• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

isuzu

Taeillllllllllllllllllllll

Jaehyun still #1 tho

Taeillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

also, GIRL, CAN'T YOU READ??? LEAVE HIM IN THE TRASH WHERE HE BELONGS
qGuDMTZ.jpg

100.jpg

110.jpg

4Minute had the potential to lead the industry, but four members were forced to continually perform below their potential for many years. Some members were completely marginalized; other members were underused or misused; the member who fits the korean standard was turned into a caricature.

They could have earned money and fame. They were robbed and sabotaged. Their reputation was unfairly destroyed. They've been listed among the worst leaders, worst vocalists, ugliest idols, useless members, plastic surgery monsters; hordes of fans have predicted or asked for the disbandment of 4Minute everyday for seven years. There's an extreme bias against them. It's good that there are people all over the world who's never been exposed to Cube's propaganda.

The company used every weapon at their disposal (lack of screen-time, makeup, positions, lack of 4Minute promotions, subunits, solo projects, press releases, CFs) to convince the public that four members were useless; the culprits for the lack of success. Cube thought that making other people look bad makes someone else look good. They never missed a chance to show its true intentions and humiliate 4Minute … until it was obvious that no one would survive (late 2012, after Ice Cream's disappointing results)

CF delivers a powerful message (2010)
H2hmAA.gif

150.jpg

Contracts end in June 2016. Stay or leave, but make sure your employer treats you with respect and equity. The market value of 4Minute will increase as year progresses. Time is on the members' side.

zXe

I saw the Conan k-pop video and I'm just kind of intrigued. Do these girls just dance and sing? how popular are they? and I'm assuming there's many of these different dance acts around korea/japan?

Peru

I saw the Conan k-pop video and I'm just kind of intrigued. Do these girls just dance and sing? how popular are they? and I'm assuming there's many of these different dance acts around korea/japan?

Some just dance and sing.

Some are entertainers in other capacities - tv hosts, acting, radio mcs.

Some compose and write music.

Some do other stuff.

Yeah there are many pop groups.

Pendulum

dem teeth they prefect wtf....

There's indication of some enamel erosion on the visible mandibular lateral incisor and canine, and slight vertical overlap of the maxillary central incisors over the mandibular central incisors. Regardless, her orthodontist has done an admirable job adjusting the misalignment of the mandibular teeth and fitting the veneer on maxillary central incisor 9.

JKTrix

sharp teef
We're 6 (technically 7) OTs deep into just Korean pop just on this site. There are other community and news sites dedicated solely to K-pop. It's quite popular internationally and there's a lot to get into!

If you want to see more, a good place to start is the first post of this thread. Most notable recent artists are linked with YouTube playlists of their songs.

roaSone

I don't know if you guys follow that show but, does any of you have ideas of who is the current King of Mask Singer ? I'm thinking of
Kim Kyung Ho
but I'm not 100% sure.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I may not remember that, but she can be the official "other one" besides Yooa I wish I'd remember, like that one girl in GFRIEND not Yuju.

Speaking of GFriend, is there a GFriend primer somewhere?

I saw them on the latest Infinite Challenge episode and they seemed pretty cool.

OK Ive seen the exact same 4Minute rant on multiple forums now. I think dude is a bot.

Interestingly enough, he posted legit stuff before on the gaming side before becoming a Hyuna and the 4Minute's stan.

We're 6 (technically 7) OTs deep into just Korean pop just on this site. There are other community and news sites dedicated solely to K-pop. It's quite popular internationally and there's a lot to get into!

Isn't it 8 if you count the shame thread with legends like Salazar, Altair, Phonomezer, Eraldocoil, and whoever else(forgive me if I've forgotten your name lol) that we lost through time? Or am I counting all of it wrong? I was a mere lurker at that time, and I don't think I became an active member until OT4 lol.

Anyway, tbh, K-Pop GAF and Asian Junkie are the only sites I defer to when it comes for opinionated K-Pop stuff. r/Kpop is really good for news, but the commentariat is basically full of stans and no one calls bullshit there in fear of offending others.

feist_

Banned
"Like the First Time" never gets enough love for being in T-ara's top tier. While we're at it, Soyeon being the best on T-ARA - Don't leave, 티아라 - 떠나지마, Music Core 20120707.

Very solid debut for SM's 2014/2015 boy rookies. I'd be surprised if they wrote the raps, but at least they don't sound completely awful delivering those bars.

If the Korean version of NCT U stays together for a bit this could be good. However, I have no interest if they go forward with the supposed various NCT groups or w/e based in different countries around the world.

Is that Taeyeon or Jisook?
Not even trolling
I may not remember that, but she can be the official "other one" besides Yooa I wish I'd remember, like that one girl in GFRIEND not Yuju.
Dice and llehuty competing to be the new Ashhong.

