• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 |OT| You've got red on you.

Yeah the fov is a great surprise. Also for the crates what should I be doing? Anyway to open them up with in game stuff or should I just recycle them if I don't plan on spending real dosh.

Yeah the fov is a great surprise. Also for the crates what should I be doing? Anyway to open them up with in game stuff or should I just recycle them if I don't plan on spending real dosh.
I've just been recycling them. I want to show the devs some support, but $2.50 to unlock a random chest is a bit much for me. Soon I'll be able to recycle enough to get something random. Lol.

Peroroncino

Yeah those keys are way too expensive, that kind of money I'd pay for a bundle of 5 maybe, definitely not for one.

btw. is it possible to get a key from the daily drop?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've just been recycling them. I want to show the devs some support, but $2.50 to unlock a random chest is a bit much for me. Soon I'll be able to recycle enough to get something random. Lol.
I paid one time out of curiosity and got a duplicate item.

Yeah.... nope.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah - key cost should be reduced. As it stands, I feel no incentive to buy keys. Too bad because I want to support the devs, but not at the current asking price.

Gator86

Yeah - key cost should be reduced. As it stands, I feel no incentive to buy keys. Too bad because I want to support the devs, but not at the current asking price.

The whole locked crate/key system is kind of bad. Lootboxes, in general, are almost universally shitty. I did buy one of the outfit packs to support the devs though. I've already put a ton of hours into this game.

If they release more characters/costume packs in the store for direct purchase, I will gladly buy them.

Tanaka's motorcycle gear pack and the classic suit pack for Foster are great examples of the kind of stuff I'd like to see more of in the future.

Spending loads of money on keys just to get a bunch of stuff you don't want is a terrible experience for the player, and I hope Tripwire is aware of that. I hope they're also aware of how the loot box system has made it more difficult for players to gain access to the content they're interested in.

For example:

Just yesterday I found out there's this really cool pair of items for the priest guy that makes him look like a vampire hunter. I checked the store hoping they would be bundled together in a $5 pack or something, but no. They're from a crate, which means the only way to get them is to open a bunch of crates and hope I'm lucky enough to receive the 2 items I want instead of the 12 other items that I don't, or go to the Steam Market and pay obscene amounts of money for them.

It would cost me about $48 to buy those two items off the Steam Market.

In Killing Floor 1, $48 would get you all of the community weapon packs as well as a couple character packs (some of which were awesome, like the steampunk character pack and the robot).

In Killing Floor 2, it gets you two cosmetic items for one character.

Van Bur3n

I find myself also in favor of just buying the cosmetic packs similar to how it was handled in the first game (and slightly in this game) rather than any of this RNG bullshit Tripwire is trying to pull like its a fucking shitty Valve game.

And if we're talking the Halloween event, for the love of god, bring back my Grim Reaper with the smoke effect and I will feel complete.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
https://wiki.tripwireinteractive.co...s_(Killing_Floor_2)#XP_Scaling_per_Difficulty

So am I missing something or is the xp scaling messed up? It seems like hard has by far the most efficient xp gain, as most of the enemies don't even increase by 1xp on the 2 subsequent difficulty levels despite being noticeably harder to take down.

Just looking at a Cyst, their XP is 8/11/11/11 and their head HP is 15/20/20/20. So I imagine enemies that don't change their XP reward are the same in terms of how hearty they are. However, they deal more damage, are more mobile, and become smarter, so they're more dangerous.

That does bring up an interesting point...Why would you play on anything other than hard? The ROI seems low.

Gator86

Just looking at a Cyst, their XP is 8/11/11/11 and their head HP is 15/20/20/20. So I imagine enemies that don't change their XP reward are the same in terms of how hearty they are. However, they deal more damage, are more mobile, and become smarter, so they're more dangerous.

That does bring up an interesting point...Why would you play on anything other than hard? The ROI seems low.

I play almost entirely on hard. Going up higher seems, pun intended, suicidal. You're always paired with a level 0 berserker and like 4 commandos or something.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I play almost entirely on hard. Going up higher seems, pun intended, suicidal. You're always paired with a level 0 berserker and like 4 commandos or something.

Yeah exactly.

But seriously - what's the point of playing on anything else? Is there a legit value to it versus "I did it"?

Yeah exactly.

But seriously - what's the point of playing on anything else? Is there a legit value to it versus "I did it"?

It's fun with the right team. It also requires different classes. Sharpshooter can take down a fleshpound or a scrag (I sound insane..) in a couple hits. Before suicidal I thought they were useless. Also demolition gets a huge boost just based on the number of enemies.

Also new enemies and new attacks are a cool edition if nothing else.

Yeah exactly.

I imagine it's fun with a good team, plus improved AI and more enemy variety. Just wish they had a better reward at least :/

My problem with hard is it's piss easy until the boss phase and then wipes are common at my level with randoms, but there's no reason to bump it up to the other difficulties even once I hit 25.

Gator86

The XP grind in this game is way too long.

A little bit. Also, medics get fucked over by the garbage XP for healing. If you focus everything on healing on suicidal, for example, you're getting no XP even though you're the most important person. You have to put like one shot on every enemy you can between heals.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
A little bit. Also, medics get fucked over by the garbage XP for healing. If you focus everything on healing on suicidal, for example, you're getting no XP even though you're the most important person. You have to put like one shot on every enemy you can between heals.

Yeah I went with medic which was a big mistake.

Gator86

Yeah I went with medic which was a big mistake.

Medic is still my favorite class, but it doesn't seem like anyone has ever looked at healing XP. It's roughly 6,000 full heals to go from 24 to 25, if you didn't kill any enemies. It makes the medic SMG a much, much more valuable weapon because the huge clip lets you get a bullet on so many enemies.

I have a question... and this bug happens to me a lot when I play Killing Floor 2 on PS4.

For Whatever reason I can't play Vs Survival. The moment I enter a game the game freezes and I have to restart but the game mode never works.

Should I delete the game and start over?

Umbooki

I have a question... and this bug happens to me a lot when I play Killing Floor 2 on PS4.

For Whatever reason I can't play Vs Survival. The moment I enter a game the game freezes and I have to restart but the game mode never works.

Should I delete the game and start over?
Same thing happened to me, but I haven't come up with a solution. Keep those fingers crossed.

watdaeff4

I played with this a bit. Not to be critical of the game, but so far it seems to be a "standard COD Zombies/Horde" mode.

Is there any hook or aspect of the game that would differentiate it from others that I'm missing?

catspit

I played with this a bit. Not to be critical of the game, but so far it seems to be a "standard COD Zombies/Horde" mode.

Is there any hook or aspect of the game that would differentiate it from others that I'm missing?

I just started playing it today and find the different classes and perks they can gain a little bit addicting. Where as I hate COD zombie modes

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's kinda funny to see that the Support perk, being a.. well, support class, can actually pull off an obscene amount of damage, wayyy more than other seemingly offensive-oriented perks like Commando, Gunslinger, etc.

That Auto-Shotgun coupled with Tactical Reload, increased 30% damage.... mannnn it's kinda awesome, hahaha.

What are the strongest classes?
All around demo is pretty good. I've seen a lot of sharpshooters wreck bigger enemies. Firebird seems mostly useless at suicide and above. Supports autoshotgun does crazy damage also. For staying power swats armor upgrades help especially since not every game has heals.

catspit

It's kinda funny to see that the Support perk, being a.. well, support class, can actually pull off an obscene amount of damage, wayyy more than other seemingly offensive-oriented perks like Commando, Gunslinger, etc.

That Auto-Shotgun coupled with Tactical Reload, increased 30% damage.... mannnn it's kinda awesome, hahaha.

I seen this in action and was confused why he was dominated everyone at the top while a support class

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I seen this in action and was confused why he was dominated everyone at the top while a support class

Yep, Support with Auto-Shotgun = wrecks everybody. Plus his grenades are frag too, which I believe gives off the most amount of direct damage out of all the grenades in the game.

Coupled with a Demo who knows what he or she is doing, you can pretty much wreck the Patriarch before he can even heals.

Sharpshooter can cause good amount of damage too, but the problem is to maximize its damage you need to be stationery and also crouching, which can be a massive pain in the arse considering how important movement is in this game--it's rare you can actually find a corner with no disturbance where you can just shoot nilly-willy. Gunslinger can also dish out great damage but you need to pull off constant headshots to do so, and it is the perk with the most amount of reload interruptions (and you can only get faster reload at level 15, which can take a while, unlike Support which gets it at 5)

Firebug is disappointingly weak :/ And it can be hard to accurately gauge the distance of your flamethrowers. Commando is great for clearing out trashes, and with the LMG this perk can also dish out a surprising amount of sustained damage.

I'm terrible at headshots so I admire anyone who can play Sharpie at Sui+. Everyone dances around and bobs their heads so much.

I can *sort of* do it with Gunslinger because it's easy to kite and you can carry three dual pistols.

This game may be alright.

Leveled up my Med class to 10 and decided to call it a night but I think I can see myself playing this for a bit.

Ravage

I would never have played this without the Plus promotion so a big thank you to whoever that made it happen. Best online co-op experience i had in recent memory.

Please add more bosses! :)

The Support class is worth it for the Incendiary Shotgun alone. I adore that thing. When bullet time hits and you can see all the dragon's breath particles flying through the air Hard Boiled style.... omg

That + the double barrel shotgun WHEW

Then you unlock the AA-12 towards the end of the match and shred through everything WHEWWWWW

Bless the gunplay in this game.

Top Bottom