• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reclusive Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter Photographed in Public at Trump Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

It's amazing how Ike basically looks like a Marvel villain in that pic

yer08yl3uqeqikdpnjti.png

Ryzaki009

Marvel gets money for the movie when it airs on TV. The amount of money they get is based on how desirable the movie is. Desirablity is based on the ratings the channel will get and how much the channel can sell the ad time around the movie for. Ratings are determined by algorithms that attempt to approximate the total viewing audience from smaller samples gathered via special boxes that watch your viewing habits (that you must opt in to) or through manual journaling from selected households.

So, basically, if you feel entitled to the movies but don't want to give them any money you're going to have to pirate it.

They get money.

Ah. Wonderful. Also why do I have to feel entitled to the movies to want to watch them despite the guy being a douche -_-

IrishNinja

ugh, isn't he more of the toy biz leftovers? love marvel, but i'm happy to see every bit of it wrestled away from this dude

Burt

Ah. Wonderful. Also why do I have to feel entitled to the movies to want to watch them despite the guy being a douche -_-

Because watching Marvel movies isn't a right, and not wanting to pay someone for their thing because they're a douche doesn't mean you don't have to pay them.

Dalek

Truly a sinister photo.

I like reading about Ike's antics at Marvel Studios. Like when he was too cheap to get two bathrooms for MARVEL STUDIOS and made men and women share one bathroom.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11560174/isaac-ike-perlmutter-marvel-owner.html

Perlmutter eventually found his way into the world of toys, where he proved to be a sharp operator. In later years, stories have circulated of Perlmutter's overriding concern for the bottom line. "If there was some used paper or a memo lying around," said his long-time business partner Avi Arad in a 2009 interview with the Financial Times, "he would rip it into eight pieces and he would have a new memo pad."

According to one report, for a long time the Marvel headquarters had only one bathroom per gender, leading to insufferably long lines come lunchtime.

Ryzaki009

Because watching Marvel movies isn't a right, and not wanting to pay someone for their thing because they're a douche doesn't mean you don't have to pay them.

? And I simply found legal ways to do it. Which I will. I'll watch em on someone else's cable. Oh noes what a terrible shame. /s

Sandfox

Supports fascism? I could go on, but lets start there.

I would suspect that a lot of the how powered people in the US either share similar views or only care about the money aspect, which isn't a problem for Marvel. I don't like him, but I don't see the man getting fired.

Ryzaki009

I would suspect that a lot of the how powered people in the US either share similar views or only care about the money aspect, which isn't a problem for Marvel. I don't like him, but I don't see the man getting fired.

Yep.

Only way he's getting fired is if he causes heavy monetary damage to the company. Otherwise nooope.

RPGCrazied

The dude is in his 70s so I can't imagine him staying in that position for too much longer though.

So is Trump, and we will have to suffer for years? Thankfully he really doesn't look all that healthy regardless of what his whacked doctor says.

kurahador

Ughh as if there wasn't enough reason already to hate this guy. I hate that he still looks good for someone in his 74.
I always imagined him looking decrepit like Bill Murray now.

Guess Marvel TV Division will stuck in their corner for another 10 years...fuck.

Dammit this taints marvel for me a little bit.

I don't think it's any secret that most of the higher ups at Disney/Marvel can't stand the guy and are counting the days until he's gone. Kevin Feige wrestled accountability of Marvel Studios away from Perlmutter for a reason - he was tired of having to deal with him.

Reminder: the only reason Ike Perlmutter ever got control of Marvel in the first place was due to a protracted attempt by Carl Icahn to basically stripmine Marvel like he had a ton of other corporations when he was basically the corporate raider on Wall Street.

Now Icahn is in Trump's White House and Perlmutter is up in his ear so tightly that people are actually getting pictures of him.

Shit does not look good.

Reminder: the only reason Ike Perlmutter ever got control of Marvel in the first place was due to a protracted attempt by Carl Icahn to basically stripmine Marvel like he had a ton of other corporations when he was basically the corporate raider on Wall Street.

Now Icahn is in Trump's White House and Perlmutter is up in his ear so tightly that people are actually getting pictures of him.

Shit does not look good.

Why you gotta make me even more depressed Bobby.

Neoxon

There's a good reason why Marvel films start to become diverse, in terms of both race and portrayal of women, as of late. Wouldn't have been possible while Perlmutter was in control.
To be fair, Captain Marvel & Black Panther was greenlit before the split, plus there's Luke Cage.

Either way, taking the movies away from Perlmutter allowed Feige to go nuts with stuff like casting, which is a good thing.

hidys

Yep dude is crazy and racist.

According to The Financial Times, when Don Cheadle was hired at a much cheaper rate to replace Terrence Howard in the Iron Man franchise, Perlmutter allegedly told former chairman of Disney consumer products Andy Mooney that no one would notice because black people “look the same.” Mooney has since left, reportedly over conflicts with Perlmutter, and he was quickly followed out the door by three African-American female executives who have since sought settlements. None of these moves look good on a company that is frequently called out by fans for coming up short on matters of diversity.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/09/marvel-studios-ike-perlmutter-kevin-feige

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom