• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid cheated out of a copy of Madden for wearing the wrong jersey; EA gives him a PS4

Ignoring the fact the kid got a PS4 out of all this which is awesome, frankly I'd rather have had the Batman DVD and Led Zeppelin CD than I would a copy of Madden.

But hell, he got all of the above and then some so the kid wins.

Jawmuncher

EA is "off" right now, they always seem to rotate between being relatively good or being awful. Unison is more consistent there, like their game design and general broken code.

They've been pretty good for a long while.
Last big mess up was BF4, then if anything else was pretty small compared to Ubi.

Metalmarc

What a shitty thing to do, but hey the compensation prize of Zeppelin cd is one that should change the kids life for the better once he hears it. (The article writer who called Led Zeppelin Crappy old rock is clearly clueless)

But bravo to EA for saving the day.

Tigress

EA is "off" right now, they always seem to rotate between being relatively good or being awful. Unison is more consistent there, like their game design and general broken code.

Actually, I only dislike EA for where they want to take gaming (MTs and online DRM <- which right now they've backed off of but I don't trust they wouldn't try again when they think they can). But otherwise I don't see them as super evil, they've done good stuff too.

And honestly, aside from pushing MTs (which is a losing battle :( ) and disliking pushing online in everything (which they've backed off of for now, Ubisoft is far worse for this), lately they haven't seemed so bad.

Can't believe the event organizer would actually screw a 10 year old kid out of a prize just because he was supporting a different sports team. I could maybe see it justified if it was a grown adult who won and was flaunting their jersey all around, but even then it's weird to take a prize away if they were allowed in the contest and won.

Good on EA for giving the kid that prize.

Wait a minute....

I was about to bash the contest holders because the poor kid is 10...that was horrible. I know, I know, it doesn't matter the age, but it was upsetting to hear. I would commend EA, no matter what hate they get. That was a great end to a bad situation.

However, when I watched the video, the girl came back, after the second round, and said, "We'll have both of them win. I'm sorry; poor guy."

So he got the game, even with his Lion's jersey. Did I miss something?

Wait a minute....

I was about to bash the contest holders because the poor kid is 10...that was horrible. I know, I know, it doesn't matter the age, but it was upsetting to hear. I would commend EA, no matter what hate they get. That was a great end to a bad situation.

However, when I watched the video, the girl came back, after the second round, and said, "We'll have both of them win. I'm sorry; poor guy."

So he got the game, even with his Lion's jersey. Did I miss something?

He didn't get the game, he got Batman 1 DVD and a Led Zeppelin CD.

People like that are so unbelievably gross. How can you do that to the kid, seriously. People can be so hateful. But thankfully EA did some good. I don't care if it's a marketing thing or whatever, it's a really cool thing to do of them.

jblank83

If you're ten, it is crappy old rock.

Music doesn't go bad. There's no shelf life on it. People are listening to and enjoying music from 1000 years ago. When I was 10 I loved 60s rock (I was born after the 60s), blues, pop, and classical music too. My parents didn't sit me down and make me appreciate any specific genre. I just gravitated towards anything that sounded good.

The human condition hasn't changed in a long, long time. The way the brain processes sound hasn't changed in tens of thousands of years, much less 1000, much less 50. Society hasn't changed so much that what Led Zeppelin was singing about or the Beatles were singing about 50 years ago is inapplicable today. Music hasn't changed so much that the basics of rhythm and melody from 100 years ago is completely alien to modern tastes.

There's no reason to shit on music because it was made before you were born, unless your parents have raised you to be a pig ignorant, hateful little shit. And in that case, shame on your parents.

Well, they didn't want to disappoint the kid twice.

I kid.

VeKJRKR.jpg

Illucio

Banned
Woah woah woah? EA caught being good? This is like Elementary School all over again, the good kids are never caught being good but when it's a pretty rotten child they always get caught.

nampad

What a bunch of jerks. I get it that they make some jokes about him being a fan of the other team etc. but not giving him his price sucks. Those DVDs and the CD are nothing for him.

Good job from EA, they get some PR and the kid gets a new console, everybody is happy.
Looking through my PS4 library, most of the games are from EA so they did something right this generation.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Its kind of hilarious that they didn't send him the madden Xbox one bundle.

Well the original prize was a PS4 copy of Madden.
After arguing 10 minutes with the parents the host gave the kid the dvd collection of fucking batman OG TV series on top of a Zeppelin's album. What a fucking bitch that host is, disgraceful stuff, how do you even have it in yourself to strip a kid of his rightly earned prize?
And a videogame? And give him a music cd for his grandma instead? What a terrible person.

Top Bottom