• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kathy Griffin to hold press conference to address bullying from Trump family

Just further proof of what snowflakes the right are. It's ok to be an announced sexual predator and apparently even call for the murder of a black president. But pose with a false severed head of a president and you better hope he WAS black. Cause that's apparently where the line is.

By extension it's fine to mock the disabled apparently and yet this is the line? I can fucking place money on trump retweeting this if it was Obama's head, but it's a problem when it's Trump? Fuck that. There is no line because this fascist fuck has no line of his own

eagledare

Municipal Waste is some great crossover thrash. \m/
I've debated getting the shirt since they first started printing them. I settled on a less offensive one for the time being.

What sort of reactions did you get while out?

Amen on MW \m/

On the shirt we either got laughs and fist bumps or straight up cold blooded death stares.

Yeah that's not terrifying or anything.

It's standard procedure anytime something can be interpreted as a threat to the president.

That doesn't mean they would be charged with something. It's just that the secret service has to take all possible threats seriously.

For reference, I guarantee you that Nugent has gotten visits from the Secret Service as well.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I think we've officially come to the point where enough time has past that there are people who are too young to know who Kathy Griffin is and see her legitimately as a symbol for freedom.

Mrbob

Democrats, you shouldn't die on the sword for Kathy Griffen. She isn't worth the hassle. Too many other legit things to be mad about. This isn't one of them. Al Franken recognized this quickly.

JoeBoy101

Just further proof of what snowflakes the right are. It's ok to be an announced sexual predator and apparently even call for the murder of a black president. But pose with a false severed head of a president and you better hope he WAS black. Cause that's apparently where the line is.

By extension it's fine to mock the disabled apparently and yet this is the line? I can fucking place money on trump retweeting this if it was Obama's head, but it's a problem when it's Trump? Fuck that. There is no line because this fascist fuck has no line of his own

Al Franken is on the right?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
What does she have left to lose? Better to explain and make her points - which she does have.

I guess. The fact she is upset their is an open investigation is crazy. As much as I hate the guy she showed him with his head cut off all bloody. What the fuck did she think was gonna happen.

Al Franken is on the right?

I was more referring to her being pulled from things in general shows how the right wing were so happy to make a fucking uproar over this but gloss over everything else listed in that post.

I can get why people find her actions distasteful to be clear, but if that crosses the line and none of that other stuff did sets a real dangerous precedent as far as I'm concerned. It basically confirms that false imagery of Trump dead is apparently a bigger deal than his sexual predation, Ted's calling for the murder of Obama etc. That's what's sticking out to me from this.

As I'm not from the US I'm unaware of her and her career or Al Franken, but the messaging that can read between the lines is concerning.

There's a difference between what Kathy did and what's happening in those other pictures. Kathy is a comedian who relies on shocking imagery. I'd say that's a big part of why she created such a graphic image. I wouldn't hang it on my wall, but it's still protected by free speech. Now she'll deal with the repercussions of using her free speech creating that image, which have already been pretty severe (e.g. her firing from CNN).

Those Obama images play on a history of racial atrocities for which most of our citizens are working to make amends. To me they don't just say "I hate this President", like Kathy's image, to me those images say "I hate this President because he's black, and we should hang him like we did with all the other black people we didn't like way back when". Also, those images were circulated mostly by anonymous cowards; no one had their face in those pictures like Kathy did.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Not from the US, so my outlook on that part of history and the repercussion it still has today is a bit lost on me. Even though I understand the context of it, I didn't made the link with the history part of it. I saw it more as a hate/violence imagery coming from both sides of the argument. It's two extremes having a shouting match and it adds nothing to solving the problems at hand. At least, that's how I perceived it.

Even though she has every right to do it, it feels as though she's using that as a jumping platform so stay in the spotlight rather than having a certain logic and message behind the picture she took.

Those groups you mention kill real people, not stand around with prop heads of a widely hated President. I find it insulting to the victims of these groups that you would even make this comparison.

