• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid cheated out of a copy of Madden for wearing the wrong jersey; EA gives him a PS4

Bgamer90

Banned
A 10-year-old Lions fan named Roman went to Sunday's game in Dallas after his grandma surprised him with tickets. Roman and his family got to the stadium early in order to participate in some of the pregame festivities. One such festivity was a game of musical chairs, which you can see Roman winning in the video above.

Upon realizing that Roman was wearing a Matthew Stafford jersey, the MC called for a re-do of the final round of musical chairs.

Video/article here.

YouTube link to the video.

lG39ekm.jpg

(https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/status/553687707961282560)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
What a shitty thing those adults did to that poor kid. Wankers.

Good of EA to step up.

Afrikan

Its kind of hilarious that they didn't send him the madden Xbox one bundle.

yeah with the marketing deal... but I wonder if they got a hold of him and asked him which system he wanted?

but that seems like alot of work, if they were going to give out something for *free* anyway...... like here you go kid.

TI82

Banned
yeah with the marketing deal... but I wonder if they got a hold of him and asked him which system he wanted?

but that seems like alot of work, if they were going to give out something for *free* anyway...... like here you go kid.

Yeah, I mean if they reached him and all I would understand but something tells me they didn't lol.

Raist

Banned
Upon realizing that Roman was wearing a Matthew Stafford jersey, the MC called for a re-do of the final round of musical chairs.

What kind of sad person does that to a 10yo kid.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Real article title needs to be "Deadspion refers to Led Zeplin as "crappy old rock"

But guess what Roman ended up getting? Some major bullshit, that's what! They gave the child the complete first season of the original Batman television show on DVD, and a fuuuuucking Led Zeppelin CD. The hell is a 10-year-old kid supposed to do with that shit? There is literally nothing in this world that a 10-year-old boy values more than video games. Giving one a dumb DVD and a crappy old rock CD as if those things are just as cool as a video game is like trying to tell an adult that a bag full of week-old dog shit is just as valuable as a brick of gold.

Cowboys gave him something better than Madden to begin with.

gogojira

People see what they want to see with the ps4 thing, lol. The competition was for a PS4 copy of Madden so it makes sense.

Also, what a shitty thing to do.

pa22word

Aw, good on EA for making it u-

But guess what Roman ended up getting? Some major bullshit, that's what! They gave the child the complete first season of the original Batman television show on DVD, and a fuuuuucking Led Zeppelin CD. The hell is a 10-year-old kid supposed to do with that shit? There is literally nothing in this world that a 10-year-old boy values more than video games. Giving one a dumb DVD and a crappy old rock CD

simpsons-villagers-pitchfork-torches-300x206.jpeg

Eusis

EA trying to get on our good side again? Well, we have UBI now.
EA is "off" right now, they always seem to rotate between being relatively good or being awful. Unison is more consistent there, like their game design and general broken code.

SystemUser

I have said it before and I will say it again. Cowboys fans are the worst. It's cool that EA hooked the kid up though.

EA trying to get on our good side again? Well, we have UBI now.

It is kind of amusing that EA has spotted this opportunity to lob grenades at Ubisoft and try to reform their image since everyone hates Ubi now. That said, good on EA. Total dick move to take the win away from a ten year old kid just because of a jersey.

explodet

I love that in this story, the only entity that comes out looking like roses is EA.
Not even the author of the article comes out unscathed.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
It is kind of amusing that EA has spotted this opportunity to lob grenades at Ubisoft and try to reform their image since everyone hates Ubi now.
The only connection that event has to Ubisoft is in the imaginations of fantasy prone gaffers.

Top Bottom