• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reclusive Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter Photographed in Public at Trump Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator

What the hell, didn't know that pic of him is so old nor did I know he was a recluse who hasn't had his picture taken in like 25 years.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Couldn't you just watch them when they come on cable? Or do they get money for that too?

Marvel gets money for the movie when it airs on TV. The amount of money they get is based on how desirable the movie is. Desirablity is based on the ratings the channel will get and how much the channel can sell the ad time around the movie for. Ratings are determined by algorithms that attempt to approximate the total viewing audience from smaller samples gathered via special boxes that watch your viewing habits (that you must opt in to) or through manual journaling from selected households.

So, basically, if you feel entitled to the movies but don't want to give them any money you're going to have to pirate it.

Slayven

MODOK IS READY

trump-modok-spider-gwen-188535.jpg

Mental Organism Designed As America's King

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
That's something, I guess. Still gross the CEO of Marvel Entertainment associates with that orange fascist.

Just one more shovelful on the pile for Perlmutter. I've never heard a nice thing said about him.

That said, he's basically unrelated to Marvel Studios at this point. Feige rules that particular branch of Marvel.

Slayven

Trump:"Are you still over shipping Captain Marvel?"

Permiutter:"Yesss sire"

Trump:"Good, good. Carol is going to be winning again"

Plus, from everything I've heard, he's legitimately slightly insane. He basically just crunches numbers at this point since all his other departmental oversights were taken from him.

jey_16

Banned
Perlmutter isn't in control of Marvel Studios anymore.

When Disney purchased Marvel, Perlmutter received $590m in Disney stock which means he gets a share of Disney's profits each year

So effectively, any purchase of Disney products is indirectly benefiting Perlmutter

In reality, every company is going to have a shareholder you don't like so it's not really something you can avoid

Slayven

Plus, from everything I've heard, he's legitimately slightly insane. He basically just crunches numbers at this point since all his other departmental oversights were taken from him.

I wonder how much input he actually has over the comics. Can't see someone riding with trump cosigning Ms.Marvel, The Ultimates, Sam Wilson, and Solo

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I looks like the red skull from the Captain America movie from the 70's after he tried to make himself look like a regular human

Fury451

Banned
I wonder how much input he actually has over the comics. Can't see someone riding with trump cosigning Ms.Marvel, The Ultimates, Sam Wilson, and Solo

I would imagine next to none. Doesn't seem like the type that would care that much either as long as it profits.

He's basically just an accountant who has the ability to sign off on the big money stuff at this point. He allows the company to run itself.

FStop7

Banned
You'd think a CEO of a big company would have to do all sorts of things that would keep him out in public: attending board meetings, corporate obligations, etc.

It's creepy as fuck that this guy is some kind of shadow man, tbh.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I don't think he gives a shit about editorial as long as he's making money. Probably cares more about licensing etc. than anything, which as rumors suggest, why we had the Marvel movies sidelining women characters in merch and poc because "they don't make money".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom