• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid cheated out of a copy of Madden for wearing the wrong jersey; EA gives him a PS4

NASA is pretty cool. Tex Mex is amazing. Jobs are nice.

More importantly, Blue Bell Ice Cream.

NASA had to go somewhere. :p

Tex Mex is just Americanized (bastardized in some minds) Mexican food.

The good Texas jobs are resource based (oil) with a finite lifespan (recent projections show Texas energy jobs on a downslope). The vast majority of the jobs are low paying service sector/entry administrative jobs. I guess its better than nothing but the Texas economy is hardly worth bragging about in aggregate. That said, I interviewed at AMD back in the day and enjoyed my limited time in Austin. Never tried Blue Bell ice cream...you may have something there.

I remember when i was a kid losing a game of musical chairs at a xmas party. The winner won Toy Story for the Genesis. It still haunts me. :(

I eventually got the game later on and it was awesome!

Alienous

1182.gif

Gbraga

That's really really awesome from EA, but I still can't help but feel bad for the kid. Why would they do that to him in the first place? EA shouldn't have to step in and do this, I'm happy they did, but it's shitty they had to.

Audioboxer

Why? I'm pleased the kid got a good result but please don't pretend that this was uppermost in EA's strategy.

The alternative is they don't do anything, so who cares about the PR in this situation? Even if they silently gave the kid that bundle he would probably end up on a blog or his parents/family telling a local radio station which would end up being spread about online anyway.

AlexMogil

Such amazing PR.

The PS4 (the current favourite among gamers and mainstream alike), the placement alongside the EA logo, the imagery of a child wronged and possibly crying. You literally can't buy this kind of PR.

Sure you can. $600 is all it takes and you got lightning in a bottle. Isn't it funny how the forced marketing sometimes falls so flat on its face but this burns so brightly? I *think* everybody wins. Except....

Not a prize imo

WARRIOR

In the video they say both the kid and the other guy will win the prize so what is the big deal?
Because the 10 yr old didn't get the prize that was originally up for grabs. Instead they gave him a DVD and music CD - not a copy of the game. They gave that to the other kid. But the 10 yr old was the rightful winner, he should have gotten it automatically no matter what fucking jersey he was wearing.

Because the 10 yr old didn't get the prize that was originally up for grabs. Instead they gave him a DVD and music CD - not a copy of the game. They gave that to the other kid. But the 10 yr old was the rightful winner, he should have gotten it automatically no matter what fucking jersey he was wearing.

Oh I didn't know they got different prizes. Carry on then.

Top Bottom