• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

No No Eul

I figured the Wonder Girls would at the very least stick together, whether it was at JYPE or not. This is just the worst possible outcome. Nobody wins. Unless the aforementioned Yeeun-Sunmi duo happens.

Baerene teaser images.

07_ZZ5H7K91.png

08_BB2A6GJ4.png

09_MX2B44AD.png

llehuty

Absolutely awful news.

As a coping mechanism, I'm going to start telling myself Yeeun and Sunmi will join Sohee to form a new supergroup.

In between bouts of self-delusion I'll remind people that Wonder Girls' 'Wonder World' and 'Reboot' are two of of the greatest albums ever released.

It's that time of year again, where I post "Dugo, Dugo."

Wonder Girls (Sunye, Yenny) - For a long time, 원더걸스(선예, 예은) - 두고 두고, Beautiful

R1920x0

In more positive news... have some Loona, and Occultcatcher aka DreamFighter.

Loona x High Cut x Innisfree —— | HIGH CUT | 이달의 소녀 - 1月, 희진

Loona x High Cut x Innisfree —— | HIGH CUT | 설 렘

[ENG] —— Pops in Seoul _ DREAMCATCHER(드림캐쳐) _ Ji-U(지유) _ Profile

[ENG] —— Pops in Seoul _ DREAMCATCHER(드림캐쳐) _ Yu-hyeon(유현) _ Profile

[ENG] —— Pops in Seoul _ DREAMCATCHER(드림캐쳐) _ Ga-hyeon(가현) _ Profile

[ENG] —— Pops in Seoul _ DREAMCATCHER(드림캐쳐) _ Da-mi(다미) _ Profile

[ENG] —— Pops in Seoul _ DREAMCATCHER(드림캐쳐) _ Su-a(수아) _ Profile

[ENG] —— Pops in Seoul _ DREAMCATCHER(드림캐쳐) _ Handong(한동) _ Profile

[ENG] —— Pops in Seoul _ DREAMCATCHER(드림캐쳐) _ Si-yeon(시연) _ Profile

Miss A is definitely next on the disbandment train
Almost certain Miss A won't be releasing an album this year.

damn, love your posts. full of content =)
Thanks. You always bring a very unique perspective to the thread.

·feist·;228789671 said:
All four members of Blackpink are top tier. The group has no dead weight.
Who would dispute this?!

I mean, it's fact anyway. Not even a question of opinions.
It's just further reminder that outside of some select instances, most groups truly don't need more than 5 members. I'm including more than K-pop alone in that. Massive groups like Arcade Fire, Wu-Tang, Broken Social Scene or I.O.I can be fun but too many acts go for large membership unnecessarily.

Yeah I've been listening to their 3 minis the last couple of days and while I don't have a proper favorite yet, I have to admit, their stuff is really good. Like sure some of it is kinda forgettable but as I'm listening to them I'm finding really interesting things about the songs... it's actually kinda amazing. It seems like all 3 have solid tracks from the front and back of the minis.

Maybe AOA needs to hire their songwriters? Lol.
WJSN Cosmic Girls have one of the best singing lines of any group. I just hope the recent turn towards heavily featuring the prettier and more popular members in place of the better singers isn't a permanent change.

As for your spoiler have you listened to some of the live and/or pared-back performances of AoA's songs? The thing to remember is that Choa and Yuna are the only absolutely integral vocals in the group. Hyejeong has some good contributions effectively acting as "third chair," but you don't have AoA without Yuna and Choa.

AOA - 짧은 치마(Miniskirt) 어쿠스틱버전 (Acoustic ver.)

정오의 희망곡 김신영입니다 - AOA - Under The Street Lamps, 에이오에이 - 가로등 불 아래서 20140206

AOA - 사뿐사뿐 (Like a Cat) 어쿠스틱 버전 (Acoustic ver.)

Tablo English album

Awesome.

Kind of wish they stuck with this for another year but I understand why it's ending.

Rumors are saying SM Station is only taking a break. Apparently Yoona announced a while back that she had a Station track coming. So maybe the 2016-2017 Station is ending and they'll be back with 2017-2018 in a couple of weeks?

And tbh, I don't see why they'd want to end it. AFAIK, it makes really good money and isn't super expensive to do.

·feist·;229173209 said:
WJSN Cosmic Girls have one of the best singing lines of any group. I just hope the recent turn towards heavily featuring the prettier and more popular members in place of the better singers isn't a permanent change.

As for your spoiler have you listened to some of the live and/or pared-back performances of AoA's songs? The thing to remember is that Choa and Yuna are the only absolutely integral vocals in the group. Hyejeong has some good contributions effectively acting as "third chair," but you don't have AoA without Yuna and Choa.

AOA - 짧은 치마(Miniskirt) 어쿠스틱버전 (Acoustic ver.)

정오의 희망곡 김신영입니다 - AOA - Under The Street Lamps, 에이오에이 - 가로등 불 아래서 20140206

AOA - 사뿐사뿐 (Like a Cat) 어쿠스틱 버전 (Acoustic ver.)

So I narrowed down WJSN's deep cuts to Take My Breath, BeBe, Robot, and Hug U... that's on top of their singles. But yeah you're absolutely right, their singing lines flow so well and everybody's lines is intended for that segment of the song. I'm seriously impressed at their producers... they know what the fnck they're doing and it shows really well.

