• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

ryan-ts

ryan-ts Top 5 Running Man Episodes of 2013

RM151-00194.jpg

Episode 151 - Guests: Han Hyo Joo, Jung Woo Sung, Junho (2PM)

The Running Man team must turn off all the surveillance cameras in the building in order to defeat their opposition.

ibrD1hQWwkkNcR.jpg

Episode 165 - Guests: None

The Running Man team must find the girl who sent her photobook to the Running Man producers. By far, the cutest and most heart warming episode of the year.

ibzQ6V3RXHpjNi.jpg

Episode 130 - Guests: None

The Running Man crew gets reincarnated and must travel through time to find their lost gold.

iKSERAD02gwOv.png

Episode 169 - Guests: Joo Sang Wook,Yang Dong Geun

The Running Man crew and company must escape their helmets in order to do battle for the final mission.

ibrLp2wdTP8gDk.jpg

Episode 140 - Guests: None

The Running Man team must save the world from the Anger Virus. Yoo-ames Bond returns but this time he has a different mission.

Next year I'm going to keep a running list as I watch episodes because my rankings would likely be different and longer if I didn't just go off memory.

It was an interesting year for Running Man as they reached record highs at the beginning of the year only to fall near their first year ratings by the summer. Current ratings are not too impressive but RM's overall quality has risen the past few months with good episodes almost every week. This was a big change from the below average episodes that plagued Running Man for most of the year.

There's a strong possibility that Running Man will reach Episode 200 and I look forward to seeing if the producers can match Episode 100. As a big fan of Lizzy, I'm hoping, no... praying, that she will finally make another appearance on the show in 2014.

Seum Dwa~

tumblr_mk8cooGxRd1s6qklro1_500.gif

Pendulum

Don't want to be that annoying guy, but was someone still doing a 2013 end of year poll?

Edit: I'd have to go back through the library to make a RM list, but the King of ldols (162) would definitely be in top 5. Off the top of my head, Couple Race (159) and Asian Dream Cup (153/154) had hilarious moments and would have a chance.

Pendulum

Yoona and Lee Seung Gi are dating.

Another celebrity couple has emerged with the start of the new year as 'Dispatch' has released their exclusive report just now, announcing that they've captured Lee Seung Gi and Girls' Generation's YoonA enjoying several dates!

The photos they've released are from October 8th, 2013 when Lee Seung Gi returned from his Japanese concert. According to the media outlet, after returning from Japan, the singer was spotted heading to an apartment in Samsungdong, which is where he picked up YoonA. The two then headed off to the Han River area where they enjoyed an hour long date. Seung Gi then dropped the female idol off at her home and she was reportedly seen carrying a shopping bag, which contained a gift that Seung Gi had bought for her in Japan.

The two are said to have started seeing one another back in September and have been growing in love for 4 months now, dating in the utmost secret.

In addition to this date, 'Dispatch' reports that they've spotted the two together on October 13th, 22nd, as well as several dates in November.

Lee Seung Gi had mentioned YoonA being his ideal type since a long while back, and was especially teased for it when he hosted 'Strong Heart', adding credibility to the report of the two dating.

With the report breaking, both agencies didn't hesitate in confirming the two's relationship status right away.

SM Entertainment commented to Osen, "The two are in the beginning stages of getting to know each other."

Lee Seung Gi's reps also stated, "Lee Seung Gi and YoonA are carefully meeting one another... We don't know exactly when the two started seeing each other, but we can say that they're in the beginning stages... Please watch over the two kindly."

Alta1r...
Alta1r....?

Edit: Beaten.

Fafnir

Please be real Seunggi Yoona couple! They will make beautiful babies. I always thought that whoever publicly dates a Soshi is going to be one of the most hated in Korea, but I gotta see how this turns out since Korea loves Seunggi.

durvH.gif
XGagF.gif

Answer Me 1994. I skipped episode 20 and went straight to the end. Nice happy ending like 1997 which I preferred more. Only thing I don't like about the endings is that it's too unbelievable that the girls have 2-3 kids and don't look like ahjummas. Sung Dong ll is the best, on the drama and comedy, loved his crazy breakdowns.

Happy new year!
mYIC4XC.gif

Soshified said:

Tangpa said:

luso

At least no lame excuses! Still, if they are in the early stages, with this exposure the relationship will be hard to maintain... But it seems they have some support of their agency.

AReed

Seems like the K-netz are taking Yoona's dating Seungi quite well. 2014 may be the year of Soshi dating scandals/announcements. I'm looking forward to it.

Please date someone good, Kim Taeyeon! Please no Leeteuk!!

ev0

ibrD1hQWwkkNcR.jpg

Episode 165 - Guests: None

The Running Man team must find the girl who sent her photobook to the Running Man producers. By far, the cutest and most heart warming episode of the year.

It was an interesting year for Running Man as they reached record highs at the beginning of the year only to fall near their first year ratings by the summer. Current ratings are not too impressive but RM's overall quality has risen the past few months with good episodes almost every week. This was a big change from the below average episodes that plagued Running Man for most of the year.

There's a strong possibility that Running Man will reach Episode 200 and I look forward to seeing if the producers can match Episode 100. As a big fan of Lizzy, I'm hoping, no... praying, that she will finally make another appearance on the show in 2014.

Seum Dwa~

tumblr_mk8cooGxRd1s6qklro1_500.gif

I personally loved episode 165. Very sweet.

I agree and think the last few months of RM have been pretty good, a few months ago I was talking to my friend about how the episodes weren't as much fun and some episodes seem like they received no budget for them. But it's better now.

Usually I judge me enjoyment of a RM episode by if it watch it in one sitting or not. I used to do that all the time, then I stopped and would watch it in pieces, now I pretty much watch them straight through again.

milkham

Seems like the K-netz are taking Yoona's dating Seungi quite well. 2014 may be the year of Soshi dating scandals/announcements. I'm looking forward to it.

Please date someone good, Kim Taeyeon! Please no Leeteuk!!

please no superjuniors

K1LLER7

JYP New group called: GOT7

This group will be JYPE's first hip hop group and they'll be a performance team specializing in 'martial arts tricking', which is a form of martial arts with acrobatics.

Although acrobatics and the word 'performance team' may bring 2PM to mind, the agency mentions that GOT7 will be showcasing different types of performances with kicks and turns derived from martial arts with a fusion of b-boying style.

As for the members, the agency will unveil them gradually starting this Friday (Jan 3 KST) and the music video and the boys' showcase 'Garage Showcase' will take place on January 15. Their first stage will be through 'M! Countdown' on January 16, and they'll finally drop their mini album on January 20!
Guessing they'll be similar to 2PM back when they started including Jay Park.

Niks

wow, I expected a soshi dating would generate more of a megaton... and Yoona no less.
2014 off to an interesting start already. Let the controversies begin!

Also,
ibinf4bj8qAFcw.gif

dokish

Banned
Maybe because they've been around for so long, but I feel that there's nothing left that SNSD can offer US, especially because they might be the most conservative ones (even after IGAB).

I always get much more excited for anyone's comeback but Soshi. I didn't followed shit after Paparazzi though, that was bad. Any new japanese songs worth listening? (Or Korean lol)

Lol I honestly don't remember 169 and it came out fairly recent... the rest I do haha. I'll put my list up sometime tomorrow.... 2 1/2 more hours til 2014 hits over here and the Dos Equis seems never ending.

Yoona and Lee Seung Gi are dating.

0e3.png

Maybe Altair's disappearance has something to do with this... is it possible that he's Seung Gi all this time??

Pendulum

Lol I honestly don't remember 169 and it came out fairly recent...

You must remember
Kwangsoo getting slapped in the face by Kookie when the butterfly landed on him. :)

----

Best Hyuna and Sungah mucking around on Moonstagram

Glue - Simply Kpop 131231

Erin, Sera, Hyuna, Kyungri, Hyemi on KBS Sukira Kiss The Radio 131227. Pics below. Parts here - 1 2 3 4

Erin said:

----

Netizens got a heart for Christmas.
1. [+869, -28] Good to confirm it right away like this. Have a great relationship.

