• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West's last minute fashion show angers designers

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Erm, hasn't this Ye show been dated for a while now? I remember seeing the date for it on KTT weeks ago.

kanye%20tshirt.png

To be fair, he didn't nor does control pricing with his collabos, but they sell and have proven to sell. His Air Yeezys have both sold out very quickly. There is a very large contingent of people who worship the ground he walks on. Throwing his name behind collaboration isn't surprising.

Does the fashion world take Ye's stuff seriously in any way though?

I don't believe he's as influential he thinks he is, but he does have an impact.

I dont understand who's supposed to be buying this shit

As far as I understand, fashion shows aren't about creating clothes to directly sell to the public, but rather to showcase certain materials or fabrics or to showcase new creative methods of wear.

It's like the New York Auto Show of clothing. Lot of this stuff is conceptual.

Alucrid

Banned
As far as I understand, fashion shows aren't about creating clothes to directly sell to the public, but rather to showcase certain materials or fabrics or to showcase new creative methods of wear.

It's like the New York Auto Show of clothing. Lot of this stuff is conceptual.
Well shit whose clothes am I wearing then

But I love Kanye West homeless clothes! Anyways I know like zero about the fashion world but shouldn't this designer be angry at whoever okay'd him for a show rather than be angry at him for bending the rules because someone let him?

lmao, Kanye stays winning and everyone else stays mad af.

Haha, yeah. Like when Kanye was the only performer the whole weekend that showed up late when I went to Bonnaroo (like 3 hours late) and then blamed it on Pearl Jam for going an extra 30 minutes. Stay mad everyone, it's part of Kanye's creative genius!

zychi

Banned
I am positive that Kanye is trolling all of these fashion people. He obviously wants to make money selling his line of clothes and shoes, but he's purposely pissing some of these people off to show how dumb they are

To be fair, he didn't nor does control pricing with his collabos, but they sell and have proven to sell. His Air Yeezys have both sold out very quickly. There is a very large contingent of people who worship the ground he walks on. Throwing his name behind collaboration isn't surprising.
His apc collaboration was in line with what apc produces, and his Adidas clothing is much higher than anything they have released. Not sure how the dude could be unaware of what he's getting into.

girl in the middle is glorious no doubt.

still this derelicte collection looking like shit tbh. should get my boy zoolander to model for it.

HardRojo

I've always wondered if fashion designers come from another dimension where whatever set of clothes that are ugly as fuck are considered beautiful.

His apc collaboration was in line with what apc produces, and his Adidas clothing is much higher than anything they have released. Not sure how the dude could be unaware of what he's getting into.

Considering he has been interviewed on multiple occasion asked that very same question, the only thing he manages to keep saying is this:

High fashion should be affordable.

Well shit whose clothes am I wearing then

That blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room from a pile of stuff.

I think the issue is that she planned her show and any chance of spotlight will be taken from Kanye. If she knew, I bet she would have given him a wider berth.

Fashion Week is an incredibly stressful and really is a make or break for many designers and companies.

Just give people a heads up Kanye.
Hi I'm Kanye West and I'm gonna do a second show. Just giving you guys a heads up because obviously everyone will be focusing on me and ignoring you.

Damned if you do...

squidyj

are people serious when they quote that? I can't tell.

Adidas, Ralph, the entire fashion industry

the pantyhose is strictly there to make everyone uniform and put emphasis on the collection pieces. i.e.: backpacks, coats, shirts

this has been discussed. Kanye didn't have very much control over the pricing of his items, that was mostly an APC decision (which is a shit company).

I suppose he didn't "design" the t-shirt either or put his stamp of approval on the whole venture? stop trying to defend this buffoon.

Who cares about high fashion? This Futurama quote lays it out well. "This is what rich people eat, the garbage parts of the animal."

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Can't blame Kanye for this, this is business, not a club.

That being said, I thought the clothes might look better once worn off the runway, but no, it looks horrible.

The hot girl you guys are quoting the photo of is not the hottest, the one to her right in the photo quote by Kickz below is Hafiia Mira. She's very hot.

Cheers

a0D0yem.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom