• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid cheated out of a copy of Madden for wearing the wrong jersey; EA gives him a PS4

TI82

Banned
It is kind of amusing that EA has spotted this opportunity to lob grenades at Ubisoft and try to reform their image since everyone hates Ubi now.

Not even lobbing grenades they just... Act normal?

I mean we got dragon age inquisition from them this year and its actually good.
Then mirrors edge 2 was announced. Battlefield 4 was supposedly fixed (Dont like this series so I dunno). Star wars stuff. Plants vs zombies garden warfare is spectacular.

Only bad thing this year from them I remember is hardline lol. So to be regarded as a good company you just have to... Be good.

EA trying to get on our good side again? Well, we have UBI now.

It is kind of amusing that EA has spotted this opportunity to lob grenades at Ubisoft and try to reform their image since everyone hates Ubi now. That said, good on EA.

When I was in grade school there was this kid who was a total prick. He did and said mean things, and nobody really liked him. After a year or two you could tell he started to regret his behavior, but there didn't seem to be anything he could do to change his perception with the other kids.

A few months later, this new kid transferred in from another district who managed to be even more of a prick. The first kid saw a golden opportunity and started being nice to the other kids. Slowly but surely, his reputation became more positive and he eventually found a group of other kids to have lunch with.

The end.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Shitty thing to do by the Cowboys people.. you can't take it away when he already won.

Good on EA.. he's a fucking kid.. don't be an asshole.

zidigan

My question is... did the MC go in and ref the game later? Because if he did, that would definitely explain a lot. (Not even a Lions fan personally)

Flunkie

Banned
That's huge. Last gen the 360 was the go-to Madden platform, all the tournaments they held were 360-based and stuff. EA are basically associating PS4 with Madden with this.

Yoday

That is a super shitty thing to do to a kid. Not only did they cheat him out of the prize, but they also humiliated him up on stage. It takes a lot of guts as a kid to go up on stage and do something like that to begin with, and you could tell the kid was nervous. To single the kid out, make fun of him in front of a crowd, and then strip him of his prize is pretty fucking despicable. Good on EA for doing this. It may be just a PR stunt for them, but it brought a bright side to a really shitty situation for a ten year old.

That's huge. Last gen the 360 was the go-to Madden platform, all the tournaments they held were 360-based and stuff. EA are basically associating PS4 with Madden with this.

Or they're just giving the kid a PS4 because the contest at the football game was for Madden for PS4.

slit

So an ADULT cheats a little kid out of a prize because he's wear the wrong jersey?

Yeah they must be regular fucktards.

Edit: Wait after watching the video they gave both the prize, so it's not as bad as I thought.

Its kind of hilarious that they didn't send him the madden Xbox one bundle.

PE5blK3.gif

Holy shit the dead spin comments section is toxic haha

Good on you EA. Maybe I won't vote for you for shittiest company in America XD

Chindogg

Great job Cowboys fans making EA look better than you guys.

Looking forward to watching the Cowboys get blown out by Green Bay this weekend!

Cipherr

Cowboys played the Lions. Dude had a Lions jersey on. He had the "wrong" jersey on (because Dallas is a terrible place) and so they wouldn't let him win.

Jesus Christ, what kind of asshole does that to a CHILD. Its not like he even pays for his own clothing at that age....

Douchebags....

Good on EA

as much as the two companys are bullshit, Ubisoft of a way better collection of good games than EA.....Ehhhh.....I think?

Zetta

Good on EA.I was sad for the kid but not by a lot until I saw the picture of the kid holding the Adam West batman dvd, I thought he received the animated series.

KaYotiX

Banned
Another reason to hate the Cowboys :)

SUPER dick move though, really going to drag a kid down because of a football game? Some people need to never reproduce.

Not even lobbing grenades they just... Act normal?

I mean we got dragon age inquisition from them this year and its actually good.
Then mirrors edge 2 was announced. Battlefield 4 was supposedly fixed (Dont like this series so I dunno). Star wars stuff. Plants vs zombies garden warfare is spectacular.

Only bad thing this year from them I remember is hardline lol. So to be regarded as a good company you just have to... Be good.

But that invalidates the narrative.

First positive PR from EA in years...

Not really but sure let's go with that.

All this Cowboys hate lately is taking me back to the 90s. Good stuff. This is clearly some PR/Marketing idiot making a bad decision that they'll be reprimanded for.

Top Bottom