2. [+738, -24] Should've known since he always talked about Yoona as his ideal girl on TV. They match well ^^

3. [+558, -28] They match so well, such a beautiful couple. Daebak!

4. [+32, -10] Very refreshing of Lee Seung Gi's company to go ahead and confirm it like this! I bet SM's under a mental breakdown ㅋㅋ

Please be real Seunggi Yoona couple! They will make beautiful babies. I always thought that whoever publicly dates a Soshi is going to be one of the most hated in Korea, but I gotta see how this turns out since Korea loves Seunggi.

you mean korea is seung gi land. try going to korea once. seung gi is everywhere in that country. on tv, on billboards, on the side of the bus, even on a freaking water bottle his face is there. he is as big as snsd in korea and he is more popular than yoona over there.

for a second i thought yoona would get hated on.

^looks like SM actually spend a good amount of money on TVXQ's music video. Extensive CG + lots of foreign musicians and models. The song is refreshingly different from the usual k-pop sound too.

Maybe this year the money they get from Exo will be put to good use.

No No Eul

Happy New Year everybody!

tumblr_mypfaqNKWN1ssux9vo4_250.gif
tumblr_mypfaqNKWN1ssux9vo2_250.gif

Taeng playing hard to get but it all worked out in the end.

Tiffany sexy as hell on her special stage with Key. Love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwJxhrBU6dw

Drunk Fany redeemed.

Rainbow returning to a sexy concept.....

isjLX7b7twW5f.jpg

So, Yoona is officially "getting to know" (aka dating) Lee Seung Gi.

iboeB3VEYJuoz2.gif

Alta1r...
Alta1r....?

Don't worry mate, he's got everything under control.

izoyakiVYeM8f.jpg

In all seriousness though, best of luck to the two of them. I hope they'll be very happy together.
*sob*

Soompi said:
Stress and Burden for Girl Groups Preparing Aerobic Routines for New Years’ “Idol Star Olympics”

MBC’s upcoming “Idol Star Olympic” will record on January 13. Girl group fans can expect to see something new as the upcoming filming will included a new category: Aerobics. Girl Groups A Pink, Girl’s Day, Nine Muses, Dal Shabet, Rainbow, Hello Venus, and Tint will all perform aerobic routines to their own hit songs.

However, these girl group agencies have become burdened with issues from being able to learn aerobic routines during the groups’ busy schedules, to backlash from the public because of the tight outfits.

One agency representative stated, “Even though the girls practice two weeks in advance, we don’t have confidence that the girls will show the high skills. It is difficult with the end of the year schedules conflicting with the aerobic preparations. They might be criticized for not doing their best. We worry that if the girls practice over the top, they might get an injury. Also, the girls have to do big body movements while wearing the aerobic outfits that stick tightly on the body. While performing, we are burdened and concerned that the girls might be involved in a controversy regarding sexual exposure.”

I'm not sure if this is the best thing or the worst thing.

Eldren

TVXQ's new track is really really good. Love the MV as well, great dance break. Someone make a White People In K-Pop tumblr and add this.

Awesome fancam of Seohyun killing the dance intro at the MBC gayo.

Jokwon said:

No wonder Hyo didn't post any selcas online after the show like the other members.

Best Hyuna and Sungah mucking around on Moonstagram

Glue - Simply Kpop 131231

Erin, Sera, Hyuna, Kyungri, Hyemi on KBS Sukira Kiss The Radio 131227. Pics below. Parts here - 1 2 3 4

Sungah and Hyuna make a cute couple. I hope the radio show gets subbed soon, it sounds like they're having fun. Nice to see Erin as well! I feel like I don't really get to see her do stuff like this, whether that's because I'm not looking hard enough or if she just doesn't do it.

Loci

I'm not sure if this is the best thing or the worst thing.

The show is utter trash. Last year there's also been an article expressing the comanpies' dislike sending their idols to the show, because of inhumane condition during the recording (20hours+, no food, freezing/sitting in the sun, injuries) for a mere 3 minutes air time. Yet they can't refuse the offer because MBC might exclude the groups not attending from other variety shows.

