• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kathy Griffin: "I'm no longer sorry. The whole outrage was BS."

A two-minute clip of Kathy Griffin on Australia's equivalent of the Today Show. Following up to yesterday's great interview with Kathy from NY Mag.

“President Trump just pardoned Joe Arpaio, who was essentially running a concentration camp in the Arizona desert,” she tells me over the phone this past weekend. “He said there are some good Nazis, and he’s kicking out young adults who were brought here as kids by their parents, and I’m the one who has to continue to apologize?”

I'm so fucking happy that she's fighting back.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Good. She didn't have to apologize in the first place. We all know he's a horrible human being. He deserves all the hate he gets.

Dynasty

She shouldnt have apoligized in the first place until he had apoligized for all the shitty things he had said and done.

Omadahl

Banned
She never should have apologized. If the KKK can march down the street without repercussions and a fascist is president, the least we can do is maim effigies of said fascist.

Right On.

These fake ass rightwing people complain about everyone being sensitive but cry about shit like this and athletes kneeling for the anthem. Fuck them

legacyzero

Banned
The fact that she didn't own it and commit to it in the beginning is frustrating to me. The beauty of freedom of speech comes with the implication of having principle, and facing the consequences of said speech.

I would have rode that shit hard, even if I got dumped by CNN.

Get em gurl.

Never should have apologized in the first place
Seriously.

I think the worst part was her having that BS press conference saying she was the victim after holding a decapitated head depicting someone else. She didn't need to apologize, I don't care about that, but to flip it and play victim is when I just tuned her out

Rookhelm

people complain about "outrage culture", but good lord...not every disagreement is "outrage".

you can disagree or disapprove of what someone does without being "outraged". This isn't directed at Kathy Griffin, really, just the overuse of the word "outrage", in general.

The lede's going to be buried among that main comment, but also in her NYMag interview she admitted she's no longer friends with Anderson Cooper

He was friends with her for 17 years, and in the 2.5 months since this incident started he only reached out to her last week. Which is fucked up. Real friends don't stay away when trouble starts

dan2026

I have no problem with a statement like this. The man is a monster.

I would much prefer to see him rot in shame and ignominy behind bars though.

norm9

The lede's going to be buried among that main comment, but also in her NYMag interview she admitted she's no longer friends with Anderson Cooper

He was friends with her for 17 years, and in the 2.5 months since this incident started he only reached out to her last week. Which is fucked up. Real friends don't stay away when trouble starts

He's a Hollywood talking head saving his own skin.

Imagine saying this in the original thread lol

I initially disagreed with her doing that. But after giving it some more thought I realized Trump has taken himself far out from ever being a victim of anything in my eyes. Nothing that anyone says nor any legal actions taken against him should ever be apologized for.

kirblar

This explains pretty much everything. She apologizes, probably primarily to give him cover since he's a mainstream news anchor, and he doesn't even call her? Jeez..

dan2026

Trump himself has joked about killing people, sided with Nazis, pardoned monsterous criminals, abused his power at every turn.

Why should anybody be sorry about anything they say about him?

8byte

Banned
"Here's my critical judgement of her career, despite it being completely irrelevant to the topic".

Awesome job to those who think so highly of themselves to take jabs at her for her comedy. How empowered you must feel.

Good for her finally doing the right thing and standing up for herself and free speech.

Volimar

I find it hard to believe that Mr. "Trump could take a dump on his desk" would freeze her out because of that.

Let's see how I did.

me said:
Totally fine with it. Given how many people are going to die if he finishes his term and starts the wars he wants to start, ends our commitment to climate change, kills off our social safety net, and takes away people's health care, there's no argument from me against people throwing their fear of death right back in his face. It's 100% absolutely a-ok hunky dory with me. Cathartic, even.

Atta boy, me!

DonShula

She did it to shock people. It didn't go well. The apology seemed unnecessary.

She essentially blunted any of her future criticism of Trump by doing that. If his name passes her lips from now until the end of time, people will instantly recall the bloody head and not focus on whatever she might actually be saying. She's forever the whacko liberal who posed with the head, and that was going to be the case whether she apologized or not.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I still think it was in bad taste. But I ain't crying for any of those assholes.

Top Bottom