• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West's last minute fashion show angers designers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatty

Kanye West, designer of this
259FE78C00000578-2951996-Wearable_It_is_yet_to_be_seen_whether_every_day_fashion_fans_wil-a-16_1423828331058.jpg

Is this for actual people to wear?

I think the issue is that she planned her show and any chance of spotlight will be taken from Kanye. If she knew, I bet she would have given him a wider berth.

Fashion Week is an incredibly stressful and really is a make or break for many designers and companies.

Just give people a heads up Kanye.

DOWN

Banned
there are tons of shows going on at the same time. she's just mad she's getting overshadowed by someone that's not a designer 100% of the time. he doesn't owe her the privilege of picking another time when numerous people aren't also.
Don't be dense. If this were a film festival, any smaller film maker would be stressed and upset if their premiere was suddenly losing its chance at spotlight to a big name director jumping in when it's too late to adjust. It's the designers' big day, and for many of them they don't have these chances as much as Kanye, but they need it more to grow their own line.

Wow, is Council of Fashion Designers of America Fashion Calendar a real thing? Sounds like a really weird coalition of super heroes or something.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
People didn't watch David Hasselhoff's USA debut, which he decided should be a for-the-time reasonably priced Pay Per View concert, all because there was a car chase with OJ Simpson in a white Bronco, driven by his former teammate Al "A.C." Cowlings. Now David Hasselhoff is completely unknown in the states for his singing prowess. The same thing happened to Anne Bowen now, I guess, in a stark parallel to what ended up being for european vocal sensation David Hasselhoff, a shocking dilemma, that began at approximately 6:45 p.m. on the evening of June 17, 1994, and that ended in the arrest of OJ Simpson for the suspected killing of his former wife Nicole Brown Simpson, and waiter/tennis coach/EMT/game show constestant/prospective actor Ronald Goldman.

What I'm saying here is, blame the media.

Calderc

Butting in and making it about himself is his modus operandi.

He's the walking embodiment of (excuse the thread -relevant pun) Emperors New Clothes syndrome. He could literally shit on a plate and his sycophants would demand it takes residence in the fucking Louvre. People must hear something different in his music too cos that shit is just objectively bad.

Daria

Does the fashion world take Ye's stuff seriously in any way though?

Sure he might have stole some of their thunder, but will hardcore fashionistas care?

Adidas, Ralph, the entire fashion industry

Full body pantyhose. I bet Ralph is kicking himself for not thinking of that.

the pantyhose is strictly there to make everyone uniform and put emphasis on the collection pieces. i.e.: backpacks, coats, shirts

this has been discussed. Kanye didn't have very much control over the pricing of his items, that was mostly an APC decision (which is a shit company).

ISOM

no her point is she didn't get her time because a celebrity with more money is doing a surprise show when her properly scheduled show was already set and that's stressful

I like Kanye trying at fashion but it seems a bit inconsiderately privileged to schedule a show during other people's shows without notice when those other shows may not have the money to change anything

Kanye and considerate don't go in the same sentence.

Daria

Have you seen the prices given for the Adidas line?

Yes. They seem to be reasonable for a second collection being debuted at New York Fashion Week. He's talked about about Adidas has given him more control in design and pricing but it still isn't 100% in his hands. This is only the beginning, he has a little bit to go before no other hands are in the cookie jar.

I don't get why people hate Ma Boi Yeezus. Dude is grade-SSS visionary of our time. Everyone hating bcuz they hella jelly. Listen. This man, no Super Saiyan, managed to whip up a fashion show in a short amount of time yeah? While one of Henry the 8ths wives was gettin bare sketch over this because she spent a long time making her show.
But dat's them problems. Everyone who is h8in on my gr8 m80 ain't ready for this man who is str8 up r8ed. OK cool.
Peace.
-YeezusFan1998

xaosslug

Does the fashion world take Ye's stuff seriously in any way though?

Sure he might have stole some of their thunder, but will hardcore fashionistas care?

much in the same way Kim is a "taste maker" Kanye is as well. Peeps gp will eat his shit up, and "hardcore fashionistas" will stay mad and eventually come correct or be seen as "late"

Yes. They seem to be reasonable for a second collection being debuted at New York Fashion Week. He's talked about about Adidas has given him more control in design and pricing but it still isn't 100% in his hands. This is only the beginning, he has a little bit to go before no other hands are in the cookie jar.
I'm confused; his defense of apc's higher pricing was a lack of control, and he also said luxury pricing was unreasonable. So out comes the Adidas line with $800 sweaters and $3k outerwear?

Clothing should be like food,” Ye said. “There should never be a $5,000 sweater. You know what should cost $5,000? A car should be $5,000. And you know who should work on the car? The people that work on the $500,000 cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom