• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kathy Griffin to hold press conference to address bullying from Trump family

I don't really have any sympathy for her. And, honestly, you can't. She's a grown ass woman that knew what she was doing, and had to have known that Trump and whoever is supporting him would ride it for all that it was worth. CNN had to fire her. Because soon they would be targeted for keeping on their pay roll someone that held up a bloody decapitated head of the current President.

A smarter piece of social commentary shoukd have been to make a Photoshop of Trump holding her severed head.

Would perfectly symbolize his hostility to the media and his aggression in general. And would remove his martyr status this dumb incident provided him.

Now he gets to be the victim because "it's traumatized my family"

None of em were traumatized by him grabbing women.

I don't really have any sympathy for her. And, honestly, you can't. She's a grown ass woman that knew what she was doing, and had to have known that Trump and whoever is supporting him would ride it for all that it was worth. CNN had to fire her. Because soon they would be targeted for keeping on their pay roll someone that held up a bloody decapitated head of the current President.

Also, this.

A smarter piece of social commentary shoukd have been to make a Photoshop of Trump holding her severed head.

Would perfectly symbolize his hostility to the media and his aggression in general. And would remove his martyr status this dumb incident provided him.

Now he gets to be the victim because "it's traumatized my family"

None of em were traumatized by him grabbing women.

Also, this.

Exactly. She doesn't realize just how dangerous what she did truly is. The worst thing you can ever do is to help portray a disgusting and shameless monster like Donald Trump as some kind of sympathetic figure.

Want to take bets we'll soon see some staged video of him reading to Barron or showing Barron around the White House in a dad and son moment now after this? In fact, don't be surprised if Trump gets him into some kind of interview, where Melania is there holding his hand or something.

I don't like this. She's going to be a scapegoat for Fox News and AM radio for the next 4 years. Perfect example of the "liberal elite" they love to harp about.

Fuchsdh

Kathy Griffin is just a distraction for more important things. It's all my conservative FB friends are talking about. Just go away.

I think what she did was a) within her rights b) dumb and stupid, and c) what the hell did you think was gonna' happen, Griffin? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

But conservatives spreading this story were always going to pick up on any left-wing hypocrisy and huff it like it was going out of style. If it wasn't Griffin, it'd be something else.

Even the "I'm not a fan of Trump" conservatives I know on Facebook linked this story, with not a single critical thing to say about Trump in the past month. Ultimately, they just don't care.

Exactly. She doesn't realize just how dangerous what she did truly is. The worst thing you can ever do is to help portray a disgusting and shameless monster like Donald Trump as some kind of sympathetic figure.

Want to take bets we'll soon see some staged video of him reading to Barron or showing Barron around the White House in a dad and son moment now after this? In fact, don't be surprised if Trump gets him into some kind of interview, where Melania is there holding his hand or something.

Only way Melania's gonna' hold his hand is if they physically glue her to him :p

Wait did Trump break her before she started it with the photo or after? lmao

Some people are really doing Trump a favor. Maddow with her nothingburger tax returns tarnishing her rep, now Kathy with this. They seem to just fall on their own and he capitalizes. How about we stop doing stupid things?

This "family man" likes grabbing pussies and moving on bitches, is a racist, and is trying his hardest to kill millions of his own citizens through destroying basic healthcare. Also, he wants to make sure the Earth itself gets fucked as hard as possible.

People have loved shitty leaders before. Shitty leaders have had families. Doesn't really mean anything.

This. It's important that someone crosses the line every once in awhile. She knew she was crossing the like too, but at the very least this tasteless act shows resistance to authority, and not just any authority, but a guy leading a movement that is very much nazi like in spirit. This asshole needs challenged in all ways.

dawgparty

Seeing the liberal hand-wringing over this is disgusting. Donald Trump has emboldened the absolute worst people in America and we have already seen the results. Stop being babies, there is no "going high" with these fuckwits.

Oersted

I don't like this. She's going to be a scapegoat for Fox News and AM radio for the next 4 years. Perfect example of the "liberal elite" they love to harp about.

Using anyone as scapegoat is a vile and malicious act, done on purpose.

If you are concerned how bad people use someone as scapegoat, you already lost.

