• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

The Flash

Banned
2 months isn't so bad of a wait. :)

Hmm. Is Season 2 worth an additional OT should the time rears it's head? Or do we keep KI chit-chat to here?

Make a new one of course :) They plan on adding a lot of stuff so it'll practically be a different game anyways.

2 months isn't so bad of a wait. :)

Hmm. Is Season 2 worth an additional OT should the time rears it's head? Or do we keep KI chit-chat to here?

But even then, I doubt a new character will show up from the beginning. D: Plus i'm expecting some 'vampire' character. >
>

Mmm. I'd expect a new OT since the plan with Killer Instinct Season 2 will add a whole bunch of content to the game. Not only that, there will possibly be a design for the menu/UI, etc.

Which would make the game even more fresh, plus I expect it to look amazing with the job that Iron Galaxy has done for Third Strike, along with the best one.. Darkstalkers: Resurrection. *0*

Dai101

Banned
Anyone know where the NCR KI top 8 will be streamed?

In the NCR thread:

U0riPgO.jpg

In IPW

http://www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner

dankir

In SF, it makes a huge difference. In KI though, not so much.

Yeah most people end Ultra's early so it's just a different set of attack animations?? That's wierd.

I'm hoping they have new character entrances or special rival entrances something to mix it up a bit.

what exactly is wrong with Sadira? I haven't really played her yet too much so I don't know. I really only play Orchid.
I think she got bumped up because they really needed female characters.

Synth

what exactly is wrong with Sadira? I haven't really played her yet too much so I don't know. I really only play Orchid.
I think she got bumped up because they really needed female characters.

Her mechanics are at odds with those of the rest of the characters in the game. She is encouraged to remain airborne at all times, whilst other characters generally don't have many options for damaging an airborne opponent. If she tags you from the air it leads into a combo, whereas if you tag her in the air it'll simply lead to a knockdown, after which you'll make an attempt to keep her grounded. She's just really not a very fun character to fight against because her core mechanic makes her inherently annoying to face, even if you're winning.

At least that's my take on her. I would have rather had literally any other character return in her place.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Well, Max beat Arcade on Kyle difficulty and nearly died. Grats dude.
I wonder if Shadow Jago is always set to the highest difficulty, even when playing arcade mode on medium. Did he seem more difficult to beat or have different patterns on Kyle than on medium?

.la1n

Well, Max beat Arcade on Kyle difficulty and nearly died. Grats dude.

Saw that, good stuff. Also brought up something I had not noticed since I never play single player but you can't character select after losing. Fix that. It's been a normal part of fighting games for over a decade now.

DrDogg

Her mechanics are at odds with those of the rest of the characters in the game. She is encouraged to remain airborne at all times, whilst other characters generally don't have many options for damaging an airborne opponent. If she tags you from the air it leads into a combo, whereas if you tag her in the air it'll simply lead to a knockdown, after which you'll make an attempt to keep her grounded. She's just really not a very fun character to fight against because her core mechanic makes her inherently annoying to face, even if you're winning.

At least that's my take on her. I would have rather had literally any other character return in her place.

Pretty much this...

Kriaser

You forget she's also the only one of the cast that has zero wake up options against a meaty attack that hits mid/high, even with meter. Basically, knock her down once and keep pressure and she's dead. Although, in reality, it's a bit more complicated than that.

Synth

You forget she's also the only one of the cast that has zero wake up options against a meaty attack that hits mid/high, even with meter. Basically, knock her down once and keep pressure and she's dead. Although, in reality, it's a bit more complicated than that.

Well, that's pretty much what I meant by "attempt to keep her grounded". I don't feel that a character should only not be annoying to play against if you manage to completely disable your opponent. That's either a shit match for you, or a shit match for them. Both indicate that it's a shit character.

Basically whenever Sadira's up.. someone's not going to be having any fun.

Naa, they should definitely come back. Sure they'd need some new things, and a good redesign. But they should definitely stay, especially with Tusk. Him having a giant sword could play out in many ways.

I just hate that it'll be even longer before we see a new group of characters.

