• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kendrick Lamar's verse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
What? He's not great or anything but he fucking went ham on the intro to his album and also another song which I think was called traumatized

Kendrick busted a good verse but Internet is running way too far with it, freaking tmz is talking about the verse lol

It's not the verse goddamnit, or that he called people out.

He called himself the king of new york.

So did papoose. In fact he said he had it at the palm of his hand

Nacirema Dream pt 2 incoming, Kendrick better run

Nobody in New York will muster up a big response. It shouldn't be left to the old, the young must step up. And nahhh they all just wanna be friends

FStop7

Banned
"Miley's probably turning ninjas into fucking lindsay lohan
A bunch of rich ass white girls looking for parties, playing with barbies
wreck the porsch before you give em the car key"

We're looking at you French Montana, how you gonna let Miley jump on a remix. smh. This needed to be said

It needed saying (Especially the Miley thing) and no one else in Kendrick's position would of said it. This is the closest we'll ever get to another how to rob. That just hypes me up.

Funny thing about this is that it was on a Big Sean track since Big Sean had a video that featured nothing but Miley Cyrus. He was even on Shade 45 kissing ass about all the "hardship" she's endured in her life and how she's "a beautiful rose." Dude sounded so thirsty. Then he gets murdered on his own track. Every copy of that record needs to come with a toe tag.

McNei1y

This whole thing killing me. The thread, the tweets, the jokes, everything.

Kendrick is overrated and this verse showed it. Anyone could called out everyone to be better

Kendrick cares about this game. To me, he's mentioning everyone so that they could motivate themselves to go all in. He's like the Triple H of hip hop.

Beats by Dre twitter account tweeted Dre's reaction:
BRk6w86CQAA0UkS.jpg

Also Shake from 2dopeboyz reminded me that this wasn't the first time Kendrick name dropped like that Monster Freestyle

FStop7

Banned
I don't think anyone can directly respond to KL without looking desperate. The only way to come back at him is to prove him wrong with better music.

It was the best verse on the song but I don't know why the net's on fire about it. It got better near the end, but it mostly looked good because of the other guys on the track.

Imm0rt4l

So did papoose. In fact he said he had it at the palm of his hand

Nacirema Dream pt 2 incoming, Kendrick better run

Nobody in New York will muster up a big response. It shouldn't be left to the old, the young must step up. And nahhh they all just wanna be friends

Too bad Nacirema dream took as long as it did and was ass.

I came in here to hate on wacky lupe's reactions to the verse but he dropped this truth bomb on y'all so jay stans can take this

That is some real talk

Stuneseht

I think many people might have misunderstood to "king of New york" line...
He's referring himself as being the Notorious B.I.G., since he also refers to himself as being Makaveli offspring (2pac) within the same line.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I came in here to hate on wacky lupe's reactions to the verse but he dropped this truth bomb on y'all so jay stans can take this
It works both ways. If Jay didn't give Ye the early shot, he would've taken longer to blow up. He still would have, but he might've been fucked over at another label.

No one would have put out TCD. Def Jam was pretty much just putting out EVERYTHING They could so they did, and then boom.

Nobody is playing with rhyme schemes like Kendrick right now in the mainstream. Underground-wise Reks probably experiments the most with his flow.

Two years ago I remember trying hard to put people on him "he sounds too weird I don't like his voice he's not better than ____ their favorite artists etc". Crazy in over two years he's put the rap game in a corner and proclaimed his dominance over his contemporaries. Now all that's left is for the inevitable hate he'll get when he gets too big,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom