• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

I call dibs on Thunder! :3

mrYb5Jl.png

Skab

If I am not mistaken, that's is the guy who was doing sprites for Max's subscriber icons. You'll be able to use those on twitch.

hwalker84

Finally beat Shadow Jago last night. I couldn't do it with my main Orchid. Had to use Jago then after 10 times cheesed him to a win.

Coda

I can honestly say that I was skeptical of the CronusMax but after setting it up and getting it working, it works amazing with no input lag.

KI_zpscb04521b.jpg

I started playing with my stick at first but ended up switching to my PS2 Saturn pad (I have a 360 converter for it) and love playing KI with it more than my stick. KI just feels like a pad game to me because of how the combos are structured (of course if you have a great pad to play it with). It just feels nice to finally be playing KI the right way.

I also love playing Orchid and I love her combo flow but Sabrewulf is disgusting good. LIke I don't know if he needs a nerf or something but he's kinda unstoppable in the right hands. Even when I switched to using him online I would destroy people, it's just not fun though because it seems too easy to do so, I like Orchid because she's a challenge.

Umm so is there any way to beat Shadow Jago with Spinal or am I fucked

You have to abuse the Skeleport pretty hard to even have a chance. The hardest part is getting and keeping enough skulls to be able to use the Skeleport cancel move.

Just do your best to play defensively. Absorb his move for skulls if you can. Otherwise always try to block. It seems obvious but he's so aggressive that you'll be getting tons of meter in the fight.

Once you have meter and skulls Skeleport behind him and cancel into a Shadow move. I used Shadow Soul Sword but I'm guessing Shadow Searing Skull would work as well. Generally that will be where the majority of your damage comes from.

There's also a neat little trick I figured out while fighting him. He won't really punish the slide kick. What I did pretty regularly was slide into him and then instantly go for a throw. He'll usually tech the throw but you can use this to keep him locked down for a few seconds and the occasional throw will even go through. After doing this about 2-4 times though he'll generally react to it, jump away and go on the offensive again.

Aside from that, the rest is really luck based. It took me 16 tries to finally beat him and that was because he actually made a couple mistakes. There might be other methods of beating him but that's what worked for me.

(there are spoilers at the end of the fight if you haven't seen the special ending yet) not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KAEweVyoFE

Unfortunately this method doesn't work with Spinal. His low kick is just too slow.

Nemesis_

Thanks guys! I'm happy to report that I beat him but it was a semi-legit way. I had to abuse some of the shortcomings of the AI but I eventually got there.

Basically what I did was build distance between me and him. It makes him fire fireballs. Then I would absorb them. SJ seemed to just keep throwing them. When I stopped absorbing, he would either slide kick or wind kick(?) towards me. If it was a wind kick, I would throw him and throw a skull - which always seemed to hit him on wake up.

If it was a slide, I would jump or use Shadow Skeleport. It almost always hit him.

So yeah, it was a very long battle, but I got there.

Are the instructions on how to UNLOCK HIM for real in that video though? He is unlockable?

hwalker84

Thanks guys! I'm happy to report that I beat him but it was a semi-legit way. I had to abuse some of the shortcomings of the AI but I eventually got there.

Basically what I did was build distance between me and him. It makes him fire fireballs. Then I would absorb them. SJ seemed to just keep throwing them. When I stopped absorbing, he would either slide kick or wind kick(?) towards me. If it was a wind kick, I would throw him and throw a skull - which always seemed to hit him on wake up.

If it was a slide, I would jump or use Shadow Skeleport. It almost always hit him.

So yeah, it was a very long battle, but I got there.

Are the instructions on how to UNLOCK HIM for real in that video though? He is unlockable?
They only way to get him is through the day one edition Xbox live at this time. He is currently a mirror of Jago though.

mdsfx

Ugh, I hate Shadow Jago. Beat him with Sadira only after 15-17 attempts by timeout in a very tedious match. He breaks everything, counters every throw, and doesnt screw around when delivering damage. Crazy hard for me.

Durock

So I'm experiencing a weird bug. I beat the game with Spinal, unlocking his first ending. During the ending cutscene, the game froze so I had to reboot. Rebooted the game, went to cinematics and saw it had still unlocked, tried watching, and it freezes still on the exact same spot on the cutscene. Anyone had any similar experiences?

DC R1D3R

Banned
I can honestly say that I was skeptical of the CronusMax but after setting it up and getting it working, it works amazing with no input lag.

KI_zpscb04521b.jpg

I started playing with my stick at first but ended up switching to my PS2 Saturn pad (I have a 360 converter for it) and love playing KI with it more than my stick. KI just feels like a pad game to me because of how the combos are structured (of course if you have a great pad to play it with). It just feels nice to finally be playing KI the right way.

I also love playing Orchid and I love her combo flow but Sabrewulf is disgusting good. LIke I don't know if he needs a nerf or something but he's kinda unstoppable in the right hands. Even when I switched to using him online I would destroy people, it's just not fun though because it seems too easy to do so, I like Orchid because she's a challenge.

i agree wholeheartedly.....if you're in two minds....don't!

hwalker84

I'd be willing to sell my cronusmax. I only used it two times but was so used to the Xbox one controller that i had to go back to it.

Coda

I'm in between getting different interwebs and I'm pretty bummed I can't just boot up Arcade Mode or the Dojo even though I'm signed in, just not online. Microsoft, why do you destroy me sometimes?

Skab

He's composing DOOM?

I don't think he is, but Ihonestly don't know. To me that seems like something iD would be able to take care of instead of out sourcing it to someone like Mick.

More reason to think it's all for Season 2, I guess?

Synth

I don't think he is, but Ihonestly don't know. To me that seems like something iD would be able to take care of instead of out sourcing it to someone like Mick.

More reason to think it's all for Season 2, I guess?

Why would id not have him do the music for DooM?

They've pretty much always brought in outside help for DooM and Quake soundtracks. Trent Reznor, Sonic Mayhem, Front Line Assembly, Tweaker. It wouldn't be that strange.

Spades

Haven't played this in ages. Need to dust off my TE2 and get some matches in on the weekend. Haven't even tried Fulgore yet.

Skab

Why would id not have him do the music for DooM?

They've pretty much always brought in outside help for DooM and Quake soundtracks. Trent Reznor, Sonic Mayhem, Front Line Assembly, Tweaker. It wouldn't be that strange.

Doom stuff has always been id, hasn't it? Did they have an outside composer do Doom 3?

And just because Mick is doing Wolf doesn't mean id would use him, since they're not even the ones making Wolf in the first place.

Obviously could be wrong though.

.la1n

They need to get Trent working on the soundtrack, his Quake stuff was god tier. I think Mick would do a great job as well, although hopefully he is busy with Season 2 of KI right now.

Synth

Doom stuff has always been id, hasn't it? Did they have an outside composer do Doom 3?

And just because Mick is doing Wolf doesn't mean id would use him, since they're not even the ones making Wolf in the first place.

Obviously could be wrong though.

Doom 3 was Tweaker (along with Quake 4 afaik), who took over after things with Trent didn't pan out. I'm not saying that its especially likely that Mick would be working on Doom, but there's nothing really to suggest that the music would be done in house, since that hasn't been the case since the first Quake.

The Flash

Banned
My wallet got stolen the other day so I'm going to the DMV now to get a new drivers license. Wearing my Combo Breaker t-shirt since it's not everyday that you get a new ID picture taken.

Top Bottom