I don't give a shit about Maya, but Tusk re-imagined could be cool. Make his sword in to a huge two handed broadsword and make him a slower heavy hitter with range. It could be cool.

EDIT: Looking at some old Maya footage, she could be cool too. Totally forgot she used double daggers.

Anyone know if they will consider a 1080p patch? The guys at Titanfall are looking into it so i wonder if someone ever asked the devs on the stream?

.la1n

Anyone know if they will consider a 1080p patch? The guys at Titanfall are looking into it so i wonder if someone ever asked the devs on the stream?

I believe it was asked a few times and the general consensus was that the game will remain 720p so they will always be able to keep the frame rate at a locked 60fps. Much more important in a fighting game than resolution bumps.

I think they've mentioned it one time or another, but honestly I'd rather them work on basically anything else. I sold TitanFall but when I had it is was plagued with screen tearing and FPS dips...KI runs incredibly smooth and that's all I care about.

The Flash

Banned
I don't give a shit about Maya, but Tusk re-imagined could be cool. Make his sword in to a huge two handed broadsword and make him a slower heavy hitter with range. It could be cool.

EDIT: Looking at some old Maya footage, she could be cool too. Totally forgot she used double daggers.

If I was in charge of redesigning Maya I'd drop the whole jungle girl getup and make her into a DC style Amazon. Or at the very least have a new character like that and would look something like this. I also think an Egyptian Pharaoh/God type character would be cool.
KffD6PN.jpg
image.jpg

If I was in charge of redesigning Maya I'd drop the whole jungle girl getup and make her into a DC style Amazon. Or at the very least have a new character like that and would look something like this. I also think an Egyptian Pharaoh/God type character would be cool.

I think they should keep it in the jungle girl range, just drop the Flinstones-ish cave girl schtick. Make her a feral jungle tribal Amazon chick with double daggers that plays extremely wild and fast. Make her almost crazy looking like she was raised by sabertooth tigers and wears face paint and has dreadlocks.

Like maybe something close to Aela from Skyrim except no armor and more "jungley".

I just realized if Kim Wu gets her horizontal projectile (air) back, that could be good againat Sadira.

Edit: I also want another grappler, that has anti-air grabs.

DrDogg

Spinal has no wake-up either, but I don't think it's a big problem for Sadira. She has so many other options, it's hard to keep her down. It's kind of like people saying Sabrewulf owns Glacius at close range... they completely ignore the fact that Glacius has better close range evasion tools than most other characters, so it's actually harder for Sabrewulf to stay close.

Kriaser

Spinal has no wake-up either, but I don't think it's a big problem for Sadira. She has so many other options, it's hard to keep her down. It's kind of like people saying Sabrewulf owns Glacius at close range... they completely ignore the fact that Glacius has better close range evasion tools than most other characters, so it's actually harder for Sabrewulf to stay close.

Spinal has plenty of wake up options. Just not amazing ones like a DP.
Shadow Searing Skull has complete invincibility for the first 3 or so initial frames, but the i-frames wear off before the attack comes out. It's still a good wake up option against a majority of meatys, plus it makes his slide safe.
Teleports work against jump ins and cross ups, you just need to know how to adjust your motions.
Shadow Sword Swing Thingy is mid/upper body invincible for 9 frames.
Shadow Bone Rush is throw invincible.

As for the Sabre to Glac comparison, that's not really accurate at all in Sadira's case. Sadira only has low crush moves, not anything with actual i-frames. Glacius actually has puddle punch and Shadow Hail which give him great options against close range. Sadira has a good jab and low crush. Meatys destroy her world and make her very susceptible to frame traps.

But as we all know, keeping Sadira grounded is the issue at hand. The follow up after grounding her is what I'm talking about is the easy part for a mix up.

.la1n

Not sure if intentional or a slip up but it seems the introductory paragraph to this interview with Mike reveals Season 2 will release later this year:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/games-killer-instinct-mlg

Wasn't sure if we had any other confirmations that we'd see Season 2 this year, I know there was some worry whether it would hit that soon with the changing of developers seemingly coming in late this year.

Top Bottom