• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kathy Griffin to hold press conference to address bullying from Trump family

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...wyer-respond-bullying-trump/story?id=47781843

Kathy Griffin enlists lawyer to address Trump family 'bullying'

Just as the controversy surrounding the image of Kathy Griffin holding what appears to be a bloody fake severed head of President Trump appeared to be dying down, comes word that the comedian has enlisted celebrity lawyer Lisa Bloom to explain why she shot the image and to respond to the Trump family's alleged bullying.

Bloom, who has represented women who have accused Bill Cosby and Bill O'Reilly of harassment, tweeted Thursday night, "Proud to announce that I represent Kathy Griffin. We will be holding a press conference tomorrow morning."

she shouldn't have apologized

Absolutely, should've just used a choice retweet:

c81b11cd680e485bada9d099b3ba694a.png

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
first wrong step was apologizing over nothing, second was giving him any more attention with a press conference... let's see what that third L will consist of Kathy. go for that turkey.

Lord Fagan

The problem is what she did went beyond outrageous into offensive.

Putin's cock holster? That's funny.

A bloody decapitated head? Best bet she's got is feigning shock at the guy's family dogpiling her.

Accusations aimed at the 1st family will be shielded by that photo. I really feel for her if these fucks have gone after her, but putting that photo out before this conference won't help her...and announcing the presser too.
You just know 4chan, Reddit and the Putin bots are already 2 steps ahead of her before she's said anything.

What she did was stupid and threatens to bring sympathy to that jackass in the White House. If only for that reason alone, I completely despise her actions. And then after you already did it, apologizing is even worse because now they have that to hold over her head and to keep this going.

Dumb airhead looking for attention got it, so don't complain now.

What she did was stupid and threatens to bring sympathy to that jackass in the White House. If only for that reason alone, I completely despise her actions. And then after you already did it, apologizing is even worse because now they have that to hold over her head and to keep this going.

Dumb airhead looking for attention got it, so don't complain now.

Regardless of how you feel about the original image, the mere fact that the presidential family is bullying a private citizen for exercising her free speech is not okay.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Trump deserves far worse then a silly rubber decapitated head.

Regardless of how you feel about the original image, the mere fact that the presidential family is bullying a private citizen for exercising her free speech is not okay.

Here is the problem they are human beings with rights also. They can, and will, drag her over the coals for doing what she did and milk it for everything it's worth. And guess what? They have all right to do so because she completely brought it on herself.

She, by doing what she did, allowed them to gain a moral high ground of sorts, and they will take advantage of that as much as possible until they destroy her. And here's the thing: it isn't even the Trump family that has successfully destroyed her. She did this to herself. CNN wasn't going to keep her around after that, and many others weren't going to either. They will feel the pressure from knowing that what she did, regardless of who is President, was very wrong, and a lot of people will not want to be associated with it.

Amalthea

Banned
If I were her I'd step to the podium with a body bag on my shoulder and say "I'm sorry..." dumping Trump's headless bloody dummy on the floor, "...I'm sorry I didn't bring the rest of that puppet the first time around"!

painey

If I were her I'd step to the podium with a body bag on my shoulder and say "I'm sorry..." dumping Trump's headless bloody dummy on the floor, "...I'm sorry I didn't bring the rest of that puppet the first time around"!

Well she is a lousy comedian, so this would be right up her alley.

She's clearly doing all of this for attention as a celebrity nobody cares about and people keep indulging her.

Also, some of you might want to stop talking violence since that can get you into actual trouble.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Still trying to grab some attention it seems, take the L and move on
No, everyone knows that if you fuck up, you don't just keep your head down until it blows over, you have to double down on your fuck up. Really highlight it.

sazzy

she shouldn't have apologized

Yep.

Something along the lines of "Following the example set by our President, I refuse to apologize for anything" would've sufficed.

Personally, I think she went overboard. But once she did, she should've stuck with it.

IaN_GAF

I don't know why everybody is assisting in what seems to be a rather sad attempt to become relevant again by this woman.

Here is the problem they are human beings with rights also. They can, and will, drag her over the coals for doing what she did and milk it for everything it's worth. And guess what? They have all right to do so because she completely brought it on herself.

She, by doing what she did, allowed them to gain a moral high ground of sorts, and they will take advantage of that as much as possible until they destroy her. And here's the thing: it isn't even the Trump family that has successfully destroyed her. She did this to herself. CNN wasn't going to keep her around after that, and many others weren't going to either. They will feel the pressure from knowing that what she did, regardless of who is President, was very wrong, and a lot of people will not want to be associated with it.

The highlighted is extremely problematic given the position that the Trump family holds at the moment. No, as a presidential family, they don't have the right to bully a private citizen just because she said something they don't like. This is an actual textbook definition of a violation of the 1st Amendment. "She brought it on herself" is disgusting victim blaming for bullying from people of a much, much higher position of power.

Media

I actually wonder how many ss visits results from the massive amount of people burning, hanging, etc of Obama in effigy. Appare fly not enough enough because I still see threat via bumper sticker everywhere.

antonz

She should not have apologized even though I disagree with what she did.

And a lot of people on gaf need to wake up and realized they got played by the Trumps. They do not give a shit about this. This is just free publicity to their stupid base that they will milk.

Poor Barron saw it on tv and thought his Daddy was killed. Bullshit. None of these fuckers gave a shit what Sasha and Malia were seeing on TV. Hell The very man who is now President was dehumanizing their Father for years

Top Bottom