwork says that she would like to break away from the innocent image people have of her.

RIP Suzan

Peru I'm so jealous. Never been to a kpop concert..

I agree. On my neutral cans(MDR-V6) it sounds fantastic. You can actually hear the harmonies in this song and there's also some other things that I've never heard before. If only there was some way to take some of the fanchants out.

8416002795_c3e062e6ac_z.jpg

Lol, sorry I had to.

But man, I'm totally jelly. SM Town or BoA solo concert in Texas please!!!

dokish

Banned
That must have been so awesome. I hope it gets a DVD/blu-ray release.

Your opinion on Disturbance, the new track?
people will hate the teenager in the mv.

Song is good.

also lol, why the Song name is disturbance? in Korean is 그런나.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom