• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reclusive Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter Photographed in Public at Trump Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he can get replaced with someone else. CEO's are replaced easy in today's age.

Unlikely. They are just hoping he dies at this point so they can get different leadership over there. Especially since he is probably the 3rd biggest DIS shareholder at this point (After Laurene Jobs and George Lucas) and hasn't sold any (or very few) of his share since the purchase in 2009.

Probably. Definitely not spending $15 to go see one in a theater. I'm not giving this douche more money to spend on his man Trump.

lol

rtrleight452169-h_2016.jpg

This is like a scene from a movie

system11

I don't really understand how you can be a human being in 2016, much less a prominent business leader, and go without being photographed for 30 years.

It's quite an achievement, I'm impressed with it. Only about 4 photographs exist of me for the past 15 years, family dinners. I'm not a big name CEO though, so he's doing exceptionally well.

KingV

He has almost nothing to with Marvel movies nowadays, Disney took the reigns from him at Kevin Feige's request.

I think he still has a say over pretty much everything else Marvel produces, though. And him being a colossal tool was well-known long before he started donating to Trump.

Which is pretty weird, because Marvel Comics have a pretty strong liberal tone.

caliph95

Which is pretty weird, because Marvel Comics have a pretty strong liberal tone.

I'm guessing like everybody else except comic fans and such no one really cares what happens in the comics as long it provides with material to adopt and it doesn't crash and burn.

hidys

More evidence that Ike Perlmutter is completely batshit.

There was the alleged statement to then-Marvel-editor-in-chief Bob Harras that if his children turned out to be gay (like Marvel exec Eric Ellenbogen) that he should kill them (it would later be alleged that he (possibly mock) attacked Eric in the offices after firing him, only for Eric to keep coming into the office, per his contract). There were the stories about shouting in the office about wasting money – from leaving on light bulbs, wasting paper clips, notepad paper and coffee pots, – but also this was done very publicly, to make a point. And carried over into his decision to restrict trade paperback stocks for the publisher and repeatedly fire people just to see if the company could continue without them, his battles with Bill Jemas that came to a head over the Rawhide Kid series, claiming that kind of project was akin to stealing from him, and a claim made to one person interviewing for a job that he had banned couches from the office to save people’s marriages, seemingly ignorant of what people can get up to on desks. As he moved into Disney, with similar cost-cutting zeal and belligerent bravado, he encountered some who would not put up with him, cue the legal suit launched against him by three female black Disney executives. There was also the cancellation of the Fantastic Four comic and licensing, and the reduction of the prominence of the X-Men due to his falling out with Fox Studios in negotiation over the film rights they owned, the Sony leak over female superhero discussion, and over his issues with Drew Goddard… but with all the controversy came the acknowledgement that, with his success the success of the publisher and studio, that Perlmutter had done something really right, and that it was hard to bet against him.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/01/the-ballad-of-ike-perlmutter-and-marvel-studios/

He is also the single largest shareholder of Disney so he isn't going anywhere until he quits or dies.

hidys

Looking at the photo I think the reason he looks pissed is because he has seen the camera, especially since he hasn't been photographed in roughly 30 years. That would explain why Trump is also looking in the same direction.

Ahasverus

I just can't get over the perfect framing, red/dark lightning and the window making a slightly smoke effect that gives the two evil men stares a deep, otherworldy feel. Photo of the year imo.

Ike's gonna take all the celery sticks home in a bag for this

He was gonna do it anyways but this is what he'll tell Trump now

Is this Ike fellow the man behind the whole Fox ban that has prevented X-men and FF characters from showing up in various Marvel video games/merchandise over the past few years?

Boem

Who's the master, and who's the apprentice?

Perlmutter is obviously the smaller, shadowy schemer like the Emperor with Trump being the tall, loud, blunt tool like Vader.

Although both of the fictional characters seem smarter than those guys, and I don't think Trump's story will end with him redeeming himself.

"in public"

*Picture has a visible window frame in it with Trump clearly frowning at a photographer.*

I'm all for "axis of evil" and all on the GOP and Trump, but that picture ain't it.

Also, for the question: who is above a CEO? The actual owners. Managerial capitalism means that owners have started to hire people to run businesses for them while not owning them. CEO's typically do no own the company they're running.
They may have a major share to ensure their position, but they don't own the whole lot, unless it's a private company with no interest in going public, but that typically limits growth and effectiveness. There are exceptions to that in newer (digital) markets, yes, before you start making a list of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom