• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider Climax Fighters Trailer

delSai

Here it is

All Heisei Riders have been confirmed, starting from Kuuga to Build.

2 versions, regular and premium sound, which comes with the opening songs and some prints? Early purchase includes a PS4 theme.

There is 1v1 fighting as well as 4 Player Fights both online and offline. 2v2 and "Battle Royal"

Preorders go up in 2 days, as shown on the officiall site.

Looks pretty cool imo. Releases December 7th in Japan.

DJR3FuCV4AAOX63.jpg:large

BlackKite has the info from the streaming translated.
https://twitter.com/bk2128

delSai

Damn there seems to be much more going on with this game then i expected. I thought this would basically be Kamen Rider Eyes of Heaven lol

BlackKite has the info from the streaming translated.
https://twitter.com/bk2128

Thank you, updated the OP a bit.

jp only?

not a kamen fan, but interested

Other Asian places will get it too, but it's veeeery unlikely that it'll ever get a western release.

delSai

I wouldn't put any faith into the wikia if it's the only source...

Even if this does turn out to be nonsense, is there any reason not to expect the Showa Riders that were playable in Battride War minus maybe Skyrider and Shocker Takeshi Hongo? lol

NeonZ

Even if this does turn out to be nonsense, is there any reason not to expect the Showa Riders that were playable in Battride War minus maybe Skyrider and Shocker Takeshi Hongo? lol

They've removed Showa Riders when starting new series before. Climax Heroes added them in later games, but Battride War removed them until the last game.

Hoping for secondary Riders as well. I'll be bummed if they don't include the Showa Riders from Genesis - I need my Black and Black RX.

Platy

I remember the musou ones being SERIOUSLY lacking in showa

shaowebb

Hmmm...theme of unique skill vs unique skill. Character skills making your Rider more powerful the more they are used. Skills including things like form changes mid combo.
Plus its not a J stars Victory vs styled 4 man battle royale...its a whole host of different types of modes to play in.

This isn't the Chou Climax heroes thing I dreamed of but its not actually bad the more I hear about it. This actually looks pretty fun. Kind of...I dunno...Pokken fighter like in the arenas with cutting off space and boxing in opponents? I think this is back on my radar.

delSai

They've removed Showa Riders when starting new series before. Climax Heroes added them in later games, but Battride War removed them until the last game.

Fair enough. I'd still expect some of 'em. The Soundtrack lists all Heisei Openings, but says "...and more" at the end. Unless they mean the second Hibiki and Blade opening, which would be kinda lame.

If there's 38 songs, then that means we should be getting 2 from each Heisei show.

So we can assume no Showa riders or Showa anything in this game. Unfortunate but not surprising. I still hope we get a few secondary Heisei Riders.

NeonZ

Fair enough. I'd still expect some of 'em. The Soundtrack lists all Heisei Openings, but says "...and more" at the end. Unless they mean the second Hibiki and Blade opening, which would be kinda lame.

It could also be ending/insert themes.

Edit: Although Ghost technically didn't have any inserts, but they can just give an extra song to another series.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
For a second I thought we were going to see the Amazons.

Looks pretty fun. Hopefully better than Jojo Eyes of Heaven

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well at least this looked better than the teaser.

I bet Muteki wouldn't be Emu's form, or it would be just an attack. Because seriously, it's literally Invincible lol

You can always go digital. I bought Gundam VS on the jpn psn store and paid ~$70

It's still way pricey for me... or so I thought, but I just checked and found jpn PSn cards for way more reasonable prices. Almost sounds too good to be true, tbh, dunno if this website can even be trusted >_>

tib

Neo Member
Does this game have an arcade mode or single player campaign? I'm not a MP guy but the game looks fun.

Can't shake off the feeling of Dissidia from some of the gameplay. Something about the way a bunch of attacks involve dashing into your opponent into the air all floatily like, even if performed on the ground, reminds me of "we basically are always hovering" Dissidia approach.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
But Gamedeus was shown to be able to overpower it.
it's more like Emuteki isn't immune to knockback

They'll be in. "This game will introduce never seen Riders such as some Showa Riders", as written on the Rider Wiki lol

avoid that place at all costs

seriously, "Mighty Action X is a fighting game" lmao

That's good to know. Didn't know they were no good.

they even get names wrong lol

shaowebb

So help me if "Unique Skills" act similarly to rider cancels from Chou Climax Heroes this will be an instabuy. Cancel systems like that made Climax Heroes so freeform in combo creativity that it was something new all the time to go for. Climax Fighters looks to have decent spacing worked out with zoning, and area of effect tools to force confrontation, plus movement options like dashes and divekicks to close gaps fast. So long as it gets cancels so its not the same run up combo every time this'll probably be really fun.

Considering the form swaps Den-O did that looked like Rider Art canceling stuff to me. I hope I'm right because if so I am gonna go HAM on making combos again.

EDIT:
Can anyone Translate the text from the official page's "System" section?
I'd like to know if it mentions canceling actions in any way or details the "Unique skill" system any.

Trike

Never really seen any of the Kamen Riders but always thought the designs were cool. Does this have some sort of co-op campaign or just mostly vs battles?

luulubuu

I got the OT so let-s get a nice OT title

My offers

Kamen Rider Climax Fighters |OT| Your existence is a "no thank you".

Prophane33

Can anyone Translate the text from the official page's "System" section?
I'd like to know if it mentions canceling actions in any way or details the "Unique skill" system any.

Nothing that interesting yet.
My quick and dirty translation:

Point - 3 points about the Kamen Rider Climax Fighters

Fighting Action: One on one fighting match-ups. Now the curtain rises on the fight to determine the strongest Kamen Rider

4 Player Versus Battle: For the first time in a Kamen Rider game, it's possible to have 4 players online battles.

Personality vs Personality: Each Kamen Rider's individual "Personality" holds the key to victory.

I got the OT so let-s get a nice OT title

My offers

Kamen Rider Climax Fighters |OT| Your existence is a "no thank you".

YES THIS!

Edit: Also, I notice that on the about page for the game they use the term 個性 , which means individual or personality, but have the furigana for わざ , which means technique. So they are trying to infer here that 1.) This is not a musou and 2. ) Each Rider should have all their moves that make their specific "personality".

Top Bottom