• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiya on Devil May Cry 5 : "I'm ready, ask Capcom/Kobayashi"

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
could DmC5 be the Japanese Platinum exclusive for Xbone that CBOAT teased? also considering Dead Rising 3..

Give me a DMC5 with Old Man Vergil (now the king of hell! Or something like that), Don't-give-a-shit-type Dante and a grown up Nero who is done with the moping and is taking up the cocky asskicking mantle of DMC1/3 Dante.

Add Bayonetta as an unlockable character.

Enemy designs at the level of DMC1.
Environment design at the level of DmC.

One-up Bayonetta/Presumably Bayonetta 2 in combat possibilities.

Day -100 preorder

Robot Pants

Give me a DMC5 with Old Man Vergil (now the king of hell! Or something like that), Don't-give-a-shit-type Dante and a grown up Nero who is done with the moping and is taking up the cocky asskicking mantle of DMC1/3 Dante.

Add Bayonetta as an unlockable character.

Enemy designs at the level of DMC1.
Environment design at the level of DmC.

One-up Bayonetta/Presumably Bayonetta 2 in combat possibilities.

Day -100 preorder
Yep. This is what I want.
Bayonetta unlockable character would be weird though.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

thre will be Japanese exclusives for Xbone. MS will pay to publish those games.
Dead Risign 3 is an example (even if more oriented to the West, compared to what I'm thinking about).
CBOAT teased that there will be another "Bayonetta2" riot when they will reveal their Platinum collaboration.
What if this will be DMC5?

Ok here's a Wikipedia list of video game reboots.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_game_reboots
If my original Comment was so off base then please, go through this list and point out how many have reverted to their source material. If there's anything missing from this list that's a reboot and not a spinoff or side game feel free to point that out as well.

Then either admit I have a completely valid point And my original comment is completely 100 percent spot on or just stop replying to my posts.

Capcom's stated during the run-up to DmC's release that DMC5 isn't off the table and that they're open to multiple continuities in DMC (with the comment "remember megaman?", hilariously enough). Capcom burned plenty of bridges behind them with DmC but they specifically left the door open with regards to continuing the original series. There's no reason for them not to hedge, sure, but they definitely leaned more heavily towards the "alternate universe" and "different interpretation" stances as the backlash piled on.

Anyways, there's absolutely no way a Capcom that won't dedicate the resources to making a next-gen Street Fighter would bother making a next-gen DMC. Itsuno's team is working on mobile games and there's no way Capcom is outsourcing it to Platinum, and those are the only two teams that could plausibly make the DMC5 that fans want. It's not because "you can't undo a reboot", since DmC did badly enough that Capcom would be more than happy to forget all about it if they ever had a reason to make DMC5.

thre will be Japanese exclusives for Xbone. MS will pay to publish those games.
Dead Risign 3 is an example (even if more oriented to the West, compared to what I'm thinking about).
CBOAT teased that there will be another "Bayonetta2" riot when they will reveal their Platinum collaboration.
What if this will be DMC5?
I know, but no.

Robot Pants

After a 'gritty reboot' though? Not a chance in hell. It's dmc2 or some other weird reboot or nothing at all folks.
I don't agree. I think Capcom would absolutely revist the original timeline. And fans and new comers would welcome it with open arms.
They'd be smart to do it.

fi1ip

OP, don't do this to me! I read the title Kamiya on Devil May Cry 5: I'm ready and my heart skipped a beat.

DmC is a pretty good game, just because dante has a different look it doesn't mean it's a terrible game

Huh, I was wondering why I found the combat system comparatively lacking, it was because the main character has brown hair now? who would have thought that would have such a profound knock-on effect on the gameplay?

Sendou

I think the list of projects Kamiya doesn't want to do is shorter than the list of projects he wants to do. In other words stop dreaming because he is busy making Star Fox.

Caderfix

God damn it...

Capcom/Itsuno: Who knows, maybe, someday, somehow, we'll, maybe, think about DMC5... Only maybe though.

Kamiya: Whatevis.

Me: AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW YYEEEEAAAAA

And then nothing happens...

Gaf will crucify me, but DmC (Ninja Theory) 2 please. Not interested in the old franchise.

Fixed it for you.

Korigama

The graphics, the tone of the cutscenes and the combat. I enjoyed it all while the other DmC games lost me along the way.
Pretty sure there weren't any other DmC games, but it's unfortunate that DMC games did nothing for you (no idea what appeal anyone would find in NT's watered-down combat or dull cinematography, though).

People are missing the bigger picture here.

I am not asking that Capcom get Kamiya on board to make a DMC5. That's a pipe dream. I am asking that fans make Capcom aware that they still want more from the series and what type of direction they want from it. I don't want Capcom to think the series has lost its fans or that they have turned indifferent towards the series.

You'll get DmC 2 and you'll like it.

Itsuno is working on DD 2 and you already heard Ono, they don't have the resources for next-gen fighting games so I'm ruling out a new DMC 5 until DmC 2 crashes again on sales at which point I can see Capcom burying the series.

All hope is lost, just join fellow Megaman and Resident Evil fans in their desperation and bitterness.

sublimit

Banned
Capcom doesn't need him.They have their own Kamiya.
dmc_ninja-theory-producer.png

J/K :p

Gbraga

People are missing the bigger picture here.

I am not asking that Capcom get Kamiya on board to make a DMC5. That's a pipe dream. I am asking that fans make Capcom aware that they still want more from the series and what type of direction they want from it. I don't want Capcom to think the series has lost its fans or that they have turned indifferent towards the series.

That's my take on it as well. Of course the idea of Kamiya directing DMC5 excites me, but it's not like I'd complaing if they announced DMC5 by Itsuno, I'd be hyped as shit and would buy this so hard my hands would explode.

Platinum left Capcom. They're not going to work together again. That ship has sailed. If they do why stop at DMC? Give Kamiya Viewtiful Joe, Okami, and Resident Evil 7. It would be shameful for them to come crawling back to Capcom. Not gonna happen. Instead, Platinum should add Suda 51, Itagaki, Ueda, Inafune, and Mikami to their team and become a super developer.

Is more than likely that NT got a multigame contract with Capcom, and there's the fact they are expanding and probably developing more than 1 console game.

How they got so many contracts after every of his games had lackluster sales is beyond me, but here we are.

They undershipped by 850,000 and probably undersold by a million. If they can't afford a Street Fight 5 when Street Fighter 4 (rereleases included) sold over 6 million, then I highly doubt they can afford a sequel to a game that greatly underperformed. DmC 2 is definitely a no go, and Devil May Cry 5 is highly doubtful as well.

Thorgi

I could never stand the original series of Devil May Cry games, but I lovelovelove the new DmC. One of the best character action games I've ever played, with imaginative boss fights and plenty of memorable moments.

That said, I'm a fan of Ninja Theory in general (Enslaved was one of the best games of this generation), and I love it when they try new things. As long as Devil May Cry doesn't regress to the bits I hated from the original series, I'm fine with whoever they choose to make the new one. Platinum also made TWO of my favorite character action games of this generation (Metal Gear Rising and Bayonetta), so they would be excellent replacements!

Astarte

If Kamiya's directing DMC5, I want some more ties with Bayonetta. Eva was referenced in Bayonetta through I think some kind of bracelet

abadguy

Banned
I want a Dante vs Bayonetta fight. That would be one for the ages. Both characters are completely OP beyond reason so it'd make for an awesome spectacle.

They should just make DMC X Bayonetta already. Dante and Bayo selectable characters, player can choose between the playstyles of the two series., and co op.

DmC is a pretty good game, just because dante has a different look it doesn't mean it's a terrible game

I actually agree. There are many other factors besides his look that make it a terrible game, factors that people have gone into many times only for their complaints to be dismissed while people make the "you just mad he doesn't have white hair" argument.

AAK

Now that I think about it, has a company ever went back to the original premise of a series after making a reboot? I can't think of one.

Hystzen

I would love to play the DmC NT was making before Capcom had to save it by love i mean laugh. I still crack up over Itsuno mentioning they where just making enemies with blades everywhere just because it looks cool

NT are alright company no hate for them but if you going to give a action game to a western developer they are nowhere near the top of the list. I rather they take what they learned and create something new.

Give DMC5 to Itsuno and crew but I have little faith it will ever return

Top Bottom