• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

luso

This just shows the natural course of K-pop groups is number of members changing, that's the vast majority of the cases (at least the groups surviving time enough).

CfSILJCVAAEsxSJ.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
.This just shows the natural course of K-pop groups is number of members changing, that's the vast majority of the cases (at least the groups surviving time enough).
Usually good idea to not get rid of your best to make that change.

Replacing Bom would be easier especially when she sucks at singing now. Lee Hi could have stepped in. Minzy was the freshness and sexyness.

Also GOT7 won again for Fly on SBS The Show.

No No Eul

You know what, that was totally OK. Granted, I had incredibly low expectations thanks to the teaser, but all the members seemed to be having a good time and it's hard not to get swept up in their enthusiasm.

In any case, the MV's deficiencies pale into insignificance when compared with fucking Amateur Hour over here:

Seriously what the hell is this garbage? The group might disintegrate after a single month of promotions?

If the agencies involved have any sense at all, they'll let their trainees stay for the full ten months and reap all the benefits that will no doubt come their way, but I realise that's an Everest-sized if.

New Nieah is like new Satbyeol or new Hoody. I'm on board even before I've pressed play.

Right there with you.

Absolutely glorious. The colours, those Nike boots, Sana and Momo's hair. So good.

Solid. Not as good as their last single but then what is. Nice to see that crowdfunding money spent on an outdoor location or two.

llehuty

100th hidden gem
Lol, it took me a while to get this.

How can anyone hate A Pink?
If you hate one of their songs, you automaticaly hate all of them, so, I don't think is that complicated to hate them

lion heart 0.9? I dont understandd
They share the same vibe/sound.

There's infamous OMG, the Mr. Taxi Korean version but my favorite is Himnae (way to go)
Himnae is the right answer in that context, so good.
EDIT: AND YESSS, CABI SONG!

Ym1r

J-pop sucks.

I typed that while wearing this sweet Dokdo sweater from my University's Dokdo club.

#dokdo #nottakeshima

feist_

Banned
J-Trinity sub-unit featuring Dahyun.

When will the rest of Twice.

Someone forgot to tell me Song Hye Kyo is in Descendants of the Sun (I've avoided all press). Right up there with no one telling me Gong Seung Yeon is featured alongside Shin Se Kyung on another show. No idea if that one is any good, though.

You guys could check out the new album of a girl group that's stuck with the same lineup for 15 years.
Normally when Peru ethers a page he simply posts 1-2 photos of Boa or God Ji Won, laying everything else to waste.

The best is when he posts a single photo or gif of a group that outshines the vast majority of K-pop acts. Perfume have been known to co-sign some K-pop groups/songs, btw.

To be fair he linked to Dancing Queen and mentioned Gee, both from 2008/2009 and solidly in the old Seobot era.

Look for some live performances from the last few years Kirby, she's improved on that front. This was my personal turning point that turned me into the Seohyun fan.
https://vimeo.com/34078819
Heh, just reminding him that Golden Age Seo began her run roughly around the time of that clip you posted. Tiffany was still at the top of her game back then *shaddup vanty and llehuty* and it remains one of SNSD's best stages.

Perfume was ahead of the game by having their member change out of the way right near the beginning
#trendsetters #memberchangesbeforeitwascool

I've still never seen a poll, article or interview on the topic but it wouldn't surprise me if most of their fans at home aren't aware of that 'til this day.

nocchi 4 lyfe
Perfume is love.
Seulrene is real.

I am now a general member of my University's Dokdo club.
What's a Dokdo?

Oh, I should link this PV about Takeshima I watched the other day. It was written and directed by world-renowned good guy Prime Minister Abe himself.

Random Q: When is Best Hayoung comeback?

Ym1r

What's a Dokdo?

Oh, I should link this PV about Takeshima I watched the other day. It was written and directed by world-renowned good guy Prime Minister Abe himself.

Random Q: When is Best Hayoung comeback?

PLZ. #dokdo #nottakeshima #doyourresearch #dokdoiskoreanterritory.

plz dont make fun of my hairless arms, I'm asian, we normally aren't hairy people. Its super soft though, I'll allow everybody here to stroke my arms if you'd like to. girls in high school used to rub their bodies all over my forearms.

Also, I too, want to know when is best hayoung comeback.

Broank

my-oh-my-taeyeon-girlrksjg.gif

Lets also not forget the Party 0.9 hidden gem.

The one thing I don't like about Yooa is that she is almost too good of a performer. Binnie, Mimi and Seunghee look adorable though.

Any other VR videos besides this and Stellar's stuff now that I pulled my crappy VR headset out of the closet?

No No Eul

It is Solbin, yes. She does seem to have a particular talent for looking incredibly attractive one minute and then immensely derpy the next.

Kuno

Babymetal is a genuine sustained success on a level no k-pop artist has managed. Wembley arena. 60 000 crowd at festivals. Album hitting top 10 in the UK, US etc.

I'm a big fan of Babymetal, but to say no Kpop artist has matched their level is incorrect. Big Bang played at Wembley arena back in 2012 (EDIT: Super Junior also payed Wembley, in 2013). SNSD and 2NE1 have also had successful worldwide tours. And then there's Psy.

Kpop has had more of a sustained western success than Jpop has, in my opinion. This is coming from a Jpop fan.

Peru

I'm a big fan of Babymetal, but to say no Kpop artist has matched their level is incorrect. Big Bang played at Wembley arena back in 2012. SNSD and 2NE1 have also had successful worldwide tours. And then there's Psy.

Kpop has had more of a sustained western success than Jpop has, in my opinion. This is coming from a Jpop fan.

Yeah k-pop is bigger than j-pop internationally, they have been much better at playing the global game than j-pop. This is about specific artists.

Psy obviously had the biggest single hit, and everyone knew that song. But he ended up a one hit wonder in the west.

No one's been close to what Babymetal's album is doing, and you don't hit top 10 on official album charts without connecting with the mainstream.

K-pop can draw big crowds, for sure. But Babymetal specifically has moved beyond that. The past few years they've had like 20 covers on western magazines. They've stepped outside the online asian pop fandom. For years they've done main stages at huge rock festivals. They do more solo shows as well. They get mainstream coverage in the west in a totally different way than Big Bang and SNSD.

Peru

Yeah you can call me taengoosuperfan101 from now on

is babymetal jpop tho

It is. I'm particularly happy with the new album's success because it introduces j-pop melodies to so many.

In many ways they're a pretty typical modern j-pop idol group conceptually in teaming up with scene musicians to stand out stylistically.

Top Bottom