• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kathy Griffin to hold press conference to address bullying from Trump family

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Kathy Griffin is just a distraction for more important things. It's all my conservative FB friends are talking about. Just go away.

Madness

Regardless of how you feel about the original image, the mere fact that the presidential family is bullying a private citizen for exercising her free speech is not okay.

Except it is. Free speech isn't for Kathy Griffin to pretend to decapitate the US President but then not like that his family spoke out against it. Bullying? Seriously? Kathy Griffin should have just went quietly. Instead now that whatever was left of her career imploded she is trying to go on the defensive. Take that L and go silently Kathy. The rest of the world knows who Donald Trump is. We don't need what you think is artistic expression.

Except it is. Free speech isn't for Kathy Griffin to pretend to decapitate the US President but then not like that his family spoke out against it. Bullying? Seriously? Kathy Griffin should have just went quietly. Instead now that whatever was left of her career imploded she is trying to go on the defensive. Take that L and go silently Kathy. The rest of the world knows who Donald Trump is. We don't need what you think is artistic expression.
It's not bullying that they spoke out, it's "bullying" that he sent the secret service to harass her over it.

Really that's more terrorism than anything.

Nephtis

Had anyone else done the same with Obama, I would've expected that person to be raked through the coals and would also probably wish that persons career be destroyed.

Just because they did it to a person you don't like doesn't make it ok. There are lines and she clearly not only crossed it - she stomped on it while she was crossing it.

All the damage to her reputation and career she brought to herself, deservedly so. I just hope that no violence comes her way because of it.

KonradLaw

I don't like Trump, but this woman is an idiot. After that image wtf did she expect? For Trump family to not react to their damn father's bloody head? like..wtf?

Was there that big of a controversy around it? I haven't seen or heard much about it outside the one thread posted here.

Look at me, look at me.

giphy.gif

she shouldn't have apologized

My thoughts exactly from the beginning.

It's ok if our current president tries to pass healthcare legislation that could directly end the lives of thousands of people. It's fine that he is probably directly working with a mass murderer to undermine the USA.

But don't make an expressive photo, you might go too far. Someone might get their feelings​ hurt.

sangreal

The problem is what she did went beyond outrageous into offensive.

Putin's cock holster? That's funny.

A bloody decapitated head? Best bet she's got is feigning shock at the guy's family dogpiling her.

The country rejected any sense of decorum when they elected Donald Trump. You reap what you sow

cakefoo

This is way too similar to Pewdiepie's "death to all jews" sign that got him cut off from Disney.

The lesson was, even if you didn't mean it, it's just not cool to give the wrong people the wrong ideas.

This is way too similar to Pewdiepie's "death to all jews" sign that got him cut off from Disney.

The lesson was, even if you didn't mean it, it's just not cool to give the wrong people the wrong ideas.

maybe if pewdiepie actually said "death to the person who ordered death to all jews" you'd be on to something

My thoughts exactly from the beginning.

It's ok if our current president tries to pass healthcare legislation that could directly end the lives of thousands of people. It's fine that he is probably directly working with a mass murderer to undermine the USA.

But don't make an expressive photo, you might go too far. Someone might get their feelings​ hurt.

This. The people who get it up to even turn up their nose at that photo shoot need some perspective. Trump deserves to have his money drained form him, his family split up and for him and his many lackeys to land in jail for the bullshit they're pulling with American lives. All of that far worse than Kathy's pic. Fuck the Trump family. Fuck the people targeting Kathy. And fuck the mealymouthed people who want to shame her with "we go high" rhetoric because Trump and this administration don't deserve their feelings spared.

Koomaster

I wish she would tell Trump and pretty much everyone else who had a problem with what she did to fuck off. She shouldn't have apologized, she should have shot back with righteous anger. Trump deserves zero respect as he has earned none and pissed away what goodwill ('Well let's give him a chance') he even had to begin with.

Now that she's got a lawyer involved I'm sure it will be more PR bullshit trying to water down what she did, which is disappointing coming from her.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
As far as I'm concerned, defending Kathy Griffin is a pretty terrible hill to die on. She did the photo shoot fully knowing what would happen and now wants to play the victim? C'mon, man. Hold that L.

This. The people who get it up to even turn up their nose at that photo shoot need some perspective. Trump deserves to have his money drained form him, his family split up and for him and his many lackeys to land in jail for the bullshit they're pulling with American lives. All of that far worse than Kathy's pic. Fuck the Trump family. Fuck the people targeting Kathy. And fuck the mealymouthed people who want to shame her with "we go high" rhetoric because Trump and this administration don't deserve their feelings spared.

Preach

Lol I hope midterms go well for GAF's sake cause if Dems flounder again I don't know how people defending taking a picture with a decapitated head of a sitting president would respond. We need some moderates and the Dems sure as shit won't get them defending that shit or supporting it anyway.

Lol I hope midterms go well for GAF's sake cause if Dems flounder again I don't know how people defending taking a picture with a decapitated head of a sitting president would respond. We need some moderates and the Dems sure as shit won't get them defending that shit or supporting it anyway.

Kathy Griffin isn't running for office

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I mean if GWAR came out with an animatronic Trump doll that they basically tortured and killed it on stage in front of a roaring crowd would anyone bat an eye? Well I'm sure Trump and his zealots would but I think a monster like Trump deserves things like this every day of the week.

Preach again.

I like Kathy and she does a good stand up routine. I get why the straight guys in the thread don't find her funny, but she kills in front of her main audience, LGBT. She's revelant to that community in terms of comedy.

And once all the shit comes out about Trump, this will be nonsense. She did something extremely controversial but this is another case of Billy Bush. People trying to destroy someone who isn't directly involved in a campaign that will literally kill people.

Just like her mother, Gloria Allred, there doesn't appear to be a TV camera that Lisa Bloom will avoid.

I've never found Kathy Griffin appealing at all, but in this case just shut up and stop trying to play the victim. It's shit like this that empowers Trump's base.

Top Bottom