• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 BETA invites For Europe sent out! (stop begging for keys, you dirty ponces

KZObsessed

TTP said:
I have sent a request to Guerrilla Games clan last Saturday for a match to take place on Sunday at 16:00 PM. I did bet 20 Value Points. They never replied. We got our 20 VP back.

The DoA guys seems pretty busy. I spot at least a couple of them in every match. We might try with those. Albeit we will be probably suffer major damage :lol

Any preferred day/time I should set a clan match for?

BTW, this in-game clan matchmaking thing is awesome.

How could Guerilla say no to GAF??? *shakes fist*

Well I have to get up early for Uni every work day, so Saturday would be best for me, but I can play weekdays no worries, but I'd probably have to stop around 1-2am UK time.

Tho I don't mind losing sleep for KILLZONE 2! :D

Wollan said:
I say we bet a 100 against the first clan. All or nothing, beta doesn't last forever.

But then if we lose the first one we can't play again! I say we make it interesting with a 60 first, then if we lose we can still have a couple more games at 20.

If we win one then we can strap on a pair and go all in!

"ya feelin' lucky punk?"

Wollan said:
I say we bet a 100 against the first clan. All or nothing, beta doesn't last forever.
Are the clan points "usable" in some way in the beta? You don't have to answer for what they're usable :p Only if they are.

KZObsessed

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
Gah! I'm assuming that isn't accessable to people not in the beta?

Yeah, Killzone.com is linked to your PSN account so I think your account would have to be "activated" before you can access them.

@TTP and FFObsessed

I can participate on weekdays between 20.30 and 23.00 CET (GMT+1).

Let's try using 50 or 60 valor points and see how that goes - and conquer the world from there :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ChryZ said:
Weekdays 21:00-24:00CET, weekends pretty much anytime at short notice.

Ok then. Keep checking the events page these days ;)

Let's go with 100VP!!!! (curious to see what happens when u reach zero :p)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I just saw some footage of the beta (no, I can't put it online anywhere), and goddamn this game looks amazing. There are still a few small issues, but overall it's *really* incredible looking.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
PirateSean said:
TTP- Do I need an invite to the clan, or do I just search it?

I think u need an invite. i'll send u one. keep checking the clan page in game.

whats ur psn id? i cant find any AKIRA-UK

BeeDog

Blimblim said:
I just saw some footage of the beta (no, I can't put it online anywhere), and goddamn this game looks amazing. There are still a few small issues, but overall it's *really* incredible looking.

You piqued my interest. :eek: Wanna describe these small issues?

andycapps

Has anyone in the US gotten into the beta thus far? Wish I could get in, but the LBP beta is keeping me busy enough for now.

Blimblim said:

improved since leipzig then?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Its multiplayer.
(And its a beta,so it will look and play better on release)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
mr_nothin said:
I know, it was just a dumb joke because he was the only one on the map.
Sorry for misreading you.
The truth is that killzone 2 is looking incredible.

neorej said:
Meh, looks good and all, but not as nearly as good if I got to play it on my own PS3 :(

yeah, a pretty big downgrade compared to playing on my own ps3

the clouds are really impressive... really has an oppressive feel

Blimblim

The Inside Track
BeeDog said:
You piqued my interest. :eek: Wanna describe these small issues?
Sometimes you see characters running right under a light source and casting no shadows, and sometimes they do (at other places in the map), little things like that. Some textures aren't as good as others.
Honestly it's just nitpicking, I'm floored by how good it looks.

Midas

TTP

How is the clan thing working? Is the amount of players limited? I would like to try it out so if you have room for one more... ? :)

Epix said:
So PSU is handling the NA keys? Any ETA on these? Just need to be registered with PSU to eligible right?

Yup, all SCE closed betas are handled that way. At a minimum you need to be a member of PSU and have your PS3 registered on the site. Additionally it would be wise to have your PSN ID linked at Playstation Underground as well as Killzone.com. US testing is next; so I'd guess between now and November. This thread has all the details you need.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&thread.id=39396

alba

Little is the new Big
Wollan said:

I like the way you're thinking, let's do that and kick their ass :D

haha

Nizz

user friendly said:
Thanks man! Finally, a decent video without two minutes of setting up and half a minute of gunplay. ;) God damn, this game is blowing me away graphics wise. I love the animation in this game. The character's hands and motion when he jumps over that ledge. A feeling of weight to the character. Two more reasons this game is blowing me away, one: that this is a beta version of the game, so there's still plenty of time to get even more polished. Even at this stage with how good it looks, even crazier is that it can look and perform even better!. Second: this is the multiplayer version of the game...multiplayer. The part of the game where the graphics are usually turned down a notch to account for a lot of players and performance. This looks just as detailed and polished as the single player stuff I've seen so far... My jaw was dropped while I was watching that clip.

Forsete

Gold Member
fps fanatic said:
Second: this is the multiplayer version of the game...multiplayer. The part of the game where the graphics are usually turned down a notch to account for a lot of players and performance.

Only shit devs needs to do that (Ubi). ;)

calder

That footage looked a bit better than I was expecting, wow. Just the way so much shit is moving around and the dirty/broken details on everything combined with the weather. Weird to see a FPS with your own character animating so well you notice it.

Barso

Banned
How does it compare to halo 3 multi-player?
Does sony finally have it's halo 3 killer?
Loving the videos of this game

Top Bottom