Speaking of GFriend, is there a GFriend primer somewhere?
Start here, then listen to its remixes.

Isn't it 8 if you count the shame thread with legends like Salazar, Altair, Phonomezer, Eraldocoil, and whoever else(forgive me if I've forgotten your name lol) that we lost through time? Or am I counting all of it wrong? I was a mere lurker at that time, and I don't think I became an active member until OT4 lol.

Anyway, tbh, K-Pop GAF and Asian Junkie are the only sites I defer to when it comes for opinionated K-Pop stuff. r/Kpop is really good for news, but the commentariat is basically full of stans and no one calls bullshit there in fear of offending others.
Depends on how you count and what's considered... err.. canon...

Not everyone considers the "Korean music discussion thread to be part of K-PopGAF," but you'll remember it ran concurrently alongside this thread with many of the posters here having contributed to it.

Also, I omitted the "shame" thread because I was barely in it and never posted. In fact I don't recall it being what I now see as a thread started by weekend_warrior which later had a title change... That can't be right, can it? If so, I see how some of the stigma of that thread carried forward into this one. Very surprised I don't remember things unfolding like that, even if i was rarely present around then.

For ease of search and moving forward, it would be good to include this listing in the current OP and any future OTs:

KPop-GAF

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

the more I see Seohyun the more I like her, she just seems so... nice
Bitch I'm Fabulous

"Like the First Time" never gets enough love for being in T-ara's top tier. While we're at it, Soyeon being the best on T-ARA - Don't leave, 티아라 - 떠나지마, Music Core 20120707. here having contributed to it.

Old T-ARA RIP. Absolute First Album got a lot of playtime over the years. That and 왜 이러니. Also holy crap Absolute came out in 2009? Man time flies...

Ah well, OMG is the new hotness and Mamamoo despite their super lame name.

LMAO.

Here I was expecting Glass Bead but I feel like I just got rickrolled haha.

Depends on how you count and what's considered... err.. canon...

Not everyone considers the "Korean music discussion thread to be part of K-PopGAF," but you'll remember it ran concurrently alongside this thread with many of the posters here having contributed to it.

Also, I omitted the "shame" thread because I was barely in it and never posted. In fact I don't recall it being what I now see as a thread started by weekend_warrior which later had a title change... That can't be right, can it? If so, I see how some of the stigma of that thread carried forward into this one. Very surprised I don't remember things unfolding like that, even if i was rarely present around then.

Yeah, weekend_warrior's thread title is completely different. I do believe it's right though coz on the latter stages of that thread it was about Victoria Justice and Ariana Grande.

The crazy thing here is that I seriously remember there being a K-Pop shame thread.... I even remember the thread being started by Salazar. So either I'm mixing weekend_warrior's thread with OT1, or I'm in alternate dimension where my memories of NeoGAF are completely fabricated.

Also looking at some of the older threads... it's crazy to see how far we've gone. One of the few things I remember about the older threads was when some of the gifs that were being posted were deemed to risque for GAF. I also miss the massive megaposts that were being dropped on the eve of a comeback or during a birthday.

Anyway, while I'm reminiscing(for no reason tbh lol), let's not forget K-Pop GAF's theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4-SxcCO5d0

MBK is such a fucking mess. Seunghee, Chaeyeon and Cathy have apparently left Dia. https://twitter.com/DIA_intl/status/719725348187836416

"Like the First Time" never gets enough love for being in T-ara's top tier. While we're at it, Soyeon being the best on T-ARA - Don't leave, 티아라 - 떠나지마, Music Core 20120707.

Technically correct
(best correct)
, as Like The First Time never gets enough love considering it's one of the best kpop groups evers best song. But I'm pretty sure it's very popular here.

2016-01-25-21_50_11.gif

Heh, is this still true?

Gaming side aside, we're pretty high up there.

Dia's Seunghee has also gone through a few groups already by now, lol. I was half expecting MBK to have Dia (with Cathy) promote at the same time as IOI just for media play, instead the group just died.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I found out the GFriend I like is Sowon. Yuju is blatantly next level but that doesn't necessarily earn the subjective win. For OMG I'm still unsure because I never remember any of them except Yooa. I don't know what I think of her, tho. She seems very pro like Jaekyung but that isn't necessarily the magic charm.

Sana said:

llehuty

Korean producers Brave Brothers have debuted a girl group in Japan - CHERRSEE「Mystery」
Cross quoting from the Japanese music thread. The only thing not k-pop about this is the language, so not even trying to spin it to justify posting it here.

The song is good. I'm still impressed by the 180º Brave Bros has pulled in the last year or so.

For OMG I'm still unsure because I never remember any of them except Yooa. I don't know what I think of her, tho. She seems very pro like Jaekyung but that isn't necessarily the magic charm.
EEBb45E.gif

I see someone is asking for a Seunghee megapost?
(I don't have the time right now)

Top Bottom