It also helps that their music itself is a delight to the ear. Take My Breath for example... it sounds like a lost summer Sistar cut at first, but the way the song evolves to that rap/bridge segment is pure bliss. It's a good thing I heard this in 2017 coz this would've had a place in my top 10 last year lol.

As for AOA... I've already said my piece about them and won't say anything more due to the thread's reaction to my hot take so I'll take a listen and hope for the best lol.

Bowlie

Banned
Shim Hyung Tak, Jo Kwon - What About My Age Now?

Sleepy - Yanghwa BRDG (this impersonation is great)

Yoojung - Give To You

DinDin - Crooked

Everyone - Soul Mate

Kim Hyun Jung, Park Seul Gi, Oh Min Sun - Bruise

Yoo Se Yoon, Yoo Sung Eun - Hello

Lots of 90s songs today!

Bonus: original song created for the show, T4 - 흥망성쇠

What is up with the video and audio in this.

--

oh god, this is so lighthearted, I adore it

--

So I narrowed down WJSN's deep cuts to Take My Breath, BeBe, Robot, and Hug U... that's on top of their singles.

I never managed to get into WJSN... I'll try listening to these songs, see if something changes.

No No Eul

This was unexpected. It's playing right now on Beats 1.

Edit: Here's the MV.

That's really good, although I kinda wish Gallant had just sung the whole thing.

From The Airport - 'The Jump' Lyric Video
They have released better stuff before, but the epic breakdown/outro (that goes for 80 seconds) is kick ass.

That new track is great. It takes a while to get going but it won me over in the end. I totally agree with you about the outro.

llehuty

This elementary school teacher show needs subs ASAP:
[PREVIEW][ENG SUB] 170125 TWICE (트와이스) MOMO
[PREVIEW][ENG SUB] 170123 TWICE (트와이스) MOMO (모모)
From what I understand, little kids prepare foreign idols for a korean exam.

Clips of KBS uninspired answer to Golden Tambourine:
EXID - Champion (챔피언) + Conga (콩가) (originals by PSY (싸이) + Country Kkokko (컨츄리꼬꼬))
gugudan - Valenti + Monkey Magic (몽키매직) (originals by BoA (보아) + Epaka (이박사))
Red Velvet - Twinkle (트윙클) + I Will Survive (originals by TTS (소녀시대-태티서) + Gloria Gaynor)
Oh My Girl - Nobody (노바디) + Gee (지) (originals by Wonder Girls (원더걸스) + SNSD (소녀시대))
Apink - Come (와) + Eve's Warning (이브의 경고)(originals by Lee Junghyun (이정현) + Park Mikyung (박미경))
GFriend - Thumb Up (엄지 척) + Catallena (까탈레나) (originals by Hong Jinyoung (홍진영) + Orange Caramel (오렌지 캬라멜))
LABOUM - I Am The Best (내가 제일 잘나가) + FIRE (불타오르네) (originals by 2NE1 (투애니원) + BTS (방탄소년단))
It's an unfocused mess, but there are some highlights in there, like Oh My Girl going HAM or Laboum with the lame jokes.

It's a lunar new year pilot. It's called Even If You Don't Know, Try Again. MC'd by Hodong and has Momo, Kangnam, Amber and some dude called Ten.

And for any fans of Wendy, she's also in a pilot show called Raid The Convenience Store on tvN with Sugeun and Doojoon.

Clips of KBS uninspired answer to Golden Tambourine:
EXID - Champion (챔피언) + Conga (콩가) (originals by PSY (싸이) + Country Kkokko (컨츄리꼬꼬))
gugudan - Valenti + Monkey Magic (몽키매직) (originals by BoA (보아) + Epaka (이박사))
Red Velvet - Twinkle (트윙클) + I Will Survive (originals by TTS (소녀시대-태티서) + Gloria Gaynor)
Oh My Girl - Nobody (노바디) + Gee (지) (originals by Wonder Girls (원더걸스) + SNSD (소녀시대))
Apink - Come (와) + Eve's Warning (이브의 경고)(originals by Lee Junghyun (이정현) + Park Mikyung (박미경))
GFriend - Thumb Up (엄지 척) + Catallena (까탈레나) (originals by Hong Jinyoung (홍진영) + Orange Caramel (오렌지 캬라멜))
LABOUM - I Am The Best (내가 제일 잘나가) + FIRE (불타오르네) (originals by 2NE1 (투애니원) + BTS (방탄소년단))
It's an unfocused mess, but there are some highlights in there, like Oh My Girl going HAM or Laboum with the lame jokes.
damn... lot of info! nice =)
that's a good fancam

Zion.T be switching driving sides lol

Just started watching Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo and unsurprisingly, Lee Sung-kyung is bae.

Tbh I was weary about the concept at first coz LSK is gorgeous and I honestly had no clue how she could pull off a muscular fatty person but I guess makeup does wonders coz it's pretty damn convincing.

But more importantly, I'm really glad she's finally doing a role where she isn't the resident bitch of the show. While I loved her roles as those characters, I kinda felt that she was typecasted during Doctors and it kinda sucked watching her do the same exact thing as Cheese In The Trap.

Anyway, 1 episode down and 15 more to go... gonna resume tomorrow lol.

ramyeon

Wonder Girls disbanding sucks. 2017 not off to a great start. But Yeeun signing with Amoeba gives me hope. I would love some more Ha:tfelt.

Top Bottom