• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Cudi's debut album of Man on the Moon: The End of Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
outside of Hyyer ( the other guy just sucks and ruins the song sort of like every song Tony Yayo is on..) this CD is damn near flawless...every track is a good listen with some standouts like up up and away, sky might fall, heart of a lion, simple as, soundtrack of my life....

Cudi himself is pretty mediocre, his flow is kinda monotone but with the godmode production it fits and you never really ever go "I wish someone else was rappin on this track" because they probally wouldn't fit. sure his lyrics are ocassionally a bit eye rollingly bad or "emo" but once again it fits. It's not for everyone but it's my surprise of the year....very rarely do I find a CD that in it's entirety will go on my iphone...

once again You win this time hiphop gaf your taste for once wasn't too highbrow for my peon ears.

Ashhong

yea his flow while monotone, i think fits perfectly. at least his flow is smooth though. album is getting better and better

Ashhong

just realized Cudi is very similar to Drake in that he both "sings" and raps. difference is he doesnt talk about superficial shit to appease the mainstream. please accept Cudi America.

anybody notice "My World" has the same sample in the background as Run This Town from BP3? its subtle, and sounds like "work". i cant not hear it anymore :lol

ant1532

Banned
haven't finished yet but this shit is ridiculous. on the first nightmare. mr solo dolo.

oooohhh woooohhhh ohhhhh, WHY MUST IT, FEEL SO RIGHT, WHEN I KNOW ITS WRONG.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Ashhong said:
just realized Cudi is very similar to Drake in that he both "sings" and raps. difference is he doesnt talk about superficial shit to appease the mainstream. please accept Cudi America.

Expect shitty album sales because of this.

Ashhong

Black_Ice said:
Expect shitty album sales because of this.

already am, although i think he might have gained enough status from Day n Nite to get some sales.

ant1532 said:
cudi wins.

man on the moon>only buily 4 cuban linx 2>blueprint3

oh i thought you were hating the album from the previous post

somebody tell me a better hip hop album than this that came out this year so i can experience a great album. this is my hip hop album of the year as far as i know

crustikid

album of the year for me. imo. i mean the phoenix album was too short/redundant...dirty projectors and bibio are #2 and #3 for me.

Ashhong

crustikid said:
album of the year for me. imo. i mean the phoenix album was too short/redundant...dirty projectors and bibio are #2 and #3 for me.

props, speed racer. what is he saying there?

near

Gold Member
Fuck! The album got leaked. :(

Anyway, listening to it, and it's the best album I've heard in the last few years. So many tracks on here are worth awards, it's hard to single out any of them.

Jay Sosa

Ashhong said:

Drake's a way better rapper, technically speaking. I like Cudi too but he's really nothing special as an mc. That doesn't mean he's not an great artist though, just saying.

Ashhong

Jay Sosa said:
Drake's a way better rapper, technically speaking. I like Cudi too but he's really nothing special as an mc. That doesn't mean he's not an great artist though, just saying.

i dont think Cudi is a great mc either, but drake? granted i need to listen to his mixtape still. i just cant stand Best She Ever Had and hear no talent in it.

crustikid

Ashhong said:
:lol

the only ones im not loving yet are Solo Dolo, Enter Galactic and Hyyerr. impressive out of a 16 track cd

O_O german deluxe version has 4 extra tracks, one including Wale

whuttttt. guess i'll listen to it after i wear out the main stuff. i heard he wants to do a full ratatat/kid cudi album....i'm a big ratatat fan, pursuit of happiness is good for now.

also, doesnt the "my world" track have a part that sounds like that smashing pumpkins song off the watchmen trailer?

Jay Sosa

i dont think Cudi is a great mc either, but drake? granted i need to listen to his mixtape still. i just cant stand Best She Ever Had and hear no talent in it.

Well he's no Nas either but "So Far Gone" is really worth a listen. What I like about Drake is his nice flow and his punches. And off course his versatility, always a sucker for rappers who sing their own hooks (thats why I listen to a lot of houston rap like Trae and Z-ro)

near

Gold Member
"You don't really care about the trials of tomorrow,
rather lay awake in the bath full of sorrow."

In the context of the song... the man is genius.

Bowser

Ashhong said:
:lol

the only ones im not loving yet are Solo Dolo, Enter Galactic and Hyyerr. impressive out of a 15 track cd

O_O german deluxe version has 4 extra tracks, one including Wale. oh, theyre mixtape tracks

You don't like Enter Galactic? I love that song, so damn catchy. Good clubish song.

Ashhong said:

You're basing your opinion on Drake's worth as a rapper on one song? Do you think that's really fair? I love CuDi, but Drake's a better rapper.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:

Agree with the first part only. As a straight RAPPER, Drake > CuDi. As a MUSICIAN I like CuDi more. Personal preference.

ant1532 said:
haven't finished yet but this shit is ridiculous. on the first nightmare. mr solo dolo.

oooohhh woooohhhh ohhhhh, WHY MUST IT, FEEL SO RIGHT, WHEN I KNOW ITS WRONG.

Fuck YES.
SOOOOARING THROUGH, PARADISE, WHEN I'M CLOSING MY EYES. OH. I'M. MR. SOLO DOLO.

Tokubetsu

Hip Hop GAF really came together and got folks to give Cudi a spin! brings a tear to my eye. Definitely making a great hip hip albums of 09 thread closer to the new year (hopefully we'll have a new Lupe by then too).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tokubetsu said:
Hip Hop GAF really came together and got folks to give Cudi a spin! brings a tear to my eye. Definitely making a great hip hip albums of 09 thread closer to the new year (hopefully we'll have a new Lupe by then too).

If CuDi + Lupe + Drake made a song I would cry. Cry longer if produced by Kanye.

Ashhong

Bowser said:
You don't like Enter Galactic? I love that song, so damn catchy. Good clubish song.

You're basing your opinion on Drake's worth as a rapper on one song? Do you think that's really fair? I love CuDi, but Drake's a better rapper.

im not feeling the chorus on Enter Galactic just yet, maybe in time. and yea its not fair to judge Drake completely yet. although i dont like his verse on Forever either.

glad that this album is getting love by everyone. a Cudi + Common + Lupe + Kanye song would make me orgasm till the end of the month.

beanoboy7

farfromfinished said:
Album of the year. I'm calling it right fucking now. :D

Jay-z%20Blueprint3.JPG

near

Gold Member
I doubt any album releasing or released this year will be remotely close to Cudi's masterpiece. Can't wait for the Man on the Moon to rain on everyone at the grammys.

beanoboy7

Ashhong said:
not even clooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose

You've got to be kidding me?

Cudi's album isn't even close to HOV's "Blueprint 3" and before anyone else call's Cudi's album a masterpiece take a listen to Mos Def's "The Ecstatic"

Bowser

BP3 is a good album, but it seemed really cookie cutter to me. I only really enjoyed 4-5 of the tracks. Again, it's not bad by any means, but def not AotY worthy.

thetechkid

beanoboy7 said:

Cudi's album isn't even close to HOV's "Blueprint 3" and before anyone else call's Cudi's album a masterpiece take a listen to Mos Def's "The Ecstatic"

*listens to Mos Def -The Ecstatic*

Cudi's Album is better than Blueprint 3.

Near said:
I doubt any album releasing or released this year will be remotely close to Cudi's masterpiece. Can't wait for the Man on the Moon to rain on everyone at the grammys.
Lupe drops LASERS in december

Ashhong

beanoboy7 said:

i like Ecstatic, but i like the production in MOTM more. i honestly dont know how you can feel BP3 is better. i cant even listen to half of the tracks, but that may be because i hate Jay's voice.

GodfatherX said:
Lupe drops LASERS in december

oh god...cannot wait

thetechkid

Near said:
Will it really though? Wasn't this album suppose to release ages ago?

Lupe was going to do LupE.N.D. sometime in the middle of the year, then he was made to do 3 more albums by his production company, aka the first being Lasers. It was pushed to December so he could do this album instead of sticking with the time for LupE.N.D..

Testicular Sound Express said:
this album is decent, but in a few months no one will care.

I don't understand why this matters? I've heard this used as a way to bash an album but why should the fact that an album won't be talked about a few months later be a way of showing how good it was? In a few months a new CD will be out and of course you won't be talking about this CD, when Lupe comes out it's gonna be awesome but then a few months later nothing... I loved his last few CD's but I don't listen to them everyday....

that's a shitty way of evaluating a CD's worth.

Ashhong

Knux-Future said:
I don't understand why this matters? I've heard this used as a way to bash an album but why should the fact that an album won't be talked about a few months later be a way of showing how good it was? In a few months a new CD will be out and of course you won't be talking about this CD, when Lupe comes out it's gonna be awesome but then a few months later nothing... I loved his last few CD's but I don't listen to them everyday....

you stop listening to good cds after a few months? i still put on The Cool and
Taylor Swfit's Fearless

besides, what he meant was in 1 week noone will care

Knux-Future said:

I listen to CD's I like every few months for years...

thetechkid

Knux-Future said:

No it's not, a good way to evaluate if a Cd was good is how long it's still remembered. People don't go around talking about mediocre albums, but they do talk about and compare new albums to older ones that stick out as MEMORABLE FOR BEING GOOD. And yeah I still listen to almost all of Lupe's stuff alot, mostly his mixtapes(A Rhyming Ape is my favorite mixtapes of all times).

i see were your coming from but mediocre or not BP3 will be talked about just because it's Jay-Z.

also I don't listen to the cool for a few reasons 1.I lost it. 2. I listen to it non-stop but I'll go back to it when/if I find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom