• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 |OT| You've got red on you.

So is PS4 getting the Summer event?

This game is so much fun. My most played plus game ever.

And it's so relaxing. Popping heads feels so good.

Last night in one of the matches my team had 3 bersekers, one swat and me as commando. By wave 4 i got a medic AR to keep those fools alive.
We made it to the boss and killed the motherfucker without casualties. And i broke my healing record.

Speaking about bosses, when it's the doctor it's almost always a wipe. The son of a bitch just won't die. He wins by sheer attrition. People run out of ammo or don't heal properly or get swarmed by thrash mobs.
The patriarch is so easier in comparison.

Not sure i've even beaten Doctor on hard yet

People need to catch on to watch out for the red blinking grenade markers. That could clear out half a team in one blast.

Gator86

This game is so much fun. My most played plus game ever.

And it's so relaxing. Popping heads feels so good.

Last night in one of the matches my team had 3 bersekers, one swat and me as commando. By wave 4 i got a medic AR to keep those fools alive.
We made it to the boss and killed the motherfucker without casualties. And i broke my healing record.

Speaking about bosses, when it's the doctor it's almost always a wipe. The son of a bitch just won't die. He wins by sheer attrition. People run out of ammo or don't heal properly or get swarmed by thrash mobs.
The patriarch is so easier in comparison.

This is definitely one of my favorite games so far this year which is ridiculous given the stuff that's come out since January. I hope they patch stuff quickly, stabilize the server issues, etc. The shooting and general feel of gameplay is absolutely terrific and some of the best in the entire genre.

A 3rd boss would be great too, especially with some tweaks to all bosses to reduce how spongey they are. The fights just aren't especially fun given how they really do usually turn into attrition contests.

I just need my teammates to stop continually getting trapped in corners with the big enemies so it's impossible to get heal darts on them. Don't run into corners and get trapped when there's a medic right beside you!

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
This is definitely one of my favorite games so far this year which is ridiculous given the stuff that's come out since January. I hope they patch stuff quickly, stabilize the server issues, etc. The shooting and general feel of gameplay is absolutely terrific and some of the best in the entire genre.

A 3rd boss would be great too, especially with some tweaks to all bosses to reduce how spongey they are. The fights just aren't especially fun given how they really do usually turn into attrition contests.

I just need my teammates to stop continually getting trapped in corners with the big enemies so it's impossible to get heal darts on them. Don't run into corners and get trapped when there's a medic right beside you!

we'll continue to support the game. have no fear of that :)

Gator86

[TW]Stone;240737544 said:

Great job with the Plus deal. I hope this game takes off from it Rocket League-style. It's perfectly suited for that.

Also, it would be great if you all could tweak the weapon switching somehow. It's grim when you're trying to switch between your primary weapons and you keep scrolling through your pistols and other garbage you've picked up. Maybe D-pad shortcuts, hold triangle for pistol, etc.

Umbooki

I've been trying to get in a Versus match for a while, but it seems like the game locks up on me once I get to the "Ready Up" screen.

Anyone else have the same issue or is this just an isolated incident?

Great job with the Plus deal. I hope this game takes off from it Rocket League-style. It's perfectly suited for that.

Also, it would be great if you all could tweak the weapon switching somehow. It's grim when you're trying to switch between your primary weapons and you keep scrolling through your pistols and other garbage you've picked up. Maybe D-pad shortcuts, hold triangle for pistol, etc.

This is my biggest problem with the console version right now. its so disruptive in the gameplay flow switching through weapons. Its weird that i've come to memorize how many times to press triangle to skip certain weapons and get to my specific weapon.

Also, when you are out of ammo it takes that weapon out of triangle-button rotation. This is so annoying when you are a medic and need to heal people.

A little protip though: Holding triangle down essentially brings up a dpad weapon switch option, but really slows you down since you are taking your fingers of the analog stick. Really hoping for an alt solution to this.

Decado

[TW]Stone;240737544 said:
For online game search can you implement a ping option? It is weird that you can filter on it in Browse but can't in the search.

Tokubetsu

Hans can be tricky. Just keep in mind that both bosses have weak points.

With hans iirc, you wanna be hitting his head, the plate in his chest, or the tank on his back. If you can't hit those, aim for the legs. His arms will deflect your shots.

EDIT: Tripwire wiki is useful yall:
https://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Dr._Hans_Volter
https://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Patriarch_(Killing_Floor_2)

Side note, the carnival map is gorgeous guys, you absolutely killed it.

This is truth.

I can't tell you how many times I've almost died switching weapons because I can't get to one fast enough. It seems that when you hold down triangle and put your weapons in the slots it should just switch between those. It doesn't and rotates through the whole inventory again.

