• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel CEO/Dark Lord Ike Perlmutter + Trump Lawyer Marc Kasowitz share some craziness

kswiston

I'm not even sure how to go about summarizing this story, but it's worth a read. Looking forward to the film version of this in 20 years...:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...security-helped-solve-bizarre-mystery-1008074

Marvel's Ike Perlmutter, a Trump Friend, Hopes Homeland Security Helped Solve Bizarre Mystery

rtrleight452169-h_2016.jpg

For the longest time, decades in fact, Marvel chairman Isaac Perlmutter wouldn't show his face in public. The 74-year-old Israeli American could very well have taken a bow for rescuing Marvel Comics from bankruptcy in the 1990s or selling his company to Disney for $4 billion in 2009, but Perlmutter has never been interested in publicity. His aversion to the limelight runs so deep that he's no longer CEO of Marvel, and yet, news outlets continue to confer that title upon him because there has never been any press release announcing he had relinquished that role.

So it was an odd sight this past January when Perlmutter did make a public appearance before cameras. At a press conference, Permutter was with his friend Donald Trump. A few days before becoming President of the United States, Trump took the occasion to remark on how Perlmutter was "one of the great men of business." The following month, Perlmutter appeared again with Trump at U.S. Central Command Headquarters, causing CNBC to pause market coverage for a moment and note amazement — not at what Trump said, but rather the presence of one of the country's most reclusive business figures.

The spectacle was curious for another reason. At that moment, Perlmutter was being hounded in court for allegedly perpetrating one of the nastiest and most bizarre hate mail campaigns in Florida's history. As the story has been told, Perlmutter got into a feud over beloved tennis courts and attempted to win at all costs by having anonymous mailings sent throughout the state defaming his adversary as a sexual predator, a Nazi and more. But was Perlmutter really culpable or was it all just a fantastic gambit to frame him in a big-money extortion attempt?

Perlmutter has now come forward with a stunning rewriting of the tale. On Tuesday, he filed a bombshell court filing that focuses on what was quietly discovered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security last year. This filing professes to reveal the true source behind the hate mail. And if true, the information also may hold consequences for Marc Kasowitz, the same lawyer who Trump just tasked to represent him in matters related to the Russia investigation. Kasowitz is not only Trump's go-to attorney, he's also representing Perlmutter's archenemy.

<rest is at the link>

His aversion to the limelight runs so deep that he's no longer CEO of Marvel, and yet, news outlets continue to confer that title upon him because there has never been any press release announcing he had relinquished that role.

wait what

studyguy

So is that singular image of Ike the only one that's been taken of him since he was in his like mid 30's? I feel like there was maybe 2 images tops of the guy out there for decades till like 2017.

I think it's been known for awhile that he at least relinquished control of the movie side a year or two ago. Feige is steering that ship totally now.
But that would mean he's still CEO of the rest of Marvel, but this article makes it seem he's not. &#129300;

SgtCobra

So is that singular image of Ike the only one that's been taken of him since he was in his like mid 30's? I feel like there was maybe 2 images tops of the guy out there for decades till like 2017.
There are some more images of him attending some Trump speech from not too long ago IIRC.
And then there's this one: https://www.forbes.com/profile/isaac-perlmutter/

Gotta admit, I admire his dedication of wanting to be photographed as little as possible lol

The fact that Perlmutter had stepped down WAS reported but he essentially put someone in his place that is reporting back to him. This is basically like Trump with his company...which he TOTALLY doesn't run anymore WINK WINK

I think it's been known for awhile that he at least relinquished control of the movie side a year or two ago. Feige is steering that ship totally now.

We know he was "forcibly" displaced on the movie side, but it was assumed he still controlled TV and comics.

Does this mean Feige now has complete control of both sides? Or does Loeb control the TV side of things?

Feige wouldn't let Inhumans happen though, so I doubt he controls both sides actively at the moment if he has control at all.

Dambrosi

Banned
Yeah, he must be aware of how much he looks like a generic Bond villain (at least in that photo, with the shades). I wouldn't want to spread that image of myself, either.

Edit: As for the story - all that over a couple of tennis courts? Lunacy worthy of a friend of Trump.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah there are.

IkePerlmutterCaughtOnVideo-600x335.jpg

He almost looks orange.

Bolivar687

Banned
That picture with Trump continues to be the most enduring depiction of pure evil that I have ever seen in all my life.

I tried reading the article but honestly its more confusing than a Marvel comic, its probably better they are fighting each other though than doing some super villain shit against the rest of us.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Here's what I got:

1. Ike Perlmutter maybe did a hate mail campaign to "win" some sort of Tennis/Property/Neighborhood war.
2. Trump's lawyer is representing the subject of Ike's smear campaign.
3. Possible conflicts of interest and Trump's lawyer may have painted himself into an awkward social/business corner?

Top Bottom