• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid cheated out of a copy of Madden for wearing the wrong jersey; EA gives him a PS4

That 10 year old kid probably felt bad and awkward as fuck because of that lady. She did apologize and say they both "won" but then he apparently got some other garbage that was not what he was supposed to get.

Good for EA for helping the kid out.

Not even lobbing grenades they just... Act normal?

I mean we got dragon age inquisition from them this year and its actually good.
Then mirrors edge 2 was announced. Battlefield 4 was supposedly fixed (Dont like this series so I dunno). Star wars stuff. Plants vs zombies garden warfare is spectacular.

Only bad thing this year from them I remember is hardline lol. So to be regarded as a good company you just have to... Be good.
And even then, they gave everyone a long free beta AND delayed the game beyond the holiday season to avoid another BF4

Beartruck

I see EA is in the middle of their cycle where they try to make people like them again. Wonder how long they can keep it going this time.

Aces&Eights

Jerry Jones is a plague on the NFL and the Cowboys are NOT "America's Football Team". They should have lost the game to the Lions but thanks to the bad calls they didn't. A senior member of the officiating committee was seen getting off a party bus with scantly clad young girls and Jerry (Cowboys owner) prior to the game.
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24652025/is-this-the-nfl-ref-czar-on-cowboys-party-bus-irate-nfl-execs-say-yes
The entire organization is a joke. I can't wait to see the Packers eat them up and spit them out tomorrow.

OT: Good on EA. What a shameful thing to do to a child.

Edit: Go Hawks.

EA did the kid a disservice. As a 10 year old Lion fan the kid has a lifetime of disappointment ahead of him, he needs to learn how to cope.

HoodWinked

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lG39ekm.jpg[/IMG]

lol ea logo in the back and everything deliberately setup for the PR opportunity its so gross.

Mascot

I'm amazed at all the fluffy plaudits for EA here. This has ZERO to do with EA feeling sorry for this kid and EVERYTHING to do with EA cynically recognising a cheap-as-fuck self-promotional marketing opportunity.

Gotta hand it to them, it's worked. You couldn't buy this kind of publicity for around $500 any other way. I'm disappointed in GAF for swallowing it though.

I'm amazed at all the fluffy plaudits for EA here. This has ZERO to do with EA feeling sorry for this kid and EVERYTHING to do with EA cynically recognising a cheap-as-fuck self-promotional marketing opportunity.

Gotta hand it to them, it's worked. You couldn't buy this kind of publicity for around $500 any other way. I'm disappointed in GAF for swallowing it though.

a business is looking out for their own self interest at the benefit of a child!? you disgust me EA!

The wronged child was a perfect fit for their marketing strategy. EA didn't see tears, they saw diamonds.

everyone wins though. EA gets cheap publicity and the kid gets a ps4/madden.

i guess i shouldn't be surprised that someone is frowning on this. it is neogaf after all!

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lG39ekm.jpg[/IMG]

lol ea logo in the back and everything deliberately setup for the PR opportunity its so gross.

I don't see what's wrong with this. The kid got what he deserved, plus more, and EA gets some cheap PR. It's a win-win and I don't think there's anything gross about it.

The heck? It is.

NOT A REAL WORD DAMMIT

dammit-dammit-o.gif

Led Zeppelin still sucks though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don't see what's wrong with this. The kid got what he deserved, plus more, and EA gets some cheap PR. It's a win-win and I don't think there's anything gross about it.

yep.

nothing 'wrong' about it, sure its good PR, but its harmless and not hurting anyone, its just gonna make a kid really happy.

Really nice of EA to do that.

Does anyone happen to know the name of the MC host or the radio organizers so we can shit on them? I know it's know Kiss FM 96.9; they're trying to help the kid.

L.O.R.D

so , because the kid was wearing the opposite team , they rematch the final round ?

WTF ? he is just a kid
imagine his feel after that , even if EA give him the PS4
his heart broken

Brine

Jerry Jones is a plague on the NFL and the Cowboys are NOT "America's Football Team". They should have lost the game to the Lions but thanks to the bad calls they didn't. A senior member of the officiating committee was seen getting off a party bus with scantly clad young girls and Jerry (Cowboys owner) prior to the game.
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24652025/is-this-the-nfl-ref-czar-on-cowboys-party-bus-irate-nfl-execs-say-yes
The entire organization is a joke. I can't wait to see the Packers eat them up and spit them out tomorrow.

OT: Good on EA. What a shameful thing to do to a child.

Edit: Go Hawks.
Did you read the article you posted? It wasn't prior to the game, this was months ago, before the season even started.

Such amazing PR.

The PS4 (the current favourite among gamers and mainstream alike), the placement alongside the EA logo, the imagery of a child wronged and possibly crying. You literally can't buy this kind of PR.

So, he got a PS4, Madden, some helmet, Batman DVD collection and Led Zeppelin CD?

What an awesome haul.

I actually really like EA at the moment. It's hard to not like them when they gave everyone free games just because.

So, he got a PS4, Madden, some helmet, Batman DVD collection and Led Zeppelin CD?

What an awesome haul.

I actually really like EA at the moment. It's hard to not like them when they gave everyone free games just because.

It's the long con, plus it doesn't hurt to try and make yourself look better off the back of another gaming monolith who is currently in the dumps after a disastrous 2014.

Halabane

What a shitty thing those adults did to that poor kid. Wankers.

Good of EA to step up.

not so much what ea, frankly thats an easy PR win and also it made them look like the bad guy for being involved. Who the frig would do that to a kid? Please tell me some body got shown the door for this.

Joe

whats with sports teams giving away the first season of batman as a prize?

i was at a minor league hockey game and some dude CRUSHED 15 trivia questions on the 'jumbotron' and his prize was the 1st season of batman. you could feel the entire crowd go "uhhhh wut" all at once.

what a weird deal to have in place.

Top Bottom