• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
im very very glad sabrewulf's theme is over 9 minutes long

edit: woah the end aka the remake of the credits theme i guess? sounds like it could be amazing

.la1n

S2 early access was released exactly when they planned on releasing it. I'm still not getting your original point here?

Early access did actually release a day ahead of schedule, Microsoft put it up earlier than the team had planned. Nothing major though and I don't think TJ or the discount worked correctly until the actual planned launch day.

dankir

It was the evening before, not a day and a half. And that has no baring on when a trailer will be released on the web.

I was talking about early access I got it on the 21st, S2 Ultra pack was evening before like you said.

ANYWAYS!

dankir

Hey Dr. Dogg are you guys updating the KI eGuide? I was just checking and its still old info and is missing all the S2 updates

dankir

Any good tutorials for using S2 Sadira? She's my worst character, I can't get any sort of flow going with her.

On my way to 1300 / 1300, need the ranked wins with her.

It's not just a track list, there are samples of every song and confirmation of release through Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O64D9DQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

image.php

Any good tutorials for using S2 Sadira? She's my worst character, I can't get any sort of flow going with her.

On my way to 1300 / 1300, need the ranked wins with her.

Jump heavy kick is still damn good.

Utilise her web traps.

Learn her jump cancels

Poke as much as you want.

Be fast and go for mixups

Use her double jump to mess with the opponent.

.la1n

I hope the Microsoft guys announce a weekly stream again soon. I love the IG guys but their show was never meant to be weekly KI and I miss getting to see matches every week. By the way, Divekick this week no KI ;P

DrDogg

Hey Dr. Dogg are you guys updating the KI eGuide? I was just checking and its still old info and is missing all the S2 updates

I just put in an inquiry with the higher-ups. I'll relay any responses I get. I don't handle the official eGuide, just the website articles. Rip and Tom Brady did the guide.

bumpkin

It's not just a track list, there are samples of every song and confirmation of release through Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O64D9DQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I'm not sure what that link brings up for anyone else -- I get what looks like a busted HTML page without CSS -- but here's a better one below with the little preview/sample widgets:

http://www.amazon.com/Killer-Instinct-Season-Soundtrack-Original/dp/B00O64D9DQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1412787829&sr=1-1&keywords=killer+instinct+season+one

Six more days...

Thanks any good video guides? I can't find much.

Unfortunately no. All I can suggest is watch the top Killer Instinct guys on YouTube. Even then, since Season 2 changes have come into effect, everyone is pretty much re-learning their character. Not because of nerfs and buffs but mechanical changes. Sadiras webtraps for example are nowhere near as stupid or even game mechanic breaking(See free counter breaker). It's hard to say where to get into the character since new mechanics have been added.
Killer Instinct really doesn't have the dedication set towards it so guides are extremely hard to find. All I can suggest is actively talking on here and playing. Check out some top sadira players or top players in general like Grimmz, CStyle45, KI4Life and Max.

I could say how you can get some amazing setups from a heavy knock down, but since counter breakers now let your quick rise, Sadiras Oki' has now changed. The same with using her web traps, they have less trap stun and cannot be used as a free counter breaker, they now increase the KV meter pretty drastically.

Sorry if I'm not being helpful but this really is about adjusting to the changes.

hwalker84

Well it's not really even 7 days tbh. The update will probably be out monday night (since that's when most updates go out), and today's pretty much over. It's more like four and a half days lol

Well its scheduled for Wednesday and most of their updates happen the night prior.

DopeyFish

I say we make the new OT when the trailer comes out just so we have more information to present to others... because we don't know a lot.

.la1n

I say we make the new OT when the trailer comes out just so we have more information to present to others... because we don't know a lot.

Actually yeah now that you mention it we don't really know much at all about a game coming out in a few days. That doesn't happen much these days.

The OT right would be Killer Instinct Season 2: balance changes plus Maya! We also changed some UI graphics.

I'm okay with that but I think as an outsider that seems worse than even the usual street fighter revisions.

DrDogg

Actually yeah now that you mention it we don't really know much at all about a game coming out in a few days. That doesn't happen much these days.

The OT right would be Killer Instinct Season 2: balance changes plus Maya! We also changed some UI graphics.

I'm okay with that but I think as an outsider that seems worse than even the usual street fighter revisions.

I disagree. We know all of the S1 character changes, the UI changes, the in-game currency changes, and we know 5 of the 8 characters for S2. You've also got the release schedule for the characters and the inclusion of KI2 Classic with online play. Presumably, the only extra information we'll get from the trailer is the last few characters, and we may not even get all of those.

Sydle

I disagree. We know all of the S1 character changes, the UI changes, the in-game currency changes, and we know 5 of the 8 characters for S2. You've also got the release schedule for the characters and the inclusion of KI2 Classic with online play. Presumably, the only extra information we'll get from the trailer is the last few characters, and we may not even get all of those.

We do? Did someone figure out the two additional original characters?

DopeyFish

We don't know what stage ultras are yet...

Don't know what new modes they are adding... We know there's something coming near the end of the season that's amazing(keits suggesting).. But don't know what it is yet

We don't know what 4 characters are coming or what 6 of them bring to the table

A lot of stuff we don't really know yet

.la1n

I only know two characters, unless something is confirmed by the team I can only consider it speculation.

Skab

Maybe I'm missing something super obvious and sorry for being oblivious but did we get confirmation of another two?

There' s Combo and Maya. NotaMummy guy was revealed in an official trailer, and Aria was confirmed a very long time ago.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
There' s Combo and Maya. NotaMummy guy was revealed in an official trailer, and Aria was confirmed a very long time ago.
Was she confirmed playable though??

Id actually prefer if she wasnt playable..(or at least require some kind of hard to get secret unlock) and be a crazy powerful boss only type character.

Top Bottom