• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: SolForge A F2P CCG by the creators of Magic [Ended, $429K funded]

Ainaurdur

I only noticed this thread/game this morning. On first read I was mildly interested. Then a bit more and I was considering it. Now that I see I have not missed the extra bonus starter deck, I am going in for $25.

drkOne

Went for the $25 tier.

I really need my digital TCG fix after being so tired of the 90s look of MTGO, this looks perfect.

Totally hyped for Garfield joining the Ascension team for this.

Ainaurdur

I'm kind of anxious/worried they won't make it ><

It may be one of the last minute panic modes, but I see on Kicktraq that yesterday had the highest pledge amount since the first day. And today already almost has the average daily amount.

I also just upped my pledge to the $60.

Be optimistic!

Ainaurdur

Update #14 is up!

The weekend promos have been extended through the end, and some card previews.

I am finding it more difficult to decide which factions I will likely end up focusing on. I keep seeing new things that could make them all potential choices for me.

ultron87

Only 10k to go. So making it is pretty much assured at this point.

I find $1980 "free drafts for life" tier they just added really funny.

Ainaurdur

And a sudden $2k jump in the past hour or so.
Indeed, no more worries if anyone still had them.

I am amused at how many people are taking the $32 reward level. Guess everybody loves a party.

Finally put in my $5, would have been more if I wasn't so broke right now. Really glad to see the huge spike the last few days. Can't wait to play it!

ultron87

Penny Arcade linked to them today which I'm sure helped with the momentum increase. Might at least hit the first stretch goal for extra Promos for everyone.

Forever

Banned
Wow Penny Arcade did a full blog post on it. They're set to hit some stretch goals now.

Animated cards please. Too good an idea not to do it in the digital realm.

LuffyZoro

I've never played a Magic style game before (well, other that YuGiOh, if it counts), but this looks really cool. I still don't know if I'll donate, but I'm definitely checking it out when it releases.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well they're almost definitely gonna hit $350 which is nice. Too bad probably no $450 though; the raiding would have been really interesting to see.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Well they're almost definitely gonna hit $350 which is nice. Too bad probably no $450 though; the raiding would have been really interesting to see.
Eh , they might still add it anyway once its clear they make money with this game.

Acidote

SolForge will be, as MTG is, an ongoing project if it proves profiting, and I'm sure that would be one of the first new implementations they do. The idea is already planned in their minds.

Forever

Banned
I think I'm going to run Nekrium monofaction, so that's where my vote is going.

Alloyin seems to be the most common favorite though.

Ainaurdur

Alloyin might actually be my least favorite. I still have not narrowed in on one faction yet though, like things about all of them.

Boken

Banned
Why must kickstarter only use amazon wallet! arghh I want to support this dammit.

Amazon refuses to let me log into my amazon account anymore...

Bumped my pledge to $60 after getting a few friends to pledge as well. Games are better with friends.

Watching the livestream has given me a lot more confidence in the team as well. They seem to have a good grasp on what they are trying to do.

gazele

Banned
Co-op sounds really cool, but it doesn't look likely at this point, hopefully it's added on later, I was pretty undecided on getting in on this considering it's F2P, but I Want to support this

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Co-op sounds really cool, but it doesn't look likely at this point, hopefully it's added on later, I was pretty undecided on getting in on this considering it's F2P, but I Want to support this

During the livestream they said it would definitely be coming whether the stretch goal was hit or not, it's just a matter of when.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Only to people who weren't familiar with the ending bounce effect. :p

This probably wouldn't have hit 275k if it hadn't been advertised on Penny Arcade. Yeah, end bounce, but this game doubled it's funding in the last five days. That's not really the norm.

Glad it ended up doing so well in the end.

Top Bottom