But I digress. Still a great game!

Gator86

This is my biggest problem with the console version right now. its so disruptive in the gameplay flow switching through weapons. Its weird that i've come to memorize how many times to press triangle to skip certain weapons and get to my specific weapon.

Also, when you are out of ammo it takes that weapon out of triangle-button rotation. This is so annoying when you are a medic and need to heal people.

A little protip though: Holding triangle down essentially brings up a dpad weapon switch option, but really slows you down since you are taking your fingers of the analog stick. Really hoping for an alt solution to this.

Yeah, as a medic most of the time, the no ammo equals no switch mechanic is a nightmare. You are essentially forced to go into inventory mid fight to try and bring up your most important weapon. I hope it's something they can figure out soon. It's not a major thing, but a definite drag on quality of life.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They insist on making you keep the 9mm but unless you have the perk, it's useless clutter.

Idk the weapon switching in general just king of sucks. Might be fine on PC but it's a miss on console. I hope they revisit this... figure it out.

Tokubetsu

They insist on making you keep the 9mm but unless you have the perk, it's useless clutter.

Idk the weapon switching in general just king of sucks. Might be fine on PC but it's a miss on console. I hope they revisit this... figure it out.

9mm isn't useless what?

Charcoal

Gotta get those headshots, bruh.

Tambini

Hard mode seems a breeze now but keep making it to the final zed round on Suicidal but can't quite beat it. Seems there's always one or two players a lot worse than everyone else on the team :p

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
9mm isn't useless what?
I knew someone would say this. But it's "useless" in the sense I HAVE NO USE FOR IT lol I have other, better weapons, and ammo in them. The damn thing only takes up space. It's annoying in many perks past the first couple waves.

It has nothing to do with my elite gaming skillz I'm just tired of the damn thing in my inventory. It's kinda like if the knife was in the weapon switch sequence... annoying, and "useless" compared to my other weapons. This is where you say "the knife is great I use it all the time get good noob" right?

9mm isn't useless but yeah holy shit weapon switching is awful on console.

Also how much more xp do you get per difficulty level? Is there a chart out there? Normal is kind of a joke even with perk level 1 dudes

dawgparty

I knew someone would say this. But it's "useless" in the sense I HAVE NO USE FOR IT lol I have other, better weapons, and ammo in them. The damn thing only takes up space. It's annoying in many perks past the first couple waves.

It has nothing to do with my elite gaming skillz I'm just tired of the damn thing in my inventory. It's kinda like if the knife was in the weapon switch sequence... annoying, and "useless" compared to my other weapons. This is where you say "the knife is great I use it all the time get good noob" right?

Got a little excited there, huh? Your post said the 9mm is useless. They were saying it isn't because it isn't. Reel it in.

Had the game since it went into early acess, it good but still has the annoying, motion sickness inducing clot grabbing. Might go back for this update though.

9mm has no weight, unless you have dual 9mm.

Had the game since it went into early acess, it good but still has the annoying, motion sickness inducing clot grabbing. Might go back for this update though.

There's an option on PC to disable the rotation when you get grabbed. There's probably one on PS4 too.

Yes, according to KF's website PS4 will get it 'this summer'.

Hell yeaass

Veteran KF players know how versatile the 9mm is :)

You can practically use it alone for the first few rounds if you are good at headshots, but yeah on the console version it becomes fodder once you have your other weapons in your inventory.

Really hope console players get a solution to this problem. Atleast for us medics!

Yeah, as a medic most of the time, the no ammo equals no switch mechanic is a nightmare. You are essentially forced to go into inventory mid fight to try and bring up your most important weapon. I hope it's something they can figure out soon. It's not a major thing, but a definite drag on quality of life.

I've lost a lot of comrades because of it lol
Its almost a given that you run out of ammo on the boss round.

Hell yeaass

Veteran KF players know how versatile the 9mm is :)

You can practically use it alone for the first few rounds if you are good at headshots
, but yeah on the console version it becomes fodder once you have your other weapons in your inventory.

Really hope console players get a solution to this problem. Atleast for us medics!

I've lost a lot of comrades because of it lol
Its almost a given that you run out of ammo on the boss round.

Yeah, I use it for the first 2 rounds for pretty much any class. It's super accurate, and powerful if you go for the head. I don't like to spend any cash until like round 3.

cheesekao

I think a simple solution the devs can implement for the weapon switching is to map weapon switching to L1. Holding L1 would bring up a weapon wheel which is far more intuitive.

BHK3

Banned
The 9mm is only useless when you're low level, where trash tank like 2-3 headshots and bloats literally tank like 7 even on normal difficulty because you do shit all in terms of damage. Either way I understand when he says he should have a choice to ditch it, especially because most classes will start you off with a strong weapon with plenty of ammo.

Other than weapon switching I think they should tweak the monster blocking mechanic on console and reduce how often they use it. On PC you can just aim a little higher or lower to get the headshot but that sort of fast fine tune aiming is much much harder on console, them blocking practically makes them invincible outside of M+KB.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
STOP RUNNING AROUND AND STICK TOGETHER YOU IDDDIOOOOTTTTSSS~!!!

- Me, in a number of matchmaking games, seeing my team-mates yet again spread around all over the maps like idiots.

Le sigh -________-

Anyways,

What do you guys think the ideal setup for the Field Medic? Like what weapons to carry, skills to choose, etc etc.

Teepo671

Matchmaking seems much better with options set to 7 waves and games that haven't started yet. Usually only takes a couple of seconds to get a match. I've enjoyed the game a lot so far but is there any point to welding doors besides griefing your teammates?

A lot of my early deaths have been attributed to jerkass team members who weld doors shut as I step outside them to take out some zeds and slowly back up only to find the door welded shut with a fleshpound and/or scrake coming my way.

I've enjoyed the game a lot so far but is there any point to welding doors besides griefing your teammates?

Welding doors helps to level support class up, Ideally you'd weld them to keep zeds out or to keep the bosses in control when they're fleeing to heal but I can understand the annoyance with people welding them just to grief other players.

Welding is there to control flow of zeds. It's useless on lower difficulties, and have use in tighter maps on higher difficulties.

Teepo671

Yeah, I rarely see it used for anything besides trying to grief people in normal mode. I haven't raised any class past level 10 yet so I'm just sticking with normal mode for now. Are all the higher difficulties doable with random groups?

STOP RUNNING AROUND AND STICK TOGETHER YOU IDDDIOOOOTTTTSSS~!!!

- Me, in a number of matchmaking games, seeing my team-mates yet again spread around all over the maps like idiots.

Le sigh -________-

Anyways,

What do you guys think the ideal setup for the Field Medic? Like what weapons to carry, skills to choose, etc etc.

I recently discovered the Medic shotgun and its a beast. I'm usually not a shotgun person, but I think its an essential now. The only issue with it is to make sure you use your ammo sparingly.

My loadout is usually, in this order of buying: Medic Pistol, MedShotgun, MedAssault
Sometimes I will do: MedPistol, Grenade Launcher, MedAssault - then on the boss round swap the Grenade launcher for the Med Shotgun.

For perks, i'm running most of the right side perks focused on damage/ammo instead of bonus darts. I just hit lvl 20 so i'm using the damage resistance darts since that seems like the most important one.

I think its situational though. If you have another medic on the team, damage focus is probably the way to go...if you are the only one a good mix of both is great.

Welding doors helps to level support class up, Ideally you'd weld them to keep zeds out or to keep the bosses in control when they're fleeing to heal but I can understand the annoyance with people welding them just to grief other players.

Its also good for funneling zeds into a blob so that once the door breaks, you can throw/shoot explosives at the blob and rack up a ton of kills at once.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I got this free on PS4 but I just can't bring myself to play a game like this with a controller. Glad to see it's 50% off on Steam. Considering I own KF1 I should be buying the standard edition right?

Shai-Tan

Banned
What settings in game and in control panel do I use to get gsync working?

Edit: does variable frame rate matter for that? Or is it for just unlocking above 60?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You're going to enjoy one of the upcoming Weekly Outbreaks then (Special game mode that runs for a week)

Poundemonium - All Fleshpounds, all the time, even the boss....

These dudes are about the only thing I legit fear when running around on my FB. I imagine it gets a BIT easier as I level up, but that's a SLOW road on PS4. So for now, I see them and run...But still become their target due to splash damage.

Also, dying online sucks. We were on round 8/10 and I was attacked by 2 Fleshpounds...So of course I died. Problem was, someone took my Microwave Gun and Shotgun and either sold them or kept them. So going into round 9, I was basically a dead duck. Kind of lame.

Turning on the Motion sickness option didnt seem to do anything.

There's the "No Auto Turn on Clot Grab" option on PC. It's different from that setting. Might want to double check on PS4.

wuC8EaJ.png

Foxxsoxx

Just wanna say THANK YOUUUU to the devs for having a FoV slider for consoles.

also the game is pretty dope, thanks PS plus.

[TW]Stone;240910059 said:
one of my faves as well :)

If there is a Halloween event this year, would I be 100% crazy to expect a Commando Chicken or Chickenator character to be part of the new content that update would add?

I need him in my life again, it's been too long.

Top Bottom