This thing is cringe worthy. Exactly what bullying is she going through? And of course she plays the sex card. As if we've never seen males be fired for doing absolutely stupid shit that went viral.

God, soooooo much cringe! If she would of just kept her mouth shut after apologizing, this would of been forgotten about in 6 months and nobody would care. She would be back on some shit TV show and resume her terrible career. Now she's a new meme.

I love that everyone calls her career terrible and comment how she is talentless. I mean this all aside she is a female career comedian who has lived her life through it all. Just stupid to slap labels on something because of personal taste.

dawgparty

I love that everyone calls her career terrible and comment how she is talentless. I mean this all aside she is a female career comedian who has lived her life through it all. Just stupid to slap labels on something because of personal taste.

Female comedians get like 300% more hatred and filth sent their way compared to male comedians. Everyone wants to act like its just because they're "not funny" but I don't think I've ever seen comedians reviled as much as Amy Schumer and I guess Kathy Griffin now.

I stopped watching it when they said they tried to spin it and make it about Barron. You fucked up, it was tasteless and it crossed a line. Doesn't matter if it was Barron, Eric or Erica, you put it out there for anyone to see, children included.

She's annoyed me since I first saw her on Seinfeld, she's probably insufferable now and her initial stunt and now this is just pathetic. I get the hate for the man, but c'mon.

I stopped watching it when they said they tried to spin it and make it about Barron. You fucked up, it was tasteless and it crossed a line. Doesn't matter if it was Barron, Eric or Erica, you put it out there for anyone to see, children included.

She's annoyed me since I first saw her on Seinfeld, she's probably insufferable now and her initial stunt and now this is just pathetic. I get the hate for the man, but c'mon.

Annoyed you by being on two episodes of a tv show in 1996 ... for life.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Female comedians get like 300% more hatred and filth sent their way compared to male comedians. Everyone wants to act like its just because they're "not funny" but I don't think I've ever seen comedians reviled as much as Amy Schumer and I guess Kathy Griffin now.

Dane Cook = Amy Schumer = Carlos Mencia

Then the D list version of that is:

Andy Dick = Kathy Griffin = Carrot Top

By the way, up until last November I associated Donald Trump as a D-list celebrity. I viewed his harassment of Obama the same way I view Kathy Griffin's stunt here. Rallying people politically, with a shock value infused statement, as an attempt to propel their relevance.

.JayZii

Banned
Dane Cook = Amy Schumer = Carlos Mencia

Then the D list version of that is:

Andy Dick = Kathy Griffin = Carrot Top

By the way, up until last November I associated Donald Trump as a D-list celebrity. I viewed his harassment of Obama the same way I view Kathy Griffin's stunt here. Rallying people politically, with a shock value infused statement, as an attempt to propel their relevance.
So, Griffin 2020?

Airola

Lol why did she need to apologized for something that did no harm? Trump can talk about shooting and sexually assaulting people and everyone just shrugs their shoulders, but a plastic model covered on fake blood makes everyone go nuts?

lol kk.

So you'd be ok with someone doing that with a plastic replica of your father's head too? Or, if you have kids, maybe you'd be ok to let that be done with your head even if your kids see it. Like, it doesn't do any harm to anyone, not even to you or your kids, so what's the problem?

lol kk.

J-Rod

I think this would have fizzled out if she had just left it alone, especially with the Paris deal being the big news. All she did was make the shit smell fresh by stirring the bucket.

Reckheim

As far as I'm concerned, defending Kathy Griffin is a pretty terrible hill to die on. She did the photo shoot fully knowing what would happen and now wants to play the victim? C'mon, man. Hold that L.

She knows what she is doing. I mean fuck; this thread alone is almost 6 pages long and its about Kathy fucking Griffin.

Easiest way to stay relevant.

Arkeband

Banned
I hate that Trump masterfully pulled off the "my son is scarred for life now, see, democrats are evil, they want to abuse children" and now that's the ammo of choice for his insane supporters.

Meanwhile Barron is probably sitting at home oblivious to all of this the same way he's probably shielded from his father's raunchy antics or Ted Nugent grabbing his nuts. Seeing how Eric and Junior turned out (total sociopaths in the vein of WBC), I doubt there's much exposure to the outside world in Trumpland.

Obama never pulled the "think of my daughters" card when "just shows how angry the country is" Trump supporters were burning effigies of their father and hanging him from ropes.

Vyer

This is stupid, and doesn't help the legitimate concerns to Trump or the counter against his horrendous policies and actions in any way.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So you'd be ok with someone doing that with a plastic replica of your father's head too? Or, if you have kids, maybe you'd be ok to let that be done with your head even if your kids see it. Like, it doesn't do any harm to anyone, not even to you or your kids, so what's the problem?

lol kk.

If my father was Trump and I wasn't totally indoctrinated by a life time of his shit I'd hold the head for her.

Using anyone as scapegoat is a vile and malicious act, done on purpose.

If you are concerned how bad people use someone as scapegoat, you already lost.

I'm just saying that by dragging this out, Kathy Griffin is giving conservative media a very easy "rage switch" which they can bring up anytime Trump fucks up. It's a conservative talking point I want to see lose steam very soon because holding a decapitated head is not easily defendable.

Dehnus

The issue is, for art this shit has been posted before. She made a mistake and was held accountable. That is more than we ever did to Ted "I put animals on my fenced property so they cannot escape from my gun" Nugent. When are the conservatives boycotting him? Hmmm.... they don't. They never attack their own and always attack never defend against others.

SaviourMK2

I feel like if this was any normal individual this would not be news. This would be a day old facebook trending. But it's Kathy Griffin so it stuck.

Thats how I feel.

MBison

Lawyer: "Kathy never imagined that it could be misinterpreted as a threat of violence against anyone."

What??

Lol

Oppo

Lawyer: "Kathy never imagined that it could be misinterpreted as a threat of violence against anyone."

What??

Lol

yeah me either.

i'm pretty sure a 50-something female comedian isn't actually threatening to decapitate the president, maybe I'm way out of line but it just doesn't seem likely, especially to publicize a photo of the intent beforehand

I don't think she's funny at all, but this was a free speech test, and people are fucking flunking it left and right

Not that the bar is that high, but when we look back on Trump's presidency ending Griffen's career will be his greatest accomplishment

lol kk.

If I was 11 I would have no idea who the fuck Kathy Griffin was if my family wasn't throwing a hissy fit over her half assed publicity stunt.

Hell what % of people under 40 know this random D list celeb before this 5%?

Not that the bar is that high, but when we look back on Trump's presidency ending Griffen's career will be his greatest accomplishment

Sadly no this will probably revive what career she had.

How is this even a thing, let alone a big thing.

Bunch of cry babies. Him, her, everyone complaining about it.

She knew it was controversial and was designed to provoke a reaction so she can stop whining because she got one, but seriously, how do people get so wound up over something like this.

It was a stunt and it was wildly successful, more than she ever imagined clearly.

Secret service visits. Please.

(note: I have never heard of her, so didn't have a preconceived opinion).

Velcro Fly

1. You aren't free of the consequences from your 'free speech' so if his wife and kids want to shit talk you over this I'm okay fine with that. Obviously people are going to go further and that is not acceptable. But to say they are trying to ruin your life? No one should have sympathy for you.

2. You are only upset because your shit tier trolling finally has some huge backlash. How many times in the past have you done super troll bullshit to people and everyone laughs at it for five minutes or whatever.

3. You took a really dumb character you played on Seinfeld like 20 years ago and made it into a career. You've been annoying forever but now you are stupid on top of that. I don't feel bad for you at all.

Good fucking riddance I say.

MBison

1. You aren't free of the consequences from your 'free speech' so if his wife and kids want to shit talk you over this I'm okay fine with that. Obviously people are going to go further and that is not acceptable. But to say they are trying to ruin your life? No one should have sympathy for you.

2. You are only upset because your shit tier trolling finally has some huge backlash. How many times in the past have you done super troll bullshit to people and everyone laughs at it for five minutes or whatever.

3. You took a really dumb character you played on Seinfeld like 20 years ago and made it into a career. You've been annoying forever but now you are stupid on top of that. I don't feel bad for you at all.

Good fucking riddance I say.

Best post. /thread

Top Bottom