• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

PInk Tape

Banned
I'm highkey hoping that Rookie sounds like something from the Red era tbh

Rumors are saying SM Station is only taking a break. Apparently Yoona announced a while back that she had a Station track coming. So maybe the 2016-2017 Station is ending and they'll be back with 2017-2018 in a couple of weeks?

And tbh, I don't see why they'd want to end it. AFAIK, it makes really good money and isn't super expensive to do.

Well I hope it's only on break then cuz I think they haven't reached the full potential of the project.

Plus I did enjoy quite a few of those songs :p

I'll believe it when I hear it.

I'm legit shocked that this might be happening.

Kazzy

I saw the WG news the other day, was (wishfully) disregarding, hoping it wasn't true. Unfortunately, I was reading the Korea Times...

Shit news. Pretty much at their peak.

Reboot was such a great album, really lit a fire under me, in terms of my K-pop interest.

1 hour, 38 minutes Cosmic Girls
[ENG SUB] 170120 WJSN Private Life on HeyoTV (EP 1)

R1920x0
R1920x0
R1920x0

Currently watching the latest Knowing Brothers and my fncking god, Cao Lu is a treasure. I'm only 17 minutes in and I've had to pause it twice coz I was dying from laughter.

EDIT: 41 minutes in and my fncking sides y'all...

Fiestar's management needs to let her be a cast member on some comedy variety, she's seriously amazing.

Loci

MPD 4K Chase me DREAMCATCHER Fancam 170126

Gawd, I love the white version of those outfits. Great stage.

Damn. They are so on point with their choreo all the time. All of them.

In general these MPD fan cams are way better than the shitty broadcasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYKIyDnL6ew Rip Yuna
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yZaPJ3s4fs CLC

Also, another thing which has been bothering me for quite a while.
Are you guys buying CLC's transformation with their last comeback? To me it feels like they skipped too many steps going from their cute and fun style to this overly badass and wannabe sexy concept.
Maybe they are too young to properly pull it of. It just feels weird to me. They're trying so hard to be 4minute. Too hard for me.

Sana is life:

RedEther

Are you guys buying CLC's transformation with their last comeback? To me it feels like they skipped too many steps going from their cute and fun style to this overly badass and wannabe sexy concept.
Maybe they are too young to properly pull it of. It just feels weird to me. They're trying so hard to be 4minute. Too hard for me.

This is the best they've looked since debut, plus this mini album they've just put out is far superior than their last efforts.

Liar
& Meow Meow are jams

I'm definitely sold so I hope they can do another concept like this. Next time just tone down Yeeun channeling Hyuna and we're good.

Truthfully I don't think they'll get another chance with the way Korea is letting them flop

llehuty

I'm on the same boat. I don't think it works for most of the members. Also, the album (and single) is way inferior to 4minute's efforts, so, what's the point?

If they want to make them the new 4minute they should go in order with the 4minute progression (and skip the Brave Bros era).

Bowlie

Banned

Nope, feels too forced to me as well (Yujin couldn't even look mean as much as she tried in the MV). It's like I missed one or two comebacks with gradual changes.
The songs by themselves are fine, though I never listened to them again after that day.

---

On the other hand, can't stop listening to Suzy's Yes? No?, every song in it is great! I find myself replaying 취향 Les Preferences and 행복한 척 every night.

---

San E(산이) - I Am Me (Live Band Ver) [Official Video]

The Korean Bruno Mars.

Pendulum

Broank

Nervously awaiting new Red Velvet...

·feist·;229317683 said:

Nice! My favorite kind of stuff is stuff like this, radio shows and now v-lives.

Really OP

Yuju is the dynamo powering Gfriend in every way. Although that RUI girl beat her in the sprint this time. lol

I was confused because I saw fancams a few days ago where Cheng Xiao and Yooa nailed their routines but then the broadcast they dropped their props a couple times. I guess they must do the routine a couple times in front of the audience and other idols.

Yooa forehead finally making an appearance though.
OMG beating everyone by half a lap again in the relay. EXID really missing Solji for the archery and race (Hyerin costing them big time in both lol).

llehuty

Yuju is the dynamo powering Gfriend in every way. Although that RUI girl beat her in the sprint this time. lol
RUI is no joke. Her group is debuting again next week.
Why did no one tell me about this nugu??