Oh please. Don't put that offended crap on me as if I didn't understand the side of the victims of these groups. I'm talking about the imagery that those photos evoke. Don't pull that 'offended' card in an argument as if it was a valid fact. It's cheap and empty.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Oh please. Don't put that offended crap on me as if I didn't understand the side of the victims of these groups. I'm talking about the imagery that those photos evoke. Don't pull that 'offended' card in an argument as if it was a valid fact. It's cheap and empty.

Don't say something ignorant and offensive then. We got decapitations galore in the media with stuff like Game of Thrones. Is that equivalent to what ISIS does in reality to actual humans as well because of the similar imagery?

Don't say something ignorant and offensive then. We got decapitations galore in the media with stuff like Game of Thrones. Is that equivalent to what ISIS does in reality to actual humans as well because of the similar imagery?

I'm offended that you're comparing a wizard from a tv series to an actual person that's real and has a family and children that are being shown a made up image of a person they love decapitated and being used as a clumsy marketing ploy. Offended.

I'm offended that you're comparing a wizard from a tv series to an actual person that's real and has a family and children that are being shown a made up image of a person they love decapitated and being used as a clumsy marketing ploy. Offended.

This "family man" likes grabbing pussies and moving on bitches, is a racist, and is trying his hardest to kill millions of his own citizens through destroying basic healthcare. Also, he wants to make sure the Earth itself gets fucked as hard as possible.

People have loved shitty leaders before. Shitty leaders have had families. Doesn't really mean anything.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

That's because I was using that example to high light how foolish you sounded. Glad you agree with me that what you said was foolish and offensive.

SOME-MIST

I feel like the press conference just made it worse. bashing trump, playing the victim/crying, and then blaming men..

I also love that when she started talking she said she doesn't know how press conferences work and feel free to jump in, and then her lawyer yells at people for trying to ask questions lol.

Socivol

I'm confused as to how she's playing victim now. Regardless of how this was taken, Trump and his family would've (rightfully) jumped on her. So I'm confused as to why she is surprised that happened.

MBison

Why is she blaming all of this on Trump? The public decided they didn't like her shitty joke.

Lol this so much

Her press conference and lawyer are a joke. They frame this as a simple criticism of the president. Lol. Okay

And that trump "mobilized his armies" and that it was all old white people.

Is Chelsea Clinton part of the trump army now?

She made a tasteless "joke" that even trump hating liberals found offensive. Just as you have the free speech right to make that picture, companies have the right to dump your ass for it.

Kinyou

mnw147.jpg
I imagine this one is ok because it shows trump pulling the trigger. Kathy Griffin simply didn't know how to ride the line.

Kathy Griffin should be ashamed of herself. My children, especially my 11 year old son, Barron, are having a hard time with this. Sick!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 31, 2017

I, too, would have a real hard time with being Trump's son.

Azuran

Banned
Lol why did she need to apologized for something that did no harm? Trump can talk about shooting and sexually assaulting people and everyone just shrugs their shoulders, but a plastic model covered on fake blood makes everyone go nuts?

lol kk.

Trump would be better off dead anyways for the sake of this world. I'm praying every day that a fatal heart attack due to stress is coming to him sooner than later. A brain aneurysm would be cool too.

The highlighted is extremely problematic given the position that the Trump family holds at the moment. No, as a presidential family, they don't have the right to bully a private citizen just because she said something they don't like. This is an actual textbook definition of a violation of the 1st Amendment. "She brought it on herself" is disgusting victim blaming for bullying from people of a much, much higher position of power.
There has been no violation of the first amendment from my understanding of it.

I thought there was a law around threatening the president etc... but don't know for sure.

jaxpunk

Lol why did she need to apologized for something that did no harm? Trump can talk about shooting and sexually assaulting people and everyone just shrugs their shoulders, but a plastic model covered on fake blood makes everyone go nuts?

lol kk.

Trump would be better off dead anyways for the sake of this world. I'm praying every day that a fatal heart attack due to stress is coming to him sooner than later. A brain aneurysm would be cool too.

It's weird that you don't have a problem with his severed head.

As you say, lol kk

Top Bottom