Also, learning an aerobics routine in 2 weeks? lmao, maybe it's possible for Victoria and other idols who actively did something similar during their trainee period.

dokish

Banned
you mean korea is seung gi land. try going to korea once. seung gi is everywhere in that country. on tv, on billboards, on the side of the bus, even on a freaking water bottle his face is there. he is as big as snsd in korea and he is more popular than yoona over there.

for a second i thought yoona would get hated on.

lol laughed hard.

This is so true. He have been in all kinds of advertisement you can think of. Noodles, cooking oil, rice cooker, kitchenware, soy bean sauce, fucking everything.

EDIT: If they broke up, the reason is better not ever be revealed. Seung Gi is like a saint, if he screws up he might mess his career.

llehuty

Sungah mucking around on Moonstagram

DEADelevator.gif

TVXQ! 동방신기_Something_Music Video is out.

5 days early from the date I see on their Facebook.

Hmm, the song is nice, but that fugly tatoos ruin the MV for me. They are going for this classy sophisticated look but they have those cheap huge tattoos on their necks. I'm here for the jazz breakdown and strings choreography though.

Let's not forget the teaser we got for Tell me Tell me.

tumblr_mhf3wgA5Lx1r27owuo1_r1_1280.png

Broank

Happy New Year!

bc1qxr_ccaayx5a.jpglac6xzs.jpg

Taengstagram
n1ACNuF.jpg
QcYmVw0.jpg

"Eu-eung????? Is this a gift you're giving to noona??"

^looks like SM actually spend a good amount of money on TVXQ's music video. Extensive CG + lots of foreign musicians and models. The song is refreshingly different from the usual k-pop sound too.

Maybe this year the money they get from Exo will be put to good use.

It sounds very YYJ to me. I'm guessing it's gotta be one of his songs. lol I can guarantee TVXQ brought in about 10 times as much as EXO did this year though (dat Japanese money)

EXO probably isn't bringing in that much just yet. Especially considering the unprecedented investment SM made in the elaborate debut and what not. Once they start touring then yea the money will be flowing (Plus I think the only endorsements they have had in 2 years are the one with Taeyeon and the one with Yoona/Sulli?)

Hmm, the song is nice, but that fugly tatoos ruin the MV for me. They are going for this classy sophisticated look but they have those cheap huge tattoos on their necks. I'm here for the jazz breakdown and strings choreography though.

I agree, those fake tatoos look really bad on this MV and styling. I like the song but i don´t think it has the strenght enough to be a main single.

LOL
tumblr_myq64uALqP1rihaluo1_500.png

672052ebjw1ec3z62jdzag209q08ze83.gif

i24HON8JoRWCf.gif

Chesskid1

Banned
APcIR6X.jpg

looks like im going to start watching "You Who Came From The Stars", havent watched anything since reply 1997.

hyomin is getting all emo watching it

http://t-arazone.tumblr.com/post/71849062513/140101-hyomins-instagram-updates

and people keep comparing the drama's storyline to t-ara

http://t-arazone.tumblr.com/post/71863660618/140101-kim-yong-hos-tweets-related-to-t-ara

and people are saying it's really great anyways.

i'm in incase anyone from irc or whatever wants to watch with me, or maybe someone is already watching it.

milkham

looks like im going to start watching "You Who Came From The Stars", havent watched anything since reply 1997.

and people are saying it's really great anyways.

i'm in incase anyone from irc or whatever wants to watch with me, or maybe someone is already watching it.

friend recommended it to me as well, did you start yet?

Netizens who had posted a photoshopped photo of Davichi’s Kang Min Kyung recieve their sentences:

This past December 12, the perpetrators were sentenced to 6 months in prison, with two years of probation and 80 hours of community service. According to the prosecution, they had fabricated a photo to look like Kang Min Kyung was entertaining some men at an adult entertainment establishment, and uploaded comments that suggested the woman in the photo was the Davichi member.

http://www.soompi.com/2014/01/01/ne...-kyung-give-up-on-appeal-sentences-now-final/

Top Bottom