• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reclusive Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter Photographed in Public at Trump Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. He's also the fellow who stopped marvel from going out of business in the 90s

It's been awhile since I read the untold Marvel comics book, but this is legit. I don't like Perlmutter, he is a bad person. He is also difficult to work with and treats his employees like shit. He does deserve credit for saving Marvel from Icahn's paws though.

IIRC, Icahn wanted to sell the company off for parts (think THQ liquidation sale). Had Icahn succeeded, that could have ended with properties being sold all over the place. MCU and the Disney purchase would have never happened. DCU and other "Us" would probably not happen either. We would be stuck with crappy ass marvel movies (and the eventual good ones) from random studios.

Meanwhile in Hollywood they will have 17 consecutive movies led by super white men. Yeesh

And guess who was ultimately the man in charge for the majority of those movies? And the person most likely to be responsible for things like changing Iron Man 3's lead villain from female to male (see: here (Shane Black) and here (Rebecca Hall))? Marvel's casts have been getting more diverse ever since Feige got out from under Ike.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
shining-freaks.png
Which one is which, I wonder.

danthefan

Is it just me or is anyone else struggling to see the similarity between the two photos? I'd never be able to identify him from the picture with Trump, given the first picture.

Esiquio

That stare tho

9481c592e3a91c5377824af39ddf59b1.jpg

Distasteful at the least to compare the CEO of fucking Marvel comics and movies to Goebbels, one of the most evil humans to ever walk the earth, with so much blood on his hands it's almost unfathomable.

Spiderman joke on first page was super on-point though, that poster got it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom