• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kathy Griffin to hold press conference to address bullying from Trump family

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/k...-down-donald-and-barron-trump/article/2624828

Kathy Griffin told a reporter for Vulture that she would be "happy to deliver a beat down" to both Donald and Barron Trump in December 2016.

"You know a lot of comics are going to go hard for Donald, but my edge is that I'll go direct for Barron," Griffin said at the Equality Now Gala on December 6. "I'm going to get in ahead of the game."

Griffin also indicated that she would be happy to join the rest of the comedians making jokes about Trump as well.

"Now more than ever we must absolutely go for all the absurdities," she said. "For me, that's Trump and all things Trump. It's not about trying to be an equal-opportunity offender anymore because Hillary got such a beat down. It's his turn."

"So I'm happy to deliver beat down to Donald Trump — and also to Barron," she said.

Not really helping her bullying claim...yikes.

Pharaun

yeah me either.

i'm pretty sure a 50-something female comedian isn't actually threatening to decapitate the president, maybe I'm way out of line but it just doesn't seem likely, especially to publicize a photo of the intent beforehand

I don't think she's funny at all, but this was a free speech test, and people are fucking flunking it left and right

Would you please explain how people are flunking the free speech test because it seems you don't understand what the First Amendment actually protects.

ok im glad im not the only one that was kinda weirded out by this press conference thing

unfortunately for her, nobody really likes kathy griffin all that much, and the photo she did was not only completely tasteless and gross, but also pointless, in that it didn't have a political message or context at all

sorry your life is ruined for the next few years but thems the breaks

I find it really fascinating that there is utter revulsion for Griffin wherein defense forces form around say: The free speech rights of Milo and the importance that folks like him be given platforms at Universities to spread actual hatred and engage in speech with actual ramifications for vulnerable folk.

This is at worst in poor taste... Those who get defense forces peddle in actual dangerous hatred...

Bluntly it just highlights how much "the left" is held to some significantly higher moral high ground, and how immediately the outliers (and Kathy Griffin is an outlier) are used to paint the whole, this isn't a bad look for Kathy Griffin, not somehow it's a bad look for the left, for the Democrats...

Hell we've got people actually ready to blame her for hurting the Democratic Party... who the fuck is she? She's a low brow comedian who did a vulgar photo shoot.

We've basically ceded the construction of Narrative to the right (see also the constant histrionics about left wingers on College Campuses) and it's all pretty pathetic overall tbh.

And I'm not even claiming her piece was of any sort of intellectual merit, it's cheap, easy unimaginative, and says nothing overtly substantial. However, the rage and anger directed at her for posing with a plastic head... versus what I've seen directed at others preaching actual hate is depressing.

Like this is what passes as scandal for us, some dumb comedian poses with a fake head, and it gets more venom then some of the actual hate peddlers.

yeah me either.

i'm pretty sure a 50-something female comedian isn't actually threatening to decapitate the president, maybe I'm way out of line but it just doesn't seem likely, especially to publicize a photo of the intent beforehand

I don't think she's funny at all, but this was a free speech test, and people are fucking flunking it left and right

You could make this exact same defense if she literally said "I'm going to go and kill the president." It was a stupid thing for her to do.

I find it really fascinating that there is utter revulsion for Griffin wherein defense forces form around say: The free speech rights of Milo and the importance that folks like him be given platforms at Universities to spread actual hatred and engage in speech with actual ramifications for vulnerable folk.

This is at worst in poor taste... Those who get defense forces peddle in actual dangerous hatred...

Bluntly it just highlights how much "the left" is held to some significantly higher moral high ground, and how immediately the outliers (and Kathy Griffin is an outlier) are used to paint the whole, this isn't a bad look for Kathy Griffin, not somehow it's a bad look for the left, for the Democrats...

Hell we've got people actually ready to blame her for hurting the Democratic Party... who the fuck is she? She's a low brow comedian who did a vulgar photo shoot.

We've basically ceded the construction of Narrative to the right (see also the constant histrionics about left wingers on College Campuses) and it's all pretty pathetic overall tbh.

And I'm not even claiming her piece was of any sort of intellectual merit, it's cheap, easy unimaginative, and says nothing overtly substantial. However, the rage and anger directed at her for posing with a plastic head... versus what I've seen directed at others preaching actual hate is depressing.

Like this is what passes as scandal for us, some dumb comedian poses with a fake head, and it gets more venom then some of the actual hate peddlers.

Citizenkaneclap.gif

Lol at her saying Trump's family bullied her. She went out of her fucking way to post this pointless video/photo. Plus, Trump's response was surprisingly reserved. His wife's response was appropriate too. Kathy doubled down on this. She literally has no one to blame but herself. If anything, she bullied his family. I don't like Trump either but that video/photo was so foul. I have zero sympathy for this privileged, talentless woman playing the martyr for a fire that she not only started, but fed as well. I would never wish for someone's career / life to sink into an abyss but she really needs to go away.

Hell we've got people actually ready to blame her for hurting the Democratic Party...

the only people who think this is a scandal for the democratic party are insane republican shills

its just some d-lister who did some stupid shit

Woo-Fu

Banned
Kathy Griffin should just fuck off into oblivion.

She pretty much has, just taking awhile for the boat to leave port.

Also, ITT, lots of people who don't understand what free speech means. Hint: It doesn't mean saying whatever you want without potential repercussions.

chekhonte

she was always a great guest on loveline way back in the late 90s early 2000s. i always hate to see comedians decline.

Osukaa

I'm sorry but I'm not buying this. She cleeeeeaaaaarly knew this was going to happen way before she even took the pictures.

Guess her publicity stunt did pay off, since she got people talking.

Aurongel

To say she represents all liberals would be a strawman at best. This is absolutely abhorrent though and anyone trying to defend it in the name of free speech frankly disgusts me. We pitchfork and speak out against way more benign acts of aggression made in the name of free speech.

Trump's muted response to this actually makes him look like a class act here which is spectacularly ironic. Good job Kathy, you edgelorded your way out of the moral high ground.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i cant see how this doesnt do anything but benefit Trump. maybe the bullying thing might lead to something more interesting.

tci

Not sure what she was thinking, maybe she didn't at all. Did she really not expect any repercussions? Lesson learned I guess.

This is even stupid to do to any person, let alone the president of a country.

Maybe do comedy next time.

And before people jump on me for "defending" Trump. He can burn in hell for what I care. This was just incredibly stupid not matter who it was towards.

Mathieran

Banned

The people who claim to care about Milo's free speech don't actually give a shit about free speech. They just want their views to go unchecked. They will be the first ones to get the pitchforks out when shit like this happens.

Just for the record I think Griffin was definitely in the wrong on this.

Top Bottom