RUI - Exciting (Showchampion EP.198)
This song is so bad it's good and is now my new jam. Apparently she's from Japan trying to make it in the Kpop world. This song ain't gonna do it for her, but I think she's kinda cute in a weird way.
This girl is now part of a 4 member group called H.U.B or 허브, they only have fancams for now, but hope they decide to release new stuff at some point.
So debut is here:

H.U.B - 우리가 함께한 시간

Song has a surprising throwback chill vibe. Definitely not what I expect from a nugu debut. Keeping an eye on them. And of course, the group name is ridiculous
(Hope U Bounce) lol
Their company managed to get them at ISAC, so I hope they get a decent promo push and some music show appeareances.

PInk Tape

Banned
This is the best they've looked since debut, plus this mini album they've just put out is far superior than their last efforts.

Liar
& Meow Meow are jams

I'm definitely sold so I hope they can do another concept like this. Next time just tone down Yeeun channeling Hyuna and we're good.

Truthfully I don't think they'll get another chance with the way Korea is letting them flop

This is my thoughts on them as well.

I'll admit that I wasn't really into CLC (I did like Pepe) before this album came out but now I am. I do hope Cube gives them another swing at this concept cuz I think with some improvement they could really kill it.

But yeah with them flopping like this, it's best to keep your hopes in check :/

Pendulum

Speaking of CLC
CLC’s fifth mini-album, “CRYSTYLE,” has entered the Top 10 on the U.S.-based Billboard World Albums Chart.
At the time of writing, the album is ranked No. 6 on the chart for the week of February 4. As of now there are several other K-pop representatives on the list, including Seohyun’s “Don’t Say No” (No. 3), BIGBANG’s “Made” (No. 4), BTS’s “Wings” (No. 5), BLACKPINK’s “Square Two” (No. 9), and NCT 127’s “Limitless” (No. 10).
The title track of CLC’s “Crystyle,” “Hobgoblin,” is an EDM-trap genre song written, choreographed, styled, and conceptualized with the help of Cube Entertainment labelmate HyunA.
When they made their comeback on January 17, CLC also took No. 1 on the iTunes K-Pop Singles Chart in five countries, including the United States, France, and Brazil.

My .02 cents on CLC...

I've never heard of them before this comeback so I guess you can say I have a fresh take on them but...

If they can reduce the emulation of Hyuna and the 4Minutes, and make CLC an original thing, then I think they have something going on. But if they stick to emulating that dead group, then yeah I don't think they'll have any huge success, especially knowing that their latest release flopped hard.

Pendulum

Zion. T's "OO" album is more chill than funk (which most of his more successful recent releases are), but that's exactly what I need today. Will give Red Velvet's album a listen later; "Rookie" is um

Zion.T's new album is amazing. I expected more from the single but it kinda failed my expectations. That said, the track with Beenzino is some good good... probably my favorite out of the 7 tracks.

As for Red Velvet... Looky Looky is a lot better than Russian Roulette but it's still a boring song. Honestly my problem with Rookie is that the vocals are over-processed to hell and back. I almost threw my headphones off when Seulgi and Wendy started screeching in the beginning... it's really that bad. And stupidly enough, their vocals are less processed at the end of the song but they didn't bother to fix it in the beginning, it's truly dumb dumb.

As for the entire mini, I've listened to it but I haven't been able to give it some proper thought yet.

From The Airport - 'The Boy Who Jumped' Album Sampler
Hype

Are those normal Doritos?
Edit: Just saw the Honey... it's the kind of weird flavour I would like to try.

Local GOAT (haha :p):
125g_brets_chevre_piment_despelette.png

Goat cheese and pepper.

yeah it's honey chili flavor. it's not too bad... they only sell it once in a while at my local store. Goat cheese and pepper sounds good, i don't ever see that around here. i want to try!

Zion.T song sounds laid back. was there a purpose for non wide screen video? i wasn't sure if it was suppose to be 90's type video with kpop group singing to caucasian girl.

llehuty

What SM is doing with Red Velvet is so disappointing. They have been in active for 2 years and a half and I'm still waiting for them to have their Gee/Genie/Nu ABO/Hot Summer. Their latest singles have been also so samey, which doesn't help a lot.

Oh well, they do seem to deliver at least one good album track each time (Body talk now joins Cool World and Some Love), but it's such a decline from SNSD and f(x) early years.

Hmmmmmm... it seems like SM is using a different version of Rookie on their MV.

The vocals aren't as over-processed as it is compared to the mini version.

It's now a looooooooot more listenable compared to the MV and my thoughts are changing so, I'll report back later? Lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
happy birthday #besttwice jihyo

no gif tho cuz i'm lazy but just try to imagine her adorable smile

Top Bottom