• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

ikuze

SNSD and 2NE1 have also had successful worldwide tours.

"Worldwide"... Still waiting for my SNSD concert in Europe. That SMTown thing in France back then doesn't count. Babymetal was here last year and will be back in just 2 months (got tickets, yay) and last month I saw tricot here in my city. I wish some K-Pop groups would finally notice that Europe belongs to the world, too. But they don't even try anymore.

Pendulum

[ENG SUB] 160405 Elegant Private Life E06
[ENG SUB] 160405 Elegant Private Life E06
b02xfdI.gif

Does anyone recommend any boy groups similar to iKon and Block B? I like the hip-hop focus plus they have good rappers (Zico, Bobby, etc.). Im not too familiar with boy groups aside from Exo and Big Bang.

Pendulum

I remember cringing at the We Are Bulletproof video before I got into K-pop but now I will give them another chance.

They (and their sound) have matured after the minis "2 Cool 4 Skool" and "O!RUL8,2?" (with "Skool Luv Affair" being a transition).

Monsta X is also a hip hop-influenced boy group.

But if you like hip hop, I hope you're listening to the likes of Dynamic Duo, Epik High, and Leessang as well.

I haven't listened to K-Pop since Electric Shock released, anything good I miss?

I liked:
Miss A
T-ara
GG
Wonder Girls
Epik High
2NE1
Big Bang
f(x)
Girl's Day

Are all of these groups still around, or no?

EDIT: I meant 2012 not 2010.

llehuty

I haven't listened to K-Pop since The Boys released, anything good I miss?
LMAO, I already find it hard to summarize 3 months of k-pop, I don't even know where I would begin with for 5 years.

All the groups you mentioned are alive, although some of them with less members.

LMAO, I already find it hard to summarize 3 months of k-pop, I don't even know where I would begin with for 5 years.

All the groups you mentioned are alive, although some of them with less members.

Lol, my bad, I meant 2012. Electric Shock I think was the last album I listened to, I remember it coming out close to my birthday.

Pendulum

Lol, my bad, I meant 2012. Electric Shock I think was the last album I listened to, I remember it coming out close to my birthday.

Well, that cuts it down by 9 months. :/

Besides the OP as llehuty said, if I was in your shoes I'd start by checking out the releases from the groups you said you liked. Some have put out AOTY stuff (f(x) "Pink Tape", Wonder Girls "Reboot") and there have been more good releases (e.g. T-ara's popularity peak in "Roly Poly", "Cry Cry" and "Lovey Dovey", Girl's Day popularity boost in the form of "Expectation") than those you can skip past (e.g. everything SNSD has done since "I Got A Boy" (fight me!)). When you're done, then we can start talking about Twice and Red Velvet and Oh My Girl and BTS and 2015 Shinee and...

luso

I haven't listened to K-Pop since Electric Shock released, anything good I miss?

I liked:
Miss A
T-ara
GG
Wonder Girls
Epik High
2NE1
Big Bang
f(x)
Girl's Day

step 1: Search for OT1
step 2: Have a nice reading :)

check OP

I liked:
Miss A
T-ara
GG
Wonder Girls
Epik High
2NE1
Big Bang
f(x)
Girl's Day

f(x) became the best kpop group of all time. soulless f(x), red velvet, debuted to acclaim. feminist icons exid became the standard bearer for brass. new groups such as gfriend, lovelyz, twice, and oh my girl populated the pedo ghetto, if you're into that. got7 slowly but surely became the preeminent hallyu boyband. wonder girls released the best 80s fetish album since CRJ's EMOTION. 2NE1 collapsed. G.Na went into sex work.

I could go on but that should be enough for now.

Pendulum

Why did I only see Tablo's April Fools now
YGParodyTheLifeOfYangTracks.jpg

1. Indefinite Postponement (prod. by Code Kunst)
2. The Cool Butcher (ft. Hyukoh)
3. Oppa’s Car is a Maybach (ft. INCREDIVLE, Jinu Sean, Tablo)
4. I Don’t Trust Anyone But Myself (ft. American rapper YG)
5. My Hometown is Moon Night Inn (ft. The Black Skirts)
6. 6 Years of Training, Then Home (ft. G-DRAGON)
7. Who Are You? (ft. MILLIC, OFFONOFF, PUNCHNELLO)
8. Who’s Next?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I listened to Bestie on the way to take my tests today. Also AOA's Short Hair mini a.k.a. when Brave Sound threw Brave Girls under the bus to get something to AOA fast.

I liked:
Miss A
T-ara
GG
Wonder Girls
Epik High
2NE1
Big Bang
f(x)
Girl's Day

these groups are all old and dusty. listen to Stellar, Twice, Seventeen, Got7, BTS

GOT7 is a strong recommendation for a new group to follow. I would say they are my new faves over Winner and iKON for sure. Seems crazy for a YG stan like myself...

vanty

Did Youngji delete her Twitter account? I can't find it. What seems to be her old username is just a fan account now.

Top Bottom