• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider Climax Fighters Announced for PS4

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just announced via a commercial that aired during the debut of Kamen Rider Build...basically out of nowhere, as the only Kamen Rider game announced to be shown at TGS was this mobile game known as "City Wars".

Here's the Trailer!
Website (nothing up yet)

Seems to be an Arena Fighter, though it looks to be re-using Battride War Genesis' assets.

Faiz, Ex-Aid, Kuuga, Build, Decade, and Kabuto confirmed.

luulubuu

the whole trailer
Kanye-West-007.jpg

the last seconds...
1173993.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is this the continuation of the Climax fighting series? Oh wait, arena fighter.

...but they (Bamco arena fighters) have been mostly crap :(

TreIII

I dared to hope we could get another game like Climax Heroes.

But then I saw those last few seconds. Ugggggghh...

shaowebb

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It really feels like those arena fighters Bamco made but this has that low effort look in that last few seconds.

I wish they sticked to the Climax Heroes stuff.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah the footage in the last couple seconds screams "re-used Battride War assets".

Ugh. I wanted Climax Heroes back but not like this.

shaowebb

the last Climax Heroes didn't look so bad tho

It was fantastic enough that I made it this monster of an OT

Hell Kamen Rider OOO's had something near 119 forms possible by himself not counting the enormous amount of cast available on top of that PLUS all their forms. Plus the ability to change the song that played during their final attack, plus the ability to change what song played when any Rider fought, plus the trophy collecting and enormous scenario filled story mode, plus the leveling in that mode, plus it actually having fun combat loaded with jump cancels, rider art cancels and enough tools to allow you to customize and get creative with combos forever coupled with the huge variety in playstyles.

Kamen Rider Chou Climax heroes was a wonderful game. Hell I'd take a PS4 port of it if nothing else ever happened. It really deserves a full sequel by this point though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The good part about re-used assets is hopefully the roster is huge since BW Genesis had so many characters...

I'm gonna guess we'll have everyone from that game playable, plus the addition of the Amazons (or at least the original two from Season 1), Necrom, Ex-Aid, Brave, Snipe, and Build. Plus add in the DLC characters from Genesis (Chase and Spectre) as members of the initial roster.

I feel like they'll leave Lazer out as playable but have him appear as a bike for the Ex-Aid Riders (perhaps his dead form though), and I can see DAN THE MAN being DLC. Then we'll probably have Build DLC, the secondary Close/Claws whatever he's called and then Build's first major upgrade, Sparkling RabbitTank, will be a separate DLC like they did the last game with Ghost Toucon Boost.

So, yeah, that's a good 40+ roster I'm expecting, and that doesn't include all the form changes.

shaowebb

The good part about re-used assets is hopefully the roster is huge since BW Genesis had so many characters...

I'm gonna guess we'll have everyone from that game playable, plus the addition of the Amazons (or at least the original two from Season 1), Necrom, Ex-Aid, Brave, Snipe, and Build. Plus add in the DLC characters from Genesis (Chase and Spectre) as members of the initial roster.

I feel like they'll leave Lazer out as playable but have him appear as a bike for the Ex-Aid Riders (perhaps his dead form though), and I can see DAN THE MAN being DLC. Then we'll probably have Build DLC, the secondary Close/Claws whatever he's called and then Build's first major upgrade, Sparkling RabbitTank, will be a separate DLC like they did the last game with Ghost Toucon Boost.

So, yeah, that's a good 40+ roster I'm expecting, and that doesn't include all the form changes.

This gives me some hope at least. I really wish this was Chou Climax Heroes 2 though. 4 player free for all on different level terrain had me shakin my head. This aint Gundam VS movement so its not really something thats worked out well for games yet.

Top Bottom