• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Right. So theoretically they could release two characters this year and they still technically made the deadline of Season 2 in 2014 but I would imagine they would want substantially more content available upfront or nobody would buy it. I know I wouldn't be ready to pay down on Season 2 if all I am getting day one is two or three characters and ultimate finishers.

I wonder if they will have something where you pay up front and get all the content eventually for season 2 as it releases.

The Flash

Banned
double post, but yolo

zp79SMm.png

also if you have questions for the stream they can be posted here: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/...media_and_announcements/f/4635/t/1748933.aspx

tumblr_static_d1km3ig8lb4k8gswc4goosww4.gif

Me thinks it will be Riptor

.la1n

I wonder if they will have something where you pay up front and get all the content eventually for season 2 as it releases.

It will be the same as season 1 as far as I know, pay for the various packages and you will receive content as it's released.

DrDogg

I wonder if they will show multiple characters at E3 or just one.

I'm guessing 2-3 characters at E3, then 1 more shown off at Evo.

Hopefully it's just one of the concepts and there are characters already in production, otherwise I don't see how they would be targeting 2014 for Season 2. That would mean they aren't even as far along as DH was at this point last year.

I've got to imagine DH had a few characters out of the concept stage by the time IG took over. So even from the very beginning of IG development they shouldn't have been starting from scratch.

I really hope we get at least a tentative release window for the first batch of characters though. I don't think they need to launch S2 with 6 like DH did with S1. I think a 3 character launch is fine if it's early enough in the year. Maybe July or August for the first 3 characters, then 1 every other month until the full season is done? If it was July, I'd be okay with a 2 character launch.

.la1n

I'm guessing 2-3 characters at E3, then 1 more shown off at Evo.

I've got to imagine DH had a few characters out of the concept stage by the time IG took over. So even from the very beginning of IG development they shouldn't have been starting from scratch.

I really hope we get at least a tentative release window for the first batch of characters though. I don't think they need to launch S2 with 6 like DH did with S1. I think a 3 character launch is fine if it's early enough in the year. Maybe July or August for the first 3 characters, then 1 every other month until the full season is done? If it was July, I'd be okay with a 2 character launch.

I don't feel very confident that they would have three characters ready to go in July or August unless they are much more efficient than DH was with Spinal and Fulgore. I do hope I am wrong though.

Skab

I don't feel very confident that they would have three characters ready to go in July or August unless they are much more efficient than DH was with Spinal and Fulgore. I do hope I am wrong though.

There was nothing stopping IG from starting to work on Season 2 stuff while DH was still working on/finishing Season 1. MS new about the deal and stuff ahead of time.

.la1n

I like watching Max play any game but I miss when he used to stream KI ranked matches more often.

edit: and after saying that I see I missed his stream last night where he was doing KI ranked matches :) Something else I noticed was Fulgore's chest plate opening up when he is taking damage, pretty neat small detail I had completely missed when playing but noticed when watching.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Just fired the game up, damn her 4th set is pretty awesome, especially on Color 2.

El Sabroso

Do 360 arcade sticks work on XB1?

the XB1 can be turned on plugin your 360 stick by holding Home or Start button, however the stick/pad is turned off by the console itself

but 360 controllers are no compatible at all touse with the console as of right now, since these controllers are not compatible by software from what I see, there might be an update to enable them or as it was mentioned is up to the game developer to support it in the game

Has there been any word from anyone regarding if you can upgrade from the Combo Breaker to Ultra packages by paying another $20? Crazy they haven't implemented this yet!

.la1n

Has there been any word from anyone regarding if you can upgrade from the Combo Breaker to Ultra packages by paying another $20? Crazy they haven't implemented this yet!

I am thinking it isn't happening, they are deep into development of Season 2. I could see it being a possibility with Season 2 but seeing it pop for Season 1 at this point just doesn't seem likely.

I am thinking it isn't happening, they are deep into development of Season 2. I could see it being a possibility with Season 2 but seeing it pop for Season 1 at this point just doesn't seem likely.

I'm sorry to say it, but I think you are probably right. Still a bummer. Take it easy.

tapedeck

New Mick vine, not sure if KI, Cinder maybe? https://vine.co/v/MgUT15mZgwz

@Nethojs29: @Mick_Gordon so.. when will we hear dat Cinder or TJ combo theme? ;) (hoping they are next)

@Mick_Gordon: @Nethojs29 I have no idea what you're talking about. :)

Also..
@MHansenArt: @Ishmae1 Will there be any #killerinstinct news/reveals at #E32014 ??

@Ishmae1: @MHansenArt completely possible
Expected but still nice to get some hints.

DrDogg

New Mick vine, not sure if KI, Cinder maybe? https://vine.co/v/MgUT15mZgwz

Also..

Expected but still nice to get some hints.

They've already confirmed we'll get new stuff at E3 and Evo. Nice to get additional confirmation though. Again, I'm hoping for three characters at E3, then another one or maybe two at Evo.

second time he teases that theme (here is the first one), I think is for Wolfestein since he is working on that game too

Wolfenstein is completed so I don't think it would be that.

The first tease would definitely make me think it's Wolfenstein, but I could easily see that being Cinder as well. An E3 reveal of Cinder, Combo, and... Maya would be acceptable. I only say Maya because I think she's the least wanted KI2 character (general consensus) and you'd need to save something for the end of the season. I think Riptor may be last, and Tusk will probably be the last KI2 character released.

Just my guess though. But I better see Combo at E3... this is non-negotiable.

I wonder what the plans for reveal

As long as none of those mechanics involve having to "power up" I'm all for it. I really feel Spinal and Fulgore would be far better off without the power up mechanic. Spinal is hurt more so than Fulgore since Fulgore has great normals, but as I've mentioned before, Fulgore's shadow moves should be a normal meter, and Spinal... well I think given his current character type, just have him start with one skull and regenerate a single skull if he spends all of them. Maybe it would take 5 seconds to regenerate or something. Also, make his crouching medium kick a normal attack instead of a hard knockdown.

brettreyu

They've already confirmed we'll get new stuff at E3 and Evo. Nice to get additional confirmation though. Again, I'm hoping for three characters at E3, then another one or maybe two at Evo.

The first tease would definitely make me think it's Wolfenstein, but I could easily see that being Cinder as well. An E3 reveal of Cinder, Combo, and... Maya would be acceptable. I only say Maya because I think she's the least wanted KI2 character (general consensus) and you'd need to save something for the end of the season. I think Riptor may be last, and Tusk will probably be the last KI2 character released.

Just my guess though. But I better see Combo at E3... this is non-negotiable.

As long as none of those mechanics involve having to "power up" I'm all for it. I really feel Spinal and Fulgore would be far better off without the power up mechanic. Spinal is hurt more so than Fulgore since Fulgore has great normals, but as I've mentioned before, Fulgore's shadow moves should be a normal meter, and Spinal... well I think given his current character type, just have him start with one skull and regenerate a single skull if he spends all of them. Maybe it would take 5 seconds to regenerate or something. Also, make his crouching medium kick a normal attack instead of a hard knockdown.

Combo needs to be at E3 and he needs to be a charge character, shake up some of the gameplay mechanics for these characters a little. Hopefully IG has something in mind because as others have said Spinal and Fulgore just don't "feel" right.

tapedeck

It's for Wolf. Did you guys completely miss the description? May 20th is Wolfs release date.
I saw it, I just didnt think about Wolfenstein, oops. Either way who gives a fuck, based on his tweets I think we can confirm Mick is back and Cinder and Combo are first in line for S2. Excellent.

Top Bottom