• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keeping your PS5 vertical might cause some issues, as reported by some users, with specific faults. Sometimes.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
giphy.gif

Thankfully I dont have issue with my PS5 so far and I had it since launch.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Ps5 vertical since launch and I plan to keep it that way. I've never seen it advertised laid down and the thing looks so hideous that the onky way to have it is vertical imo.

I think/hope it will be fine.

Famipan

The only proper way is to keep it vertical standing on the LG C1 stand behind the TV placed on a tv bench, hiding away the whole thing.
Works especially well with the digital PS5.
The wireless controller signal can become wonky but it’s safe within 2 meters.

Moses85

The only proper way is to keep it vertical standing on the LG C1 stand behind the TV placed on a tv bench, hiding away the whole thing.
Works especially well with the digital PS5.
The wireless controller signal can become wonky but it’s safe within 2 meters.
Show Me Nbc GIF by Good Girls

I have first-hand experience of the "vertical issue".

So, one day as I was playing Metro Exodus, PS5 shuts down abruptly. I restart, then after some time the same thing. This recurred for some time, then one day, as I was telling my friend this, he mentioned the vertical issue and advised me to place it horizontally. I did so. Lo and behold! The issue has not occurred since then.

Conclusion: The issue is real and exists. After some time, something happens that results in the liquid metal receding ever so slightly from the CPU surface.

solidus12

The only thing that’s bugging me with my PS5 is the weird noise that disc drive makes when there’s no disc inside whenever I turn on the console.

You can hear it here, right after the beep:

Last edited:
The only thing that’s bugging me with my PS5 is the weird noise that disc drive makes when there’s no disc inside whenever I turn on the console.

You can hear it here, right after the beep:

My friend has the same issue. I grabbed my PS5 much later and it does not make this sound at all. Even so I have it for a one year+ at least. And I think my friend grabbed his six+ months earlier than me.

I use mine vertical, my friend too.

No issues so far. Hopefully it will stay that way. I have black plates and honestly it looks much worse in horizontal position.

Last edited:
Top Bottom