• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

sadira's alt is up

BmkNrkjCMAAnCLP.png

Looks like a zombie Ada[from RE]

Synth

sadira's alt is up

BmkNrkjCMAAnCLP.png

I didn't really think much of what I saw of the ingame model before. But at the very least, I like how it looks here.

My wallet got stolen the other day so I'm going to the DMV now to get a new drivers license. Wearing my Combo Breaker t-shirt since it's not everyday that you get a new ID picture taken.

lol awesome (not the wallet being stolen... it wasn't me...)

.la1n

Oh cool never noticed a brightness setting before so must be new (or I completely missed it previously.) Sadira's alts are alright, I like her OG costume a lot though.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I dig Tank Girl Sadira, its refreshing whenever I actually like an accessory set lol.

Jinroh

Guys, I have a curious issue. I finally received my second hand xbox one console, and first thing I did is go to the store to download Killer Instinct. I didn't see any option to buy it in the store, only one to install it, which I clicked on.

After I finally launched the game, I had multiple pop up windows saying my ultimate edition unlocked this and that bonus costume and accessory. Turns out that out of the blue the ultimate edition is unlocked.

I was afraid it was bought from some reasons because of a wrong manipulation, but when I go to my account transaction history, it's empty.

It's really weird. Does anyone have an idea why this game has been unlocked for apparently free on my console?

edit: Ok turns out the previous owner of the console bought it with Ryse, and even though he restored the console before I bought it from him I have access to these games for free. So apparently games are linked to the console ID and not the account... That's really weird.

Synth

Guys, I have a curious issue. I finally received my second hand xbox one console, and first thing I did is go to the store to download Killer Instinct. I didn't see any option to buy it in the store, only one to install it, which I clicked on.

After I finally launched the game, I had multiple pop up windows saying my ultimate edition unlocked this and that bonus costume and accessory. Turns out that out of the blue the ultimate edition is unlocked.

I was afraid it was bought from some reasons because of a wrong manipulation, but when I go to my account transaction history, it's empty.

It's really weird. Does anyone have an idea why this game has been unlocked for apparently free on my console?

edit: Ok turns out the previous owner of the console bought it with Ryse, and even though he restored the console before I bought it from him I have access to these games for free. So apparently games are linked to the console ID and not the account... That's really weird.

That console will have a valid license unless the previous owner sets another Xbox One as his home console. So basically you're good to go until some random point in time where the previous owner decides to transfer the license from that console.

tapedeck

Welp, just lost 3 ranks in half an hour by barely losing to the absolute cheapest shit. I really need to learn how to beat some of the cheese in this game. Fucking Sadiras JUMP JUMP JUMP HP AIR WEB JUMP JUMP JUMP HP AIR WEB till I want to throw my television.

/salt

Welp, just lost 3 ranks in half an hour by barely losing to the absolute cheapest shit. I really need to learn how to beat some of the cheese in this game. Fucking Sadiras JUMP JUMP JUMP HP AIR WEB JUMP JUMP JUMP HP AIR WEB till I want to throw my television.

/salt

I know exactly how you feel man, i've been there with Jagos before. Sadira is pretty annoying too, i just don't see her as often.

btags

/salt

I know that feel bro.

B00TE

Got an Xbone last weekend pretty much for this, just been having an absolute blast. Took me awhile to stop playing it like Street Fighter and get used to the combo system, but once it clicked, it was just amazing. Maining Orchid and playing some Jago on the side, though I really need to figure out how to get in/poke with orchid a lot better. Once I'm in, I can mix up pretty well, though I still drop combos from time to time.

Also just started playing online exhibition, this netcode is wonderful most of the time.

DrDogg

I wish they didn't make Fulgore the way they did. Totally changes how you have to play.

I don't understand why the Reactor meter isn't separate from the Shadow meter. All of his Shadow abilities should be just like every other member of the cast. It's only the beam and special cancels that should be locked behind the Reactor.

Make that one change and I would really enjoy playing him.

.la1n

I don't understand why the Reactor meter isn't separate from the Shadow meter. All of his Shadow abilities should be just like every other member of the cast. It's only the beam and special cancels that should be locked behind the Reactor.

Confuses me why they went with that as well. Shadow moves locked behind the reactor makes no sense.

tapedeck

Confuses me why they went with that as well. Shadow moves locked behind the reactor makes no sense.
I agree, that or maybe give him some other type of way to build meter other than charging or triple doubles. Perhaps give his charge move some projectile/special move absorb functionality like Spinal..one pip per hit or whatever..that would negate his long range ineptitudes (especially against Jago). Doing this would be a gigantic buff though, who knows that one change could potentially make him completely OP lol. Either way he needs something.

DrDogg

double post, but yolo

zp79SMm.png

also if you have questions for the stream they can be posted here: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/...media_and_announcements/f/4635/t/1748933.aspx

I assume "concept" means artwork and not a completed move set or anything. I wasn't disappointed in the way Spinal and Fulgore look (or any of the cast really), it's how they play that has me booting up the game less and less, still lacking a main character to use.

Give me frame trap heavy Combo with no gimmicks to use his full arsenal of moves (Reactor meter, skulls) and I don't care if he wears lipstick and pumps.

.la1n

Hopefully it's just one of the concepts and there are characters already in production, otherwise I don't see how they would be targeting 2014 for Season 2. That would mean they aren't even as far along as DH was at this point last year.

Hopefully it's just one of the concepts and there are characters already in production, otherwise I don't see how they would be targeting 2014 for Season 2. That would be mean they aren't even as far along as DH was at this point last year.

With season 2 they are treating it like the first right? A character and features and reveals separately?

.la1n

With season 2 they are treating it like the first right? A character and features and reveals separately?

Right. So theoretically they could release two characters this year and they still technically made the deadline of Season 2 in 2014 but I would imagine they would want substantially more content available upfront or nobody would buy it. I know I wouldn't be ready to pay down on Season 2 if all I am getting day one is two or three characters and ultimate finishers